Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Forum Member

Default You are correct sandboxffwife....

You should not have commented....You are continuing the norm on the Iraq threads. These posts are being read by Fire chiefs from civilian, DOD and contractors worldwide. Go ahead, keep it up.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default tired also

Im in Iraq, and im tired of all the new threads also. I think giving Iraq a seperate forum, just like the states is a good idea.

Forum Member

Actually (turnout) YOU are the exact reason others have chosen to start their own thread ... but really who cares? Who are you to judge someone else? Read it, don't read it, post, don't post ... it's all about CHOICE?! And what do I care about WHO reads these? That make no sense or threat whatsoever!

And (stem) WHAT IF it were all about money to go to Iraq? Money makes the world go round. And because WE want a better life for ourselves and our children? AND he gets an opportunity for a "change in scenery" (good or bad) ... AND he gets a chance to do "his part" for the country? Who are you to judge? Oh, and don't exaggerate ... while my husband has the balls to fly into a war zone to do his job ... NO firefighters have been killed in the "war" ... nor have we ever claimed that they are any more "heroic" than doing their jobs stateside!

It's funny how, this was a thread complaining about the Iraq threads (complaining) and all you've talked/complained about are the Iraq threads??

I'm done ... you've gotten your rise (and fall) outta me ... and I have much more important things to do ...
    Take care and be safe ... always,
    ~ Kirsten

Forum Member

Whoa! Everybody play nice, were all on the same side here! If you want to take the Iraq threads off here Tacoma, then YOU go take it up with the webmasters.. otherwise until there is another forum then they have no where else to go... I guess youd better get busy Tacoma.... in the meantime, everybody chill!

GO NAVY!!

Forum Member

I dont really care if you have a post in here. What I do care about is threads that bread ill sentiment. This is not what these forums are meant for. Each organization has its challenges - a contract firefighter in Iraq, a volunteer in Buckstahooti, A full time IAFF. Lets try to keep the forum civilized and informative.

Has anybody tried to contact the web moderator and get an area for Iraq? Or does the master of the site have a problem with that since one Iraq thread has already been shut down? Why was that thread shut down - because of petty little arguments....like this that grow!
    Come on guys - be proactive and quite bitching about every little thing - lifes to short.
    Stay safe - wherever you are!
    -I have learned people will forget what you said,
    -People will forget what you did,
    -But people will never forget how you made them feel!

Forum Member

Well this went downhill in a flash....Turnout, just so you know, Sandboxwife isn't herself in "The Sandbox", her husband is. She has been one of the very few supporters of the guys/girls over there, and those of us who are waiting to go over and wanting to find out as much info as possible. She's not the problem on this forum, it's everyone who whines and bitches about what they perceive as ill-treatment from WSI. How would you feel if your spouse was over fighting fires in a combat zone, and someone came on these forums and said what seemed like, "We don't care about what people are doing over there, so stop talking about it." Granted, that's not what Firetacoma said, but some of us perceived it that way. So please, cut Sandboxwife some slack, and let's all concentrate on getting rid of the trolls, k?

Now, back to the point of this thread.....As I think about it more, I actually think that having our own section would be nice. That way, when I want to hear stuff about Iraq, I don't have to sift through all of the other threads that we have here. We'll have to make sure everyone knows about it, but in my opinion it's actually a good idea.

Forum Member

Talking

Amen.

GO NAVY!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Threads

I am so tired of the childishness in these threads.
    The only thread that is not child like is the WIVES thread.
    The lady¡¦s seem to focus on what the thread is about.
    In the FIRST thread is was good for a long time, sharing information not taking shots at each other.
    IRAQ is a hard place WSI has many problems, some of the personnel were hot hired with proper Certs (this is the norm in the contract F/F world, I know this as WSI-Iraq was my 3rd contract.
    ALL startups are complicated and support is irksome to say the least.
    In all depts. You have good officers and you have Straw bosses. In most Vollie depts. You have cry baby Bitc_¡¦s that run to the Chief and pimp out the others. In paid depts. You have the Kiss up who can not be trusted either.
    When 1 brings hundreds of people from all over the Country (USA) to perform a Military Contract 8,000 miles away from home, and Management has not worked out all the bugs, and worry about bizzy work instead of setup, one will find great frustration.
    No one was forced to go to IRAQ but the nature of man is that when give limited information on will usually speculate in the positive to ¡§sell the idea¡¨ to ones self.
    That is what I did and that is what many have done also.
    Let us raise the bar Gentleman GIVE only first hand information limit the redorick and who cares if the member (expressing there ¡§right to self expression¡¨) USES ALL CAPS>
    The use of all caps on the internet is for dramatic, or loudness, and can be used as yelling.
    If the member wants to ¡§warn¡¨ others of perceived pit falls it is there right to do so.
    If others wish to parse the ¡§history making¡¨ accomplishments WSI has made then that is there right.
    You¡¦ll carry on and remember Have a nice day ƒº
    Been there done that and wsi stole my T-Shirt!!

