MembersZone Subscriber

I am a little undecided on this issue, even after reading all of the posts. I can see giving someone a chance, but I think that to just say "felons" isn't right either. I think I have to agree with those that said a lot depends on what they did, whether or not they've been "rehabilitated".

Our department has an agreement with the Sheriff's office in which jail trustees do work at our stations. It was a little wierd at first, but most of the guys that have been involved in this program seemed pretty contrite about what they had done, were mostly quiet, and worked thier butts off. Mostly it seemed they just wanted to be given a chance to prove that they were still worth while human beings.
    Last edited by Emberxx; 08-02-2005 at 01:05 PM.

Forum Member

Question What............

Yes I am rank 206th on the list StationCapt. But City of Bridgeport Civil Service Commissions changes every body scores. I went from top 15 on raw oral scores with 65 but when Civil Service Commissions add the City residents points I went down to rank of 206th.I am City resident there is no reason in hell I should drop that far. Residents’ points help the residents not hurt them. 75 to 100 Minority Candidates went from 25 to 30 on there raw oral scores to rank of 1 to 100 the hiring list with scores of 100, 90, 80.
    Huh?
    Jacktee

IACOJ

"Insert quotation here."

These are the true raw oral score list plus rank on the Hiring list for City of Bridgeport with final City resident points add please see below

Minority Candidate – 1# on raw oral list with a score of 73. Final Rank on hiring list 95# with a score of 81 – City Resident points.

Minority Candidate 2# on raw oral list with a score of 69. Final Rank on hiring list 1# with a score of 101.20 – City Resident points.

White Male Candidate 3# on raw oral with a score of 68. Final Rank on hiring list 247# with a score of 76 – No City Resident points.

White Male Candidate 4# on raw oral with a score of 67 Final Rank on hiring list 110# with a score of 80 – No City Resident points.

Minority Candidate – 5# on raw oral list with a score of 65. Final Rank on hiring list 11# with a score of 89 – City Resident points

White Male Candidate 5# on raw oral with a score of 65 Final Rank on hiring list 207# with a score of 76 – City Resident points

White Male Candidate 6# on raw oral with a score of 62 Final Rank on hiring list 192# with a score of 77 – No City Resident points

Minority Candidate Female – 7# on raw oral list with a score of 61. Final Rank on hiring list 2# with a score of 100.10 – City Resident points

Minority Candidate – 8# on raw oral list with a score of 60. Final Rank on hiring list 78# with a score of 82.50 – City Resident points

Minority Candidate – 8# on raw oral list with a score of 60. Final Rank on hiring list 43# with a score of 84.70 – City Resident points

Minority Candidate Female – 8# on raw oral list with a score of 60. Final Rank on hiring list 16# with a score of 86.90 – City Resident points

White Male Candidate 9# on raw oral with a score of 58 Final Rank on hiring list 292# with a score of 75 – No City Resident points

Minority Candidate Felon Earl King JR. – 10# on raw oral list with a score of 57. Final Rank on hiring list 16# with a score of 86.90 – City Resident points

Minority Candidate Female – 10# on raw oral list with a score of 57. Final Rank on hiring list 144# with a score of 78.10 – City Resident points

Minority Candidate – 10# on raw oral list with a score of 57. Final Rank on hiring list 16# with a score of 86.90 – City Resident points

Minority Candidate Female – 11# on raw oral list with a score of 56. Final Rank on hiring list 4# with a score of 94.60 – City Resident points

Minority Candidate Female – 11# on raw oral list with a score of 56. Final Rank on hiring list 3# with a score of 95.70 – City Resident points

Minority Candidate – 11# on raw oral list with a score of 56. Final Rank on hiring list 11# with a score of 89.00 – No City Resident points

White Male Candidate 12# on raw oral with a score of 55 Final Rank on hiring list 292# with a score of 75 – No City Resident points

White Male Candidate 13# on raw oral with a score of 54 Final Rank on hiring list 136# with a score of 79 – No City Resident points

White Male Candidate 13# on raw oral with a score of 54 Final Rank on hiring list 110# with a score of 80.00 – No City Resident points

White Male Candidate 13# on raw oral with a score of 54 Final Rank on hiring list 43# with a score of 60 – No City Resident points

White Male Candidate 13# on raw oral with a score of 54 Final Rank on hiring list 83# with a score of 75 – No City Resident points

