Thread: 10 Questions?

Forum Member

Default 10 Questions?

We got the 1199a in e-mail last week. I am reading everyone talking about the 10 questions. I have not received those as of yet. Will they come in e-mail or regular mail?

Is it normal to have the 1199a without the 10 questions? This is my first time working with this grant. I guess I am just a little nervous.

Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

There is no rhyme or reason on how they send out the 1199A or the 10 questions. Some departments get them at the same time, others get one at a time at different times. In your case, you will eventually recieve the 10 questions. Be patient. Good luck.

Forum Member

Default 10 questions before 1199A

We applied for a FEMA grant for over $450,000 for a ladder truck. On June 16th we received the "10 questions" and sent the replies back immediately. We have not heard back since that time. We've received two FEMA grants in the past, one in 2002 and one in 2003. Both times, we received the questions. How soon after the questions is everyone receiving their 1199A forms?

MembersZone Subscriber

Go to your on-line application and look at one of the previous grnats that you recieved. In the "view application" area, drop down the menu and pick "View 1199A". If you see a entry on that 1199a which says "Reference Award #05- FG- EMW- ??????, you probabaly willnot get an 1199A update but, that willbe an indication that your money has been set aside fro award, WHENEVER they get around to announcing the winners. Just sit tight and relax.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Default 1199A and 10 questions

Thanks for the info, ktb9780! I did go into the past grant application and clicked on the view 1199A and this year's grant number is listed, along with the other two that we were awarded in 2002 and 2003. From what I understand, this does mean that the funding has been set aside for us and now we just await official word of the award. Thanks again!

MembersZone Subscriber

Glad to help anytime. Feel free to call me or email with any questions about public safety grants.
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

KTB...Just wanted to also say a big thankyou for that last piece of information. My Chief got our 10 questions (new pumper) back in mid-June, but was growing concerned that he had not recieved a link on the application page as yet. I told him that the receipt of the questions was a good indicator, but he was still a bit skeptical until I opened the 1199a link in the 2002 application (we received grants in 02 +03) and there was the 2005 ref#. Obviously he's very excited now. Thanks again, Mark
    Last edited by kramelop; 07-31-2005 at 08:30 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

As always gentleman, I remain at your service! For more great info, visit my homepage!
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Default 10 Questions

We have never recieved any grants that we applied for and have yet to get anything back from anyone on this grant.....if we dont get any questions does that mean we will get turned down yet again for the grant??

MembersZone Subscriber

It would be too early to tell at this point. There are multiple rounds of funding in this grant and it may be several more weeks or months before you would recieve anything. Suffice it to say that if you do not have a "Dear John" letter in your hand, you are still under consideration. If you need further help contact me offline ( profile).
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Thanks for the info guys, I got the questions the other day. So hopefully we will hear something very soon! Good luck to everyone.

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

WE just got our 10 questions and to say we are excited is a massive understatement. We know it is no guarantee, but it feels better than a dear John. We asked for a rescue pumper and believe me it is sorely needed in my village.

Good luck to everyone out there!!

FyredUp

Forum Member

Smile

What time of the day do the questions come?

Could save alot of time if I wasn't constantly checking the mail!

Bruce

Thread Information