Forum Member

Default Re: Re: Talking to idiots!

If we didn't get paid for our labors,what would be the point of filling out an application?
    If the"market"has decided that fighting fires in hazardous areas pays more than in nice secure American cities,towns and rural areas,so be it.
    If an outfit can pay 90K a year for someone to go where it's hot,sandy with intermittent groundfire,the people who sign up to go have a Right to expect that they'll have good equipment to use.The company that can pay top wages can afford top equipment and damn well better provide it,in my view.

Originally posted by stm4710
    Hmmmm what would make someone leave a nice civil job in the US and go fight fire in war zone??????? $$$$ thats all.

Forum Member

Default I will start again and play nicer....

Like i said before, i watched the original Iraq threads from the beginning. There is some truth to what Sandboxffwife said, I was complaining in my post. Perception is a big thing whether we like it or not. when the world reads these posts, whining and complaining 24-7, they paint a picture of these people, not just WSI, but the poster as well. These posters are contract firefighters just as i am. What do you think Fire Chiefs think when they see as employment history on a resume as "Firefighter, WSI Iraq"? I know what i think, I deal with it everyday. I screen resumes and i know what the Chief thinks. Everyone knows about this site. Our chief reads it regularly. These guys posting think they are only hurting WSI, but they are hurting every Firefighter that has to list WSI Iraq as employment history. They are painting a negative "perception" of contract firefigters in Iraq, not just WSI. If i have offended everyone, i apologize. I'm just saying "think" before you post. WSI is not being harmed by this. WSI can dissolve and become any other name after this contract. Can every contract firefighter there do the same? I am on the inside in a position that gets to see the effects of this. Listen or not, WSI does not have to worry about employment history later.

MembersZone Subscriber

I have contacted the webteam about a seperate Iraq forum.

Anxiously awaiting their reply.

Forum Member

I also contacted them Tacoma - hopefully it will be a positive answer and good for all!
    -I have learned people will forget what you said,
    -People will forget what you did,
    -But people will never forget how you made them feel!

MembersZone Subscriber

Turnout, if you and your "chief" are making employment decisions based on a internet message board I fear for the future of whatever city it is that would put you in a position to hire, fire, or clean restrooms for that matter.

With that being said I think the firefighters whining about WSI is a reflection of today’s job market. Nothing seems good enough for employees now. You have recent college grads that enter the workforce that think they should be getting paid the same as a 20 year person who has put in their time. They want more pay, more benefits, and fewer hours. Sorry to say but YOU CHOSE TO CHASE THE MONEY. Sorry if they are not being nice to you, but their are numerous departments stateside that have issues I care allot more about then yours. If you don't like the fact that you chose to go to an unstable country that is in the middle of a war for 90k a year then quit but please stop telling us how you were deceived. Maybe the money had you so blinded that you were not paying attention to all the details in your employment agreement.

As for people saying they are doing it for the future of their wives or kids. Let me tell you something. There is no amount of money in the world that could compensate me for losing a year of my son's or my wives life. Seeing one of my sons hit a homerun in t-ball. Or lose a first tooth. Or ride his bike for the first time without training wheels is worth way more to me then 90k a year. If you need money that bad. Get a second job near home while your kids are at school. Don't by the new car you don't really need. Whatever it takes to be involved with your kids.

The people I admire and pray for are those that signed up to protect our country for minimal pay and got sent to that hellhole and are doing things most of us would to scared to do.