Minority Candidate – 13# on raw oral list with a score of 54. Final Rank on hiring list 91# with a score of 81.40 – City Resident points

Minority Candidate – 13# on raw oral list with a score of 54. Final Rank on hiring list 16# with a score of – 90.80 City Resident points

Minority Candidate – 13# on raw oral list with a score of 54. Final Rank on hiring list 595# with a score of 58.00 – No City Resident points

The big list Jumpers

Minority Candidate – 585# on raw oral list with a score of 23. Final Rank on hiring list 78# with a score of – 82.50 City Resident points

Minority Candidate – 580# on raw oral list with a score of 24. Final Rank on hiring list 115# with a score of – 79.20 City Resident points

Minority Candidate – 579# on raw oral list with a score of 24. Final Rank on hiring list 43# with a score of – 84.70 City Resident points

Minority Candidate Felon Jose Torres – 578# on raw oral list with a score of 25. Final Rank on hiring list 30# with a score of – 85.40 City Resident points

Minority Candidate – 578# on raw oral list with a score of 25. Final Rank on hiring list 13# with a score of – 88.10 City Resident points

Minority Candidate – 577# on raw oral list with a score of 26. Final Rank on hiring list 144# with a score of – 78.10 City Resident points

Minority Candidate – 577# on raw oral list with a score of 26. Final Rank on hiring list 14# with a score of – 88.00 City Resident points

Minority Candidate – 575# on raw oral list with a score of 27. Final Rank on hiring list 144# with a score of – 78.10 City Resident points

White Male Candidate 575# on raw oral with a score of 27 Final Rank on hiring list 95# with a score of 81.00 – No City Resident points

Minority Candidate – 575# on raw oral list with a score of 27. Final Rank on hiring list 60# with a score of – 84 No City Resident points

The two other Felon Candidates

White Male Candidate Felon James Bulerin Jr 554# on raw oral with a score of 28 Final Rank on hiring list 64# with a score of 83.60 – No City Resident points

Minority Candidate Felon Edward Valderrama – 30# on raw oral list with a score of 52. Final Rank on hiring list 91# with a score of – 81.40 City Resident points

White Male Candidate that gotF%$##@@@ by City of Bridgeport

White Male Candidate 40# on raw oral with a score of 40 Final Rank on hiring list 192# with a score of 77.00 – City Resident points

Two Brothers

1BROTHER White Male Candidate 400# on raw oral with a score of 36 Final Rank on hiring list 486# with a score of 69.00 – No City Resident points

2 BROTHER White Male Candidate 420# on raw oral with a score of 34 Final Rank on hiring list 486# with a score of 69.00 – No City Resident points

Something odd about the grading of this oral Exam for Firefighter City of Bridgeport

White Male Candidate 320# on raw oral with a score of 38 Final Rank on hiring list 192# with a score of 77.00 – No City Resident points

White Male Candidate 490# on raw oral with a score of 33 Final Rank on hiring list 192# with a score of 77.00 – No City Resident points

White Male Candidate 490# on raw oral with a score of 33 Final Rank on hiring list 192# with a score of 77.00 – No City Resident points

White Male Candidate 490# on raw oral with a score of 33 Final Rank on hiring list 384# with a score of 72.00 – No City Resident points

White Male Candidate 30# on raw oral with a score of 47 Final Rank on hiring list 601# with a score of 22.00 – No City Resident points last person on hiring list.

Forum Member

Yeah - from what I gather it is a urine poor thing - no doubt. Was there a written portion and if so were there any essay questions? Because if there were....
    Jacktee

IACOJ

"Insert quotation here."

JackTee09
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Yeah - from what I gather it is a urine poor thing - no doubt. Was there a written portion and if so were there any essay questions? Because if there were....

SUBJECT OF EXAMINATION FOR CITY OF BRIDGEPORT CIVIL SERVICE EXAM FOR FIREFIGHTER OPEN COMPETITIVE #2185

Written examination, qualifying, oral examination 100%. Passing candidates on written examination will participate in the physical agility examination those candidates who pass the physical agility examination will participate in the oral examination .Scores from only the oral component will be used to rank order applicants for selection.

Candidates standing highest upon conclusion of the oral examination will be notified to appear at later date for qualifying medical examination.

Candidates must pass the background investigation conducted by Bridgeport Police Department. Candidates can be disapproved for unsatisfactory driving record.

No candidate will be considered for appointment who has been convicted of a felony, or is of bad moral character.

The physical agility was never finished.

