Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Seriously enough Iraq threads

Could there be a dedicated Iraq firefighting forum or maybe a Contract Firefighter forum? I have NO interest in ANYTHING having to do with firefighting in Iraq and hate having to wade through it to find valuable information about firefighting as opposed to people whining or asking if it's worth it!

Flame me or whatever but it's seriously getting rediculous.

MembersZone Subscriber

Come on Tacoma,

Lets play nice. All those threads are marked Iraq. They happen to be grouped up because we have an active wife helping the cause. The least we can do is support them.

Think it over brother. It doesn't take but a few seconds to identify and pass on those threads. If you've got a problem with it why don't you send a private message to the moderators out of respect for those individuals posting constructively on those threads.

Sandboxwife is providing a hell of a service and a lot of support to other wives and the guys over there helping. Lets give her the respect she deserves.

MembersZone Subscriber

Tacoma,

I spent time up there in the 9th Inf at Lewis. Very pretty country you have up there. Memorable time in my life.

Forum Member

Well, most of us have tried to have one dedicated Iraq thread, but some people are intent on doing the exact opposite....

MembersZone Subscriber

Don't sweat it Berks. Keep up the good work!

Nail

Stick around Tacoma, wait until some Bunny starts threads on

What do you have in your bunker pockets?
    Should I get flashing lights for my POV?
    What are the best flashing lights for my POV?

And my all time favourite.

Should Explorers, Juniors, Girl Scouts, Bridge Clubs etc be able to do interior fire work at incidents?

Don't beef about this one, pick a really good subject.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Forum Member

Angry grrrr...

All you have to do is not click on the ones that have "Iraq" in them and your problem is solved... they are there for a reason, just let it be.

GO NAVY!!

tacoma, keep in mind that recently a whole bunch of those Iraq threads were created by a certain individual (for anyone that reads Scott Adam's books you know the type of individual) that has nothing better to do then to create pointless threads ranting and raving about how he had such a bad time in Iraq. (fair enough, but the caps lock can be turned off, i even showed him how)
    "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

MembersZone Subscriber StLRes2cue's Avatar

Originally posted by FlyingKiwi

Should ..... Bridge Clubs etc be able to do interior fire work at incidents?

ROTFLMAO

Talking

Originally posted by FlyingKiwi and StLRes2cue

Should ..... Bridge Clubs etc be able to do interior fire work at incidents?

ROTFLMAO
    Second that!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah, I respect our brothers over seas but really can't they get their own forum? Explorers have their own, each state has their own, why not Iraq?

And kiwi, I've been lurking and sorta posting for a few years now so I know all about the typical reposts. And yes, bridge clubs should be able to go interior!

Forum Member

Angry **** Off!

You know, I really shouldn't waste my time even posting, however, when you're passionate about something it's kind of hard not to!

First of all, I can't really disagree about the many FFing in Iraq threads ... though I think a few were created by mistake (clicking on new thread instead of new post). I can't agree more though on why you even concern yourself with it? If you don't want to read it, DON'T! And yet, you create a new thread that not only has "Iraq" in the title but just asks for someone to take offense to it!

And second, we do deserve respect! We are not posting about Iraq to brag by any means. I would certainly rather have my husband home with his three children who miss him terribly. And as if, it isn't dangerous enough doing his job ... now he's in Iraq. So, we find things to keep ourselves busy ... and show our support?! And you knock it? I feel very sorry for you ... and your fellow "brothers" that you don't understand "support" ... cause then, will you really be there for them? Not to mention, you will most certainly die a very lonely man!

Third, we (the ladies, girlfriends, wives, sisters) are NOT trying to "take over" ANYTHING to do with firefighting or your "glory" (which seems to be your egotistical way of thinking). Again, we're trying to be supportive!

So, **** on you for someone trying to be supportive, informative, and just doing what THEY want to do (because YOU'RE TIRED OF IT)?!

Other than that ... have a most wonderful day ... be safe ... and GET HAPPY!
    ~ Kirsten

MembersZone Subscriber

So you agree with me but I should **** off. Ok.

Wouldn't you rather have your own forum? Where every post had to do with iraq firefighting? That's all I'm suggesting. That and for every other thread not to be from someone who doesn't know how to reply to an existing thread or someone bitching about how they got their feelings hurt over there.

