MembersZone Subscriber

Default Boston Firehouse TV Show

Ok, I searched around both forums and did not see anything posted. I thought the Boston Firehouse show on the Discovering channel was supposed to begin Tuesday, July 26 at 9 PM. Needless to say we were disapointed when it was not on. The only thing I could find out about it was that it was coming out in the fall sometime.

Forum Member

http://cms.firehouse.com/forums2/sho...threadid=70708

There ya go bud. I saw the first one, its what you'd expect for a documentary. Its no rescue me, but good none the less. Also, its from boston:

"You always gotta look undah the cah. One time there was a guy undah the cah and nobody even realized he was undah the cah."

Forum Member

Its no rescue me
    Thank God for that.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Come on now -- Rescue me is an AWESOME show.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by adamkhalil
    Come on now -- Rescue me is an AWESOME show.
    I agree that it's an entertaining show, but I really think that they're going a bit too far in showing so many of the firefighters in a bad light. I'm sure, like any workplace environment, there's a certain amount of dysfunction, but it's gotten to the point where most of the house is being protrayed in a very unflattering way. Tommy has become downright mean and abusive; I don't even like his character anymore (maybe I'm not supposed to like him).

Forum Member

I'll be honest and say that I enjoy watching Rescue Me because it is pretty funny and entertaining. However it is certainly giving the job a bad rep. The other day I was at the DMV filling out paperwork and the women noticed that I was a FF. Then she started talking about Rescue Me and she actually asked me if it was like that in the firehouse. That is scary that someone would think that, needless to say I had to explain that it was absolutley nothing like that. Its Hollywood lady, not real life! And yes the show is getting a bit ridiculous.

Forum Member

This thread

http://cms.firehouse.com/forums2/sho...a&pagenumber=9

says that it was postponed until Sept 20th.

According to the Discovery Channel website at the bottom of the link below says that it will air this fall.
    http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/fi...ehouseusa.html

Forum Member

I agree that "Rescue Me"is getting a bit far fetched.
    It needs something changed.Not just sure what it should be yet.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by nlfr437
    This thread

http://cms.firehouse.com/forums2/sho...a&pagenumber=9

says that it was postponed until Sept 20th.

According to the Discovery Channel website at the bottom of the link below says that it will air this fall.
    http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/fi...ehouseusa.html
    Ok thanks guys. I kept up on that thread but I must have missed the last post.

Forum Member

Originally posted by erics99

Ok thanks guys. I kept up on that thread but I must have missed the last post.
    Don't know about the rest of you, but I was disappointed to see it not air. I guess good things still come to those who wait.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by kentbwj

I agree that it's an entertaining show, but I really think that they're going a bit too far in showing so many of the firefighters in a bad light. I'm sure, like any workplace environment, there's a certain amount of dysfunction, but it's gotten to the point where most of the house is being protrayed in a very unflattering way. Tommy has become downright mean and abusive; I don't even like his character anymore (maybe I'm not supposed to like him).
    Jesus in a Lamborghini? That's downright hilarious not too far I mean the WWJD - What Would Jesus Drive bumber sticker a couple weeks back was friggin hilarious.

However I to think the show goes off the deepend sometimes. There is too much drama and **** happening for 6 guys I think. And I am about tired of Tommys G/F.
    EMT-B
    Garfield Twp. Fire Department
    http://www.garfieldfire.com

Forum Member

Originally posted by firefiftyfive
    I'll be honest and say that I enjoy watching Rescue Me because it is pretty funny and entertaining. However it is certainly giving the job a bad rep. The other day I was at the DMV filling out paperwork and the women noticed that I was a FF. Then she started talking about Rescue Me and she actually asked me if it was like that in the firehouse. That is scary that someone would think that, needless to say I had to explain that it was absolutley nothing like that. Its Hollywood lady, not real life! And yes the show is getting a bit ridiculous.

Television and movies have given the general public the idea that Firefighters are like they seen on the tube or silver screen.

We know that it is Hollywood, but they see it as the real thing.

We must strive to act and be professional and like we are portrayed in the movies.

When someone comes in the fire house or up to us on the street and asks questions of us they have seen in the movies, we try to let them down easy that we are not like what you see at the theater or the TV.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Well that's good to hear Cap.

Forum Member

They're getting better though.

Tommy's not drinking, and he jsut got his kids and kicked sheila to the curb.

The cheif is the best character though, imo...

Thread Information