The passing point for the written was 107. many Minority Candidates failed or even took the written test but are still on the hiring list.

There is lot of Minority Candidates on the hiring list never took or has failed the physical agility part of the exam.

Both the written and oral exam was graded by Dr James Outtz Minority independent examiner in Washington, D.C.

Donald Day, a retired city fire captain and director of the Northeast Region of the International Association of Black Professional Fire Fighters, and Ron Mackey, president of the Firebirds Society, an organization of black city firefighters both work for Dr James Outtz Minority independent examiner in Washington, D.C. who grade the City of Bridgeport written and oral exam..
    Last edited by petjack77; 08-03-2005 at 08:42 AM.

Forum Member

Are you the same guy that's suing the City of Norwalk for not getting hired their? You have the same writting style and I don't think its coincidence.

Forum Member

PetJack:

That was not actually a question - it was meant to be a joke but I failed in delivering it. I am familiar with civil service tests.

You said:

But City of Bridgeport Civil Service Commissions changes every body scores. I went from top 15 on raw oral scores with 65 but when Civil Service Commissions add the City residents points I went down to rank of 206th.I am City resident there is no reason in hell I should drop that far.

One question and I mean no offense: Is English your first language?
    Last edited by JackTee09; 08-02-2005 at 07:15 PM.
    Jacktee

IACOJ

"Insert quotation here."

Forum Member

In addition could you answer CTJAKES question?
    Jacktee

IACOJ

"Insert quotation here."

CTJAKE
    Are you the same guy that's suing the City of Norwalk for not getting hired their? You have the same writting style and I don't think its coincidence.

No I am not suing the City of Norwalk. But I have seen a lot of stories in the Norwalk hour newspaper because I work in City of Norwalk.A lots of my friends are on the job there. Hey CTJAKE are you one of the firefighters that going lose you job? Cheaters always get caught. Is the rumor going round true about the Federal Judge sitting on the norwalk case refuses to throw out the lawsuit? If you are one of Firefighters getting sued I would be worried when the City of Norwalk Attorneys and your own attorneys can’t get a lawsuit prepared by guys who never went to law school throw out. What a joke these guys are there own lawyers can’t read or write and City of Norwalk attorneys are getting trashed by them in Federal court. I hope they lose there jobs there are bunch of lies and cheaters the guys that got hired off that class in the year 1997 .So CTJAKE why is the City of Norwalk lawsuits still pending in Federal court? The City of Bridgeport better pray that these guys who are suing City of Norwalk are not on there list. These guys are like leech they will suck the blood right out of you. Just ask the City of Norwalk. As for you CTJAKE please stop hiding behind your computer why don’t you post your real name so I knew who I am talking too?

R.C Brown
    Last edited by petjack77; 08-03-2005 at 10:47 AM.

Forum Member

No I am not suing the City of Norwalk. But I have seen a lot of stories in Norwalk hour newspaper because I live and work in Norwalk area and lots of my friends are on the job there. Hey CTJAKE are you one of the firefighters that going lose you job? Cheaters always get caught. Is the rumor going round true the Federal Judge sitting on cases refuses to throw out the lawsuit? If you are one of Firefighters getting sued I would be worried when the City of Norwalk Attorneys and your own attorneys can’t get a lawsuit prepared by guys who never went to law school. What a joke these guys are there own lawyers can’t read or write and City of Norwalk attorneys are getting trashed by them in Federal court. I hope they lose there jobs there are bunch of lies and cheaters the guys that got hired of that class in 1997 .So CTJAKE why is the City of Norwalk lawsuit still pending in Federal court? The City of Bridgeport better pray that guys who are suing City of Norwalk are not on there list. These guys are like leech they will suck blood right out of you.
    Can anyone translate?

From what I gather there is a problem in Norwalk. Is there their? Plural, singular.....agghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Jacktee

IACOJ

"Insert quotation here."

