Thread: Navy Corpsman

Default Navy Corpsman

Hey guys just got back from MEPS Yesterday and ill be shipping off for boot camp in june 2006 to go be a Corpsman...so anyways was just wondering if any of you here were Corpsman or Ex-Corpsman.
    Rest In Peace
    Anndee Huber-A tragedy which could have been prevented!
    Ban Alcohol in the Firehouse!

Forum Member

Are you going to be a Corpsman to serve with the Marines?

There are a few of us former Marines and a few former Corpsmen floating around here too.

As a former Marine I can say that if you are with Marines we will treat you very, very well. Especially if you are a good guy and work well with them.

What kind of bonus are they offering Corpsmen these days? There's a big shortage throughout and I know that they offering some big bucks lately.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Yes my ultimate goal would be to serve as a FMF (Fleet Marine Force) Corpsman

They couldnt find me any bonus for my 5 yr enlistment but im not in it for the money....obviously LOL

Im in it for the training and experience
    Rest In Peace
    Anndee Huber-A tragedy which could have been prevented!
    Ban Alcohol in the Firehouse!

MembersZone Subscriber

While not a Corpsman I was a 91-B in the Army which is a Combat Medic (pretty much the same job). It wasn't bad at all and actually during the class they also taught us EMT which is where I got my Basic license from. When I got out I was a Nationally Registered EMT, but when I moved back to Michigan they didn't accept it, so I let the license lapse. In August I start the clas all over again 12 years later

Good luck, it is a rewarding job!
    EMT-B
    Garfield Twp. Fire Department
    http://www.garfieldfire.com

Forum Member

Although I was not a corpsman - I served with a few and they were fantastic. A calm demeanor in the face of untold horror. You are joining an elite group. And - Thank you for your service to our country.
    Jacktee

IACOJ

"Insert quotation here."

Forum Member

No,I started off my Navy hitch at Great Lakes learning to be a BT(boiler technician)at the BT/MM A School.
    I hung out with a few corpsman trainees at the Helm Club back in late 84/early 85.Good bunch but those particular ones were kinda wild.

makes good girls go bad

Welcome aboard Shipmate! I was SUPPOSED to have shipped out tomorrow (1 Aug 2005) for Navy Basic, but a severely fractured jaw, complements of an assault will delay that. I am going to be switching my job over to HM, and **Hopefully** going to FMF. As soon as I find out my new ship date, I will post it.....with the way the Drs said it could be healing, I might be shipping out with you!
    ***Edit: There is not much, if any bonus for this 5 yr enlistment, as it is QUITE full and hard as hell to get into**
    Last edited by BLSboy; 07-30-2005 at 04:11 PM.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

Drifting on a raft in the Carribean Ocean listening to Buffet.

Thumbs up GREEN SIDE!!!

The only way to be a Corpsman is to be a Corpsman with the Marine Corps!! I served with them for three and a half very good years. They may be the Department of the Navy, but it is the MENS DEPARTMENT!! SEMPER FI!! You had better be ready to experience the hardest job on earth though. BUT, it is the best job and I would do it all over again no questions asked and without a second of hesitation. I am still on IRR and if I was asked to come back I would put up a fight if they told me it would not be with the Marines. Once you get it in your blood it will never leave you. I know nothing about the Navy. I know a lot about the Marine Corps. I had someone ask me if the Navy was a good place to start the other day. I said only if you are going to be a Corpsman with the Marines, other than that join the Marine Corps. I loved what I did. The day they told me I was up for "Shore" duty I said no thanks and got off active duty. As far as I am concerned there is no other duty than being a "Doc."

Matt

Forum Member

I aslo just got back from MEPS and am going in as a DC. Thanks to the DEPS program however, I do not ship until next june

GO NAVY!!

Thread Information