Forum Member

Default Firetacoma1

If I agreed with you, it was that there ARE quite a few threads having to do with Iraq ... with SOME mistakes made ... and with some intentions to change "attitudes" ... SO WHAT IF THEY START ANOTHER THREAD? DON'T READ IT! It WASN'T that I agreed there were SOOO many and that they should go somewhere else! That's why I felt you should "**** off" and it was also in reference to the "women" getting involved!

Firehouse.com "promoted" WSI ... which is how my husband heard about the opportunity ... but "Iraq" is not the only topic we come on to the forums to look up, take part in, and learn about. So, we don't need our "own" forum!

And if someone wants to **** and moan about "their raw deal" or rant and rave about "their issues" its just that ... THEIRS! Their opinion, their issue, their idea ... you don't have to own it?! Just like yourself, you chose to **** and moan about the threads ... you are completely entitled to your say ... you felt it necessary to do so?? We've heard you out ... and I posted MY opinion! Don't turn it into something it's NOT! This is an "OUTLET" for a lot of people ... I'd rather everyone have an outlet than go postal!

Be safe,
    ~ Kirsten

I got a real hard time reading these contract firefighters in Iraq bitching in posts and feeling sorry for them.

We have fire departments here that dont have enough gear or good appartaus!!!! I cant feel sorry for those that willingly signed up to go to a war zone and expect to be farting in silk while they lined there wallets.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

MembersZone Subscriber

I never said anything even related to "these women getting involved" so don't tell me to **** off for that.

I don't mean leave firehouse.com.

I mean a SEPERATE place like the explorers have to talk JUST about Iraq issues.

Forum Member

Default Shaking my head...

This is my first post. I have been reading the Iraq forum since day one. I am a DOD Contractor in the Middle east myself (not iraq). I have worked for many years as a DOD Civilain Firefighter/Officer. I have watched the treads go from informational, to bad to I don't know what. Its a shame that the iraq posters don't realize what its doing to their reputations among the others in the fire service. I have no need to wonder why, its already been said that they hire anyone, no proper screening process. Its obvious that whats landing over there and being called a "Combat Firefighter", is not as a majority, a reflextion of the rest of the federal fire service, even contractors. The angry remarks, (such as the "****" remark by sandboxffwife) only reflects their frustration for recognition as mainstream firefighters, that from the looks of the posts will never come. I have definately seen some professional posters, and i feel for them and hope they don't melt into the soup they are presently swimming in, make your money and get home. WSI made the system, everyone over their chose to work in it, adapt or step off. I expect flames, I don't expect agreement. Once again, i agree with the original poster, enough, its tough being a professional and not trying to intervene or problem solve, I understand the original posters motives. Its also backed up by:

stm4710 I got a real hard time reading these contract firefighters in Iraq bitching in posts and feeling sorry for them.

Forum Member

Thumbs up Talking to idiots!

I shouldn't even comment ... if that's what you get from what I posted then so be it! "Firefighting isn't rocket science now is it?"

FYI: My husband took a leave from a "mainstream" career as a firefighter for the City of Norfolk, VA (OF NINE YEARS). I certainly don't want ANY recognition of him as a "Combat Firefighter" because that ISN'T an accurate description ... he provides fire service TO/FOR the military so they can do the "combat firefighting" But who said anything about that, other than you? Once again, turning it into something it's not! And what would you know of the "screening process" anyway ... other than being a smart-*** based on you're own ****ing and moaning?!

Who asked you to feel sorry for them? It's venting. Well, I can't speak for all of 'em. Like you said yourself (stem4710) "We have fire departments here that dont have enough gear or good appartaus!!!!" You're venting! And there are PLENTY of firefighters in Iraq who AREN'T complaining ... who ARE trying to work ... who ARE trying to help ... so don't "categorize" ALL the firefighters!

Thanks for letting me share my opinion ... good luck in all that you do ... be safe and take care,
    ~ Kirsten

Forum Member

Sandboxffwife,

You are a pistol,,, you go girl... I would like to Thank you for all of your support... I am one of the FF's in Iraq and really like to read your post..

and for the guy who doesn't want to open a post with Iraq in it then don't when I look for a post I read the heading before I open it..

Thanks again Kristen

Bruce

Default Re: Talking to idiots!

Originally posted by sandboxffwife
    FYI: My husband took a leave from a "mainstream" career as a firefighter for the City of Norfolk, VA (OF NINE YEARS)
    ~ Kirsten
    Hmmmm what would make someone leave a nice civil job in the US and go fight fire in war zone??????? $$$$ thats all.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Thread Information