Forum Member

This is the same clown that has appeared here before under different names. That is why he has only a handful of entries. He tried suing the City of Norwalk becuase he wasn't hired (you have to be able to communicate clearly amongst other things). The case has been thrown out, so now he has FIRED his lawer, taken the case on his own (would love to listen to him talk to the judge) and has decided to sue everyone in the state (I'm not kidding. He is suing over 50 people including the governor [past and present], the attorney general, chiefs of multiple towns, congressman, senators, and anyone else he can think of.). I will try to get the exact list. If you read the forum below, from April 7th, titled Cheating Scandal Rocks Conn. Fire Academy (he's also suing everyone who works there) you will see that it is the same person and that they do have the same writing style and comprehention of the English Lang. It was posted by Laserjet 5, another name with only a handfull of enteries. Nice try, but the fact that you can't write gave you away. You don't work in Norwalk, and the Hour Newspaper doesn't follow this story anymore because its over. You did not have a case, they threw it out. You lost. YOU'VE BEEN CAUGHT. Read the attached forum below to see the similarities. Giving a phone number to call and complain. I'm sure that all the terrorists are caught and the FBI has nothing better to do than do the hiring for Bridgeport. Try again under a different name, this time have someone proof read it. You are one in the same. Your and Idiot.
    For someone who's "NOT" involved in suing the City of Norwalk or the State of CT, you sure had alot to say??????????????????

Cheating scandal rocks Connecticut State Fire Academy, Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control, City of Norwalk Fire Department, Stamford Volunteer Company Belltown.

. Connecticut Fire Academy and Local Stamford CT Volunteers Company’s have been training 17 years old candidates and letting them receive there Firefighter I certification for last seven years. This is very big violation of State of Connecticut State regulation and Connecticut Labor Occupation codes.

.State of Connecticut statue clearly states you must be 18 years old years before you can take both Practical and Written exam for Firefighter I in the State OF Connecticut.

. City of Norwalk Fire Department and Connecticut Fire Academy have been letting local citizens receiving State of Connecticut Firefighter I certification though a fake Fire Company named Hope Hose Company. City of Norwalk Fire Department is an all Paid Fire Department and Hope Hose Company was never part of Volunteer Companys that shut down about 50 years ago.

. State of Connecticut statue clearly states you must be part of Active Fire Company in State of Connecticut to receive your State of Connecticut Firefighter I certification. Hope Hose Company is sure not an active Fire Company in City of Norwalk or Connecticut it’s a fake company.

.A complaint was file with State of Connecticut Fire Administrator Jeffrey Morrissette and Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control. But Fire Administrator Jeffrey Morrissette and State of Connecticut Fire Commissioners will not investigation this matter because one of 17 years old that received his Firefighter I certification his father happens to be Deputy Chief of the City of Stamford Fire Department and happens to be very close friends with Fire Administrator Jeffrey Morrissette and State of Connecticut Fire Commissioners. All of the people that received there training legally all work for City of Norwalk Fire Department and the President of Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control is also President of State of Connecticut IAFF.

If Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control revoke the cheaters Firefighter I certification they will lose there jobs with City of Norwalk. And this will make President of Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control and President of State of Connecticut IAFF look real bad.

.All Firefighting certifications and Rules should be followed and there should be no special treatment given to people who known people in high place. There should be an even playing field when receiving State of Connecticut certification.

. State of Connecticut Fire Administrator Jeffrey Morrissette and Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control have made State of Connecticut Fire Service look like a big joke with this scandal and by not enforcing there own rules. A big Shame on you State of Connecticut Fire Administrator Jeffrey Morrissette , Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control for letting down the State Connecticut Firefighters.

.Now with Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control not enforcing there own rules opens door for people who failed any parts of State Of Connecticut Fire certifications. If the guys who received certifications legally don’t follow rules why do you? You have right to appeal any test you failed though Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control and you should get your State Of Connecticut Fire certifications granted to you right of way. You have rights too.

Again a big shame on you Connecticut State Fire Academy, Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control, City of Norwalk Fire Department, Stamford Volunteer Company Belltown , State of Connecticut Fire Administrator Jeffrey Morrissette for disgracing State of Connecticut Fire Service.

If you are outrage Connecticut Firefighter like me please voice you opinion By calling Connecticut Commission OF Fire prevention and Control and State of Connecticut Fire Administrator Jeffrey Morrissette at Phone -860-627-6363 or Fax 860-654-1889.

If you need any information please Email me @ masona300@yahoo.com

Jason Mason
    Connecticut Firefighter

Posted on 4-7-05 by Laserjet 5 in the forums section of firehouse.com
    Last edited by CTJAKE; 08-03-2005 at 12:31 PM.

Forum Member

Wow - that has to be the same guy if only because no two people would have the same type of disruptive rhythym in their writing.

Well - I guess now we all will be sued.
    Jacktee

IACOJ

"Insert quotation here."