/rant off

MembersZone Subscriber

Rigin....I couldnt agree with you more about missing time with your family...and yes I commend you on your desire to be with them...I have two kids myself and I made the very difficult decision to come over here so that 20 yrs from now I won't have to. I would much rather be with my kids and loved ones working 24-48's but in order for me to do that and provide for my family I need to be here. I commend every soldier over here for serving there country in the way they do. I did my time in the service and was fortunate enough to have been given a job that kept me out of war torn countries. I went in open contract and was given airport firefighter as a job. thats why I am a FF today...absolutely the best decision of my life. When I accomplish my goals of why I came over here I will be the first one in line to get the hell out of here. I dont mind it here but yes I like it with my family alot more.... As for the reflection of the workforce...uh-huh....definitely getting worse...maybe I misunderstood your last comment but it sounded to me that you could care less about us (FF's) or any other contractor over here...we are all doing a part for our country...Only my opinion but I think that people that are enjoying there time with there families in the states should take the time out and pray for the safe return of every american over here, and that this war comes to a peaceful conclusion...

I am not disagreeing with you but if I was correct about your last comment I'm sorry you feel that way and I hope you reconsider your feelings about anybody but soldiers

Stay Safe!

MembersZone Subscriber

Don't get me wrong I want all that are over there to come home safe but trying to say they are doing it for their country is wrong. They are doing it for the money. If you want to do it for your country join the military and be a firefighter. Think conditions suck now? Wait till your operating some of that fine military equipment they have. The people who chose to leave their families in chase of the almighty dollar made their bed and now have to lay in it. I don’t want to hear someone who made the choice to make 90k a year with hardly any other expenses crying about how tough it is when our military men and women suck it up and dodge bullets for a lot less. So make your money and quit with the whining no one forced you to be there. If you don't like it leave. I am sure their are more money hungry lackeys more then willing to take your spot.

Good Luck

Originally posted by Rigin1
    They are doing it for the money.

The people who chose to leave their families in chase of the almighty dollar made their bed and now have to lay in it.

I am sure their are more money hungry lackeys more then willing to take your spot.

Good Luck
    So all of us who are over there or waiting to go over there are "money hungry lackeys". You don't know who or what we are and the fact that you would make such a brash statement shows that you put very little thought into it. That would be about the same amount of thought put into some of the posts you are complaining about. I have emailed and spoken to several fine men who are working for WSI right now. I would like to see you say some of the crap you wrote to their faces. There are dozens of reasons to go over there, not just the money. In fact some of the guys over there would tell you that the reason they went is so they can make a better life for their children. (I for one am bound and determined to put my daughter through college , but that is just one reason.) Maybe you can't see where others are coming from. Maybe you could if you got off of that high horse you rode in on. You are not better that anyone else just because you wouldn't trade $90,000 to see your kid hit a home run. This country was built by people leaving home (and sometimes their families) for work. How about the pioneers that settled in the West. Were they "money hungry lackeys" as well? Or were they looking to make a future for families? How you can sit there and make blanket judgmental statements about people you have never even met is completely in the wrong.
    I for one am anxiously awaiting my departure date, and I think I can speak for others when I say I am glad you are not. After 2 months you would be just as bad as some of the worst complainers on this board.

MembersZone Subscriber

Rigin1....I really dont know what to say about your naive generalization of all contract firefighters in Iraq...I consider it an insult to say the least...How did you come to these conclusions?...Do you know for sure why exactly every contract firefighter is over here?....Are we all "money hungry lackeys?"

If you want to do it for your country join the military and be a firefighter.

...I AM SERVING MY COUNTRY..and getting paid alot to do so.

I don’t want to hear someone who made the choice to make 90k a year with hardly any other expenses crying about how tough it is when our military men and women suck it up and dodge bullets for a lot less.

..I don't either...but I support my family so I have plenty of expenses

So make your money and quit with the whining no one forced you to be there.

....I wont take this personally but some others should DEFINITELY. I personally like my job!!

