MembersZone Subscriber

Exclamation Class 1 Pressure Governor

I was wondering what everyone is setting their presets at on the Class 1 “Captain” pressure governors. I am specifically looking for the “preset” pressure. Our dealer apparatus dealer has told us we can not set the preset higher than 125 PSI…Any thoughts.

Forum Member

Thats a load of horsesh*t! We keep ours set at 180PSI for the 200' 1.75 crosslays (Automatic Nozzles) since that is the "bread and butter" line. Anything else, we just manually adjust it as the situation calls for.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

MembersZone Subscriber

Ours is set at 135 psi.

Forum Member

Your dealer is smoking crack.The preset can be set to any pressure to the capacity of the system thru a simple reprogramming.Ours happens to be set at 150. T.C.

Forum Member

Default Re: Class 1 Pressure Governor

Originally posted by Shangrileu
    I was wondering what everyone is setting their presets at on the Class 1 “Captain” pressure governors. I am specifically looking for the “preset” pressure. Our dealer apparatus dealer has told us we can not set the preset higher than 125 PSI…Any thoughts.

Don't know who this dealer is or what brand of apparatus he is selling. But, I do know one thing and he is full of horse crap!

Set the thing at what ever pressure you want to. I would suggest that 165 PSI would be a good start and if there are times that you will exceed that, then you can always, reset it!
    OUTSTANDING

Make It Happen

Never forget 9-11-2001
    343 Brothers Who Were MURDERED!!

MembersZone Subscriber

200' of 1-3/4" with automatic TFT automatic nozzle PRE-SET at 175Psi. Your dealer doesn't know it can be done or doesn't want you to do it for some reason.
    Stay low and move it in.

Be safe.

Larry

Forum Member

Take a look at this web site. There are instuctions on how to set the governor, but you need to know your engine make.

http://www.class1.com/manuals.asp

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the replies on the preset PSI. Our unit is giving us fits by jumping around for several seconds while it levels out at the preset PSI. Has anybody else had this problem?

Forum Member

Have you tried contacting Class1 directly about your problems and bypassing the apparatus dealer? We've been using their stuff exclusively for several years and have always found the factory people to be very helpful.

Thread Information