I just received good news from my lawyer’s office.150 White Male Candidate just sent in there attorneys fees. Great news see you guy later. Good luck CTJAKE I hope you guys in Norwalk don’t lose your job. Bye Bye .Just for you CTJAKE I am not suing the City of Norwalk think again. That somebody else sorry not me so bye bye.

Forum Member

Bye Bye .Just for you CTJAKE I am not suing the City of Norwalk think again. That somebody else sorry not me so bye bye.
    Okay - now this is too much. I can't laugh.
    Jacktee

IACOJ

"Insert quotation here."

Forum Member

Originally posted by petjack77
    I just received good news from my lawyer’s office.150 White Male Candidate just sent in there attorneys fees. Great news see you guy later. Good luck CTJAKE I hope you guys in Norwalk don’t lose your job. Bye Bye .Just for you CTJAKE I am not suing the City of Norwalk think again. That somebody else sorry not me so bye bye.
    Huked on fonics werked for mee

Forum Member

Looking back I apologize. Calling you an idiot was an insult to all idiots.

MembersZone Subscriber

In one of that writers earliers threads I also pointed out his inability to communicate in a reasonable, sound and intelligent fashion. I made a fatal error of including a few mis-spelled words and was called on it, its ok, I have thick skin. I am not sure if he is looking for sympathy or just does not have a clue. By the way, there is still at least 1 case pending that deals with the most current BFD entrance exam, maybe more.

My opinion only

MembersZone Subscriber

Call me crazy, but....if I had a hard time getting a job - or for that matter even getting into fire school, or graduating from fire school - I would think that a better course of action would be to study a little harder, work out a little more, or do whatever it took to be the best - Not suing everybody under the sun in the entire state. I imagine that would be the quickest way to ensure that I never got a job in that field.

Just my 2 cents...
    "When you throw dirt, you lose ground."

IACOJ

Forum Member

This guy is an idiot, and thats obvious. I feel like an idiot for evan posting in this a few times. From reading the last few posts, I gather that his intentions are to stir up trouble: hence the multiple screen names My personal belief is that this guy just wants to see his topic at the top of the fourms page and is happy with that and that alone, wheather or not its a good one or not. I am done posting and listening to this un-edu-ma-cated man speak. He has nothing worth while to say.

Forum Member

Default What about Norwalk?

What is the situation in Norwalk? I have been looking through online press stories but can find little information.
    Jacktee

IACOJ

"Insert quotation here."

Forum Member

Default How things happen in Bpt. CT...

