Default Homemade Chemical Explosives

In the past 4 weeks there have been a number of instances where acid bombs have been set off in the Savannah area. Two people were injured at Savannah State and one person was injured at Daiquiri Island on Abercorn St. A patrol officer encountered at least three of these devices in the past several weeks.

These devices are constructed of a plastic bottle, such as a water or soda bottle, a liquid chemical, and aluminum foil. When the chemical and aluminum foil are combined, the cap is placed on the bottle at which time pressure builds until the bottle explodes. The resulting explosion causes the chemical to spray in all directions. The chemical causes burns when it touches skin.

Any person encountering this type device should stay clear of the area by at least 300 feet. Do not attempt to relieve the pressure on the bottle as it may explode without warning. Contact - 911 The Police and Bomb Disposal Unit will respond. You should call 911 even if the device has already exploded. If the device has exploded, the surrounding area should be considered contaminated.
    Lt. Sean M. Henry
    Thunderbolt Fire Department
    E-mail address: tfdhenry@yahoo.com

Forum Member

Nothin to see here folks, please -- keep it moving along:

http://cms.firehouse.com/forums2/sho...threadid=72077

(Same post on Firefighters Forum)

Fire Chaplain

Actually, he's posted this very same post on SEVERAL other threads here.

I guess that's one way to boost you post count, huh?
    Resident Chaplain of the IACOJ

Forum Member

Angry

GEEZE This guy is every where posting the same thread!

Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

May be a good way to boost your post count, but its also a great way to make sure everyone sees it.
    "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

Default Sorry everyone

Everyone,

I just wanted to apologize to everyone for posting some many times. I just wanted to make sure it was seen by everyone. I was only trying to look out for everyone. I am truly sorry.
    Lt. Sean M. Henry
    Thunderbolt Fire Department
    E-mail address: tfdhenry@yahoo.com

Forum Member

Originally posted by PattyV
    May be a good way to boost your post count, but its also a great way to make sure everyone sees it.
    I agree Patty, I think he was just ensuring that this information was indeed seen by as many people as possible. It is an important piece of information, so why knock the guy for putting it out there? At least it's not useless fluff!!

TFDHenry, you don't have to apologize, in my mind you were imparting information that you deemed important toward the safety of your Brother's and Sister's out there.
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Thread Information