Forum Member

Default Departments already know??????

We had a fire call today. Nothing big, just smoke in house. Anyway, I told one of the Captains from a mutual aid Department things were looking good for us.

He said, "Us Too!!!!"

He went on to say they were getting funded in the second round and had confimation by phone from AFG staff.

I dont know if he's blowing smoke or if he is serious, but it does make me wonder how that is possible.

Could be that everybody isn't posting here???
    Could be that calls are already being made???

MembersZone Subscriber

I can assure you, nobody knows for sure! There are a number of indications that you can get but, until you have an "Official Letter of Award", noboby knows for sure. The awards have NOT been officially announced. Many departments have recieved their 1199As and "questions", which are strong indicators that you will be funded but,... don't count your chickens until they hatch and you have an award letter IN HAND!
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Default Correct

KB:

As always my friend, you are on the money.. You ever play the game as a kid where you sit in a circle? One person whispers a sentence into the person beside them, with the assumption that the same message will be conveyed all the way around the circle?? I was alwyas amazed how communications broke down about 3 people into the game and by the time the phrase reached the originator, it was so vastly different, everyone got a great laugh!

Same theory applies!! There is only 1199a communication from the federal folks... That being said, how can one presume anything more? There are no phone calls going out saying CONGRATULATIONS, so let's kill the rumor mill here and now and focus on truths not half truths!

The AFG website says in July, award announcements are expected. Well, it is still July. As eluded to in a previous post, grab yourself a tall cold drink with a fancy umbrella, sit in the chaise lounge and relax, it'll come when it comes!! Spreading half-truths only stirs the pot and creates havoc! We're above that, we're professionals...

Just my thoughts.

7Peaks

MembersZone Subscriber

7peaks, thanks for the compliment. I consider it part of my professional integrity and repsonibilities to these departments I serve, to dispel rumuors and give them the straight talk they deserve.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

1st, this wasn't a "rumor" and I wasn't trying to propogate one. The guy was actually convinced they already knew.

2nd, stranger things have been known to happen.

Sorry if it sounded that way.

just in case......
    "NE,FFV,2R"

MembersZone Subscriber

MArion I don;t think anyone intended to say you were propogating a rumor, they were trying to say that the "rumor mill" in general was cranking hard in the forums that week. No foul on your part, no apologies were needed. We just try to make sure everyone gets accurate infromation or we provide the fodder for all to make their own judgements. Keep on wriiting that is what these are for!
    Kurt Bradley

Thread Information