Default Question about Jr. Firefighting Program

I live in Illinois and wanted to know what all Departments in East Central Illinois had the Jr. Firefighting Program.

email me at cw_basketball_81@hotmail.com with information. Thanks!

Anthony

Can someone post on here and help me out?!

BUMP!

MembersZone Subscriber

It all depends where you are?
    The ones that i know of are all in cook or kane co.
    Streamwood, Roselle, Elburn, Geneva, Sycamore, Bartlett, Des Plaines, and Hillsboro. Your best bet is to start searching the internet. Otherwise checkout your local firehouse and just ask around. They will most likely know people. Good luck bud!

Forum Member

Pick up the phone. There are a lot of people here but it is doubtful you will get a rep from every IL dept to notice this and reply. Call around you, and once you find a dept with a post they will probably know of other posts near them, and you can network it from there. Not saying you shouldn't ask here - usually a few good answers come to those who ask legitimate questions - but use the other tools in your belt, too.

Good luck.
    You only have to be stupid once to be dead permanently
    - - - - - -
    I A C O J

my dad and step-mom lives in Hillsboro, and that's about an hour or so from my town of Casey...so, that wouldn't work out. I live in Clark County by the way. So, if you hear anything let me know, and I will call my fire department today and see what I can find out.

Forum Member

If your hometown dept doesnt have an explorer program, why not ask them to start one. However, you'd probably need more than just yourself before you ask though. I know my dept had to have atleast 5 before we could get the paperwork started. Also, you might try contacting the Boy Scouts. We used them in beginning our program. They could probably point you in the right direction.
    A Volunteer Firefighter wants to make a difference. A Trained Volunteer Firefighter does make a difference.

Thread Information