I am sure their are more money hungry lackeys more then willing to take your spot

...This I take personally...I dont work for WSI..I work for KBR...I know some people that are far from being qualifed to hold positions over here(and in the states)...and yes I know people that work for WSI that I used to work with in the states that are "Lackey's"...I wonder what some of the highly qualified individuals over here would think about your general impression of all contract workers....Do you work with nothing but highly qualified individuals at your dept?...me neither...I am trying to be polite about this because people on here that lower themselves to childlike behavior is a disgrace to the fire service that I respect...so I will say as respectfully as possible that your opinion of contract firefighters as a hole is incorrect and demeaning...And if you ever have to chance to meet one of them then maybe you should form your opinion because you probably have never met one..or possibly have but have never met any of the fine individuals I work with...

Stay Safe!

MembersZone Subscriber

My opinions are towards the people complaining on this board that are over there. I am not naive enough to think that a good majority of people won't chase money but don't whine when you get there. If you can't figure out a way to make money to give a good life to your family or put your kids through college without putting yourself right in the middle of the most unstable region in the world then more power to you....enjoy. Don't look to others to have sympathy for your conditions.

As far as people moving out west to make better lives for themselves and their families...the majority took their families with them, and they didn't drop themselves into the middle of a war to do it.

Forum Member

Ok well rjin or whatever, I am here, and I some what agree with you.

Hello you morons.......the only reason ANY OF US considered it was because of the money. If you deny that, then you are dumber than you look. Weulz or whomever, come on dude. It is great you want to put your daughter through college, but be reall dude. Don't be a fake. At least own up to the fact that if it were not for the money then why would you have bothered. This other guy.......MJrayn.......you are serving your country right NOW!!!!! That has got to be the funniest thing I have ever heard in my life. KBR serving their country...........thats like saying Saddam was never a dictator!!! You are an idiot and really deserve no comment, but here ya go. You opened it, you are gonna get it. KBR does nothing unless it involves putting money in their pocket. You along with all of the other toothless rednecks, uneducated, worthless scum are about as dumb as a box of rocks. The only thing KBR is good for is saying "are we getting paid to do this for the troops" If I had a penny for everytime I heard that along with the WSI saying "you are making enough money.....", I could have gone home after the first month debt free and bought my own island somehwere. Got to be kidding me, KBR, you, serving you country, comparing that to what the REAL troops do everyday!!!! You should be drug out in the street and shot. NONE OF US over here do a 1/3 of what our troops do or put up with. So anyone who says or believes that can goto H---!!!! None of us CIVILIANS are here to serve our country or here so our kids do not have to be here 20 yrs from now, that is BS, and all of you know it. If it were a soldier saying that, I would buy it, I would even buy it if an Iraqi civilian said it to me about our troops, but myself, WSI, KBR, or anyone that works for them says it they are idiots. I came here for one reason......Money and IF there was sommehting I could do for the troops I would do what I can just to try and help, not expect am I getting paid to do it. Most of the time all they want is someone to talk to or hang out with.
    See this is what happens when you give someone that is a complete idiot a computer and show them a thing or two, they think they can do anything with it and they screw that up as well. Besides, MJrayn or whomever, if you work for KBR why are you posting on a FD website, run out of donuts to eat and money to charge someone for a piece of paper or something?

Pickheadaxe

MembersZone Subscriber

pickheadaxe....its a shame you feel that way...but than maybe your the type of person that I referred to in my earlier post...

B]and yes I know people that work for WSI that I used to work with in the states that are "Lackey's"[/B]

your attitude is exactly the impression I have gotten from the majority of WSI employess...no wonder most people that work for WSI over here talk so much trash about there fellow employees....

But than again I don't know you so I won't begin to judge you...As far as you insulting me or KBR or WSI for that matter...your opinion is exactly that, your opinion......I won't act like a child and bash someone because of there opinion...everyones entitled..

Got to be kidding me, KBR, you, serving you country, comparing that to what the REAL troops do everyday!!!! You should be drug out in the street and shot. NONE OF US over here do a 1/3 of what our troops do or put up with. So anyone who says or believes that can goto H---!!!! None of us CIVILIANS are here to serve our country or here so our kids do not have to be here 20 yrs from now, that is BS, and all of you know it.

You must of misread what I wrote I didnt compare what I do to what the troops do...It's nice to know that all of us contractors over here have such an intelligent and tactful spokesman for us...yea i'm talking about you!!!

..it's also nice to know that you are so intelligent that you seem to know so much about how much of an Idiot I am because your right all I do is eat donuts and sell paper....WOW!!!

Thread Information