I have read these comments for years about what goes on in Bridgeport Fire Dept. and what has been done wrong to whoever the "victim" of that particular comment is. First of all, when you comment with such clarity you probably would want to be as close to the situation as possible. Well, I am an African-American firefighter with BFD (going on 6 years), know Earl King well (same high school, same neighborhood), proud member of The Firebird Society of Bpt., member of IAFF Local 834, and also know of the inconsistencies of the Civil Service process. Lastly, I don't ask for favors or handouts, do my job as best I can, and appreciate the real "friends" that I have met on BFD (black, white, hispanic, male or female), and for everyone else continue to have the hates: it only affects you.
    The person who created this thread is as disillusioned as they can possibly be. They say what Bridgeport can and can't do; people who live it knows that there is the right way, the wrong way, and the Bpt. way. You say the City can't change the test midway (whatever...). After my written exam, I was one of the top scorers on the test (I believe that we had over 4,000 test takers and I was tied for 7th - no residency points). There was supposed to be a physical, and after that an entrance medical exam. Well, Bridgeport adds an oral exam that was never posted on the announcement. After this portion, I dropped to where I eventually came on with the last set of hires on my list. The reason that this is funny is that I always do well in oral interviews; I got hired by a Fortune 500 company off the strength of the interview at the age of 16 (and they knew that I knew nothing about software engineering). So, don't tell me what Bridgeport doesn't do. They also don't follow the charter to the "t", don't give timely promotional exams, and a slew of other things. With that being said, I still love my dept. and the city that I was born in and hate when people just run their mouth recklessly about either. The only way to affect change is to come together, but this is not on everyone's agenda. If you are a member of this dept., then you know that lawsuits are a way of life in BFD (entrance exams, promotional exams, harrasment, etc.). I could have sued like many people who took my entrance exam, but I chose not to. I don't blame people for my shortcomings, it just inspires me to work harder.
    As an African-American, I also am still amazed that many of you writers of comments are so sure that all minorities walk around asking "boss, could ya' please gimme sum of ya crumbs and I'se be so happy". Come of that please and understand that this is not a world that you can throw out your generalities and blanket everyone. Like I said, not evryone is going around looking for handouts - a fair shake is different. A lot of these "minorities" that you generalize about are so far past you (i.e. education, employment, net worth, etc.); oh, you are probably talking about the ones that get stereotyped on the evening news robbing liquor stores. I am a proud member of BFD, a proud member of Local 834, and a proud member of the Firebird Society. According to the comments that I read, none of these make me a sh*tbag except the last one. If any of you history buffs want to jump in feel free: there was/and is a need for organizations like this. When African-Americans first got on the job do you think that it was a walk in the park? Hell no. By the way we have a charter that can be read by anyone that states what we do. And if you label me a person that is bad because I am a member of an organization that ultimately looks out for its members and gives back to my community, then you can go to hell. Being a member of 834 doesn't it offer me something sort of similar. A lot of folks have issues with certain members of the organization and can not hide it. As with every organization, even if you disagree with anything and it passes a vote that is the end. A resolution may pass and you may hate it, but it made the vote. So don't get your personal problems so mixed up that you are shooting buckshot everywhere. My organization has been a fixture in the community for years and will continue to grow and thrive.
    The hot topic is Earl King Jr. Do you know him? Do you even care to when you can write your thoughts behind the safety of your screen name? You say all these reasons that there should not be felons on the job. Well, I don't know if BFD wants to go around pulling files open because for the most part the bad apples have weeded themselves out. This is a hot topic because of all the press it got (Russel and Adrian Peeler, shootings, etc.); this is not atypical of what was going on in Bpt. during the period when crack was king. You can see Bridgeport from the places you are from or from the middle of the neighborhood (Alex and Davenport St. - East End). The perspective is completely different. I am not shocked and apalled by stuff that we saw going on everyday. I make no excuses for Earl King Jr., but I also believe that a person can change. In Bpt., if you are a sh*tbag you will be exposed. There are also people who can appreciate the fact that this is one of the best things that ever happened to them and then run with it. Do we all live in glass houses with rocks in our hands. I can probably go through all of your departments, friends' lists, and family trees and find things that were done that would floor you. But you would say, John of Jane is not like that anymore. You would even say that I would personally vouch for them. It is easy to judge someone that you don't know. He sold drugs and everything else that you add to it is only meant to dramatize. The gang that everyone talks of was a group of guys selling drugs (not the Crips and Bloods). This is Bridgeport, not Los Angeles.
    This is my humble attempt to shed some light on the topic that you guys seem to love to talk about. Lawsuits will always happen, someone will always have been done wrong, people will always have the hates, and someone will always be seen as being helped to where they are. In conclusion, stop writing these comments like there is some race war going on. "Whites join the lawsuit", "Blacks let's mount up"; come on and sound intelligent. Take the time that you spew hate and write and get some textbooks and read them. Get monthly fire publications, talk to the veterans, and be humble. Then when you know that you have studied as much as you can, you can apply that knowledge and excel. The day is gone that you will get a job because of your father or uncle's name, or because you are a particualr race. Also remember that you can always move to Bpt. to take advantage of the residency points, or is that not an option. Are you one that could work here but not live here? The residency points have always been skewed as only helping minorities, but the actually help all residents (if you are white, and you live here, you will get some of these controversial points too). You seem very smart at compiling ranks of other people, but not at the test. Maybe it isn't the system that messed you up, but in fact you just did not do well.

Darrien Penix
    Bridgeport Fire Department
    Engine 7 B Shift (Black Rock)
    dlpenix@hotmail.com

P.S. I will never hide behind a screen name and scream like a giant, but in your face have nothing to say. As my friends on the job know, whatever I say I can and will stand behind (in the forum, on the apparatus floor, or in the kitchen). It doesn't make you wrong because you have different opinions; however, it does when you can't respect other people and their opinions. Hope to hear from you all soon...

Forum Member

I can probably go through all of your departments, friends' lists, and family trees and find things that were done that would floor you.
    and that's not a generalization?
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Darrien

I had to stop reading at Chapter two...

What you seem to be saying is that people are misinformed and ill advised to comment on something with which they have no direct knowledge? Is that a fair assumption?

Further you state that "people" on here seem to give "minorities" the short shaft. You don't want handouts but just a fair shake like the rest of America.

Okay. The guy who orignally posted