MembersZone Subscriber

Talking Only The Truth Survives!!!

I was a member on this site a few yrs ago for a long time and have recently returned. I have read more threads and posts in the last couple of days than I can remember. I have noticed one thing for sure. The most common subject these days are people complaining about personal problems at there jobs...sure complain if you want, that's what its here for...I personally think that to many people are so negative about there situation that they spend the majority of there time on here trying to get other people to be miserable with them..And overall I have noticed that it works. Most of the time it's because someone will read someone else's opinions and take it personally than before you know it you have to adults(ha ha) bickering over pathetic S**t. Just a piece of advice from someone who doesnt know what he's talking about.....Take a long look at you life....Did someone put you in your position?....Do you have an ANCHOR tied to your A**...My guess is probably not...

Oh and by the way...All you people out there complaining about Iraq..I love it...I deal with the same crap I did in the states except here I get paid more.

And one more thing....Please respond..I would absolutely love to hear what all you complainers have to say about this!!!

Forum Member

Oh my God, someone who actually loves it over there!!! I always thought it was funny that there were so many more people signing for a second year than they though, meaning that a lot of people don't mind it over there, and yet we only get the complainers. Then again, why would you use the effort to get onto this website unless you had a reason, ie, to complain. Thanks for the good news. How about you tell us what it is exactly that makes you love it over there? I've heard everything that's bad, how about the good stuff for once?

MembersZone Subscriber

Hmmm....posting a message to complain that everyone's complaining? lol j/k

I think you're right though, and the reason is that nobody tries to rally support for their cause when things are going well. Or, as they say, "Misery loves company."

Sure, I have gripes about my department, my (regular) job, etc. But one thing that I really love about being a firefighter is that every day I get to see that there are people facing bigger problems than I am. It puts things in perspective for me. Your minor little complaints seem pretty insignificant when you're freeing someone from a wrecked vehicle or trying to save a family's home and all of their possessions from fire. It really makes you appreciate all that you have.

MembersZone Subscriber

One of the main reasons I like it over here is the chance to work with people from all over the world. I work with numerous people from the states and yes even from foreign countries. I learn alot of different skills because of this. Both fire skills and people skills. I have seen a few people of course that need to wake up but for the most part when I was told that the guys over here are top notch I have to agree. I've had the chance to see how other departments work and how other people do things. I worked for 2 municipal departments when I got out of the military and have to say I was not impressed with the level of professionalism, training, and motivation. I was starting to get a sour feeling about the fire service in general. I am glad I didnt go with my feelings because those feelings I had was because of some of the people I worked with. Yes there were decent people and they deserve there jobs. Maybe I was expecting to much. Taking this job over here has tought me alot. It's tought me that even though I had a bad experience that I shouldnt judge everyone because of it. I have found a new love for what I do and have realized once again why I do it. To help people. I am prouder than ever to call myself a firefighter.

Forum Member

I just wonder how many of the guys complaining about the conditions
    in Iraq have ever held a "real" job for any length of time ?
    Im not talking about standing behind a counter in a convience store , I mean something like tying rebar in 100 degree weather , or walking red iron , how bout working in a chicken house dead of Summer.
    I bet some one pooping on the toilet seat wouldnt be such a big deal.

Forum Member

Originally posted by MJRyanBFD
    One of the main reasons I like it over here is the chance to work with people from all over the world. I work with numerous people from the states and yes even from foreign countries.
    Speaking of which, did I hear correctly that the Aussie army's over there and they have a lot of women in their ranks?

MembersZone Subscriber

YES SIR!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking Aussies nurses RULE, our girls are pretty HOT too

Hey MJRyanBFD,

I will meet you at the Aussie pool on Friday. Say around 1500 ? First guy who gets an Aussie nurse's info wins, k ? Near beer and cigars to the winner.

Don't forget our ladies however boys. The new Army....WHHHHEEEEWWWW!!!!! Some of these girls are SSSSMMMMOOOOKIN' I have plenty of pictures and video of our soldier girls to show you kats when you get over here.

Hey Berks,

When are they sending you guys ? Retention is close to 70%, but I see guys everyday leaving and not coming back. They are going to have to start sending us fresh bodies for the pile soon.

MembersZone Subscriber

Sorry but I'll be in Dubai on friday....MONTREAL on MONDAY!!.....VACATION TIME...PAAARRRTTTAAAAYYYYYY!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Ryan,

Thanks for your work over there. I live near Ft. Hood. I've got many friends civilian and military serving. One of my closest friends has spent three tours over there and is going back first chance he gets. I think he enjoys his job, working with the troops, and the ability to contribute to the mission.

Take Care and God Bless

Nail

PS There may be something he's not telling me about the nurses!

Forum Member

I have a friend from our fire department working as a firefighter for one of the contract companies in the Green Zone .. and he loves it. He has been there for a year and just resigned for 2 more. He downplays the danger but finds the occasional mortering and bombings "something that adds a bit of excitement to a basically routine job". In fact, he tried to recruit me ... but the idea of playing in a hot sand box 4000 miles from home just didn't appeal to me .... though the money made me think about it for a minute or two.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up Fly to Dubai, its to die

Have fun brother. Look me up when you get back in country. Have a Corona w/ lime for me while in Dubai. Remind me what it tastes like, it has been awhile and it will be awhile still yet.

MembersZone Subscriber

Capo....Will do pal...I have to admit we are allowed to drink here(not for much longer probably)!! I don't drink while I am over here though so it will be nice...

LaFire....if you dont mind me asking who?...I probably work with him..

Forum Member

Default Re: Aussies nurses RULE, our girls are pretty HOT too

Originally posted by Capo168
    Don't forget our ladies however boys. The new Army....WHHHHEEEEWWWW!!!!! Some of these girls are SSSSMMMMOOOOKIN' I have plenty of pictures and video of our soldier girls to show you kats when you get over here.

Hey Berks,

When are they sending you guys ? Retention is close to 70%, but I see guys everyday leaving and not coming back. They are going to have to start sending us fresh bodies for the pile soon.
    Got any of the pictures online? Lol, seriously though, they're still saying end of August/beginning of September, so we'll see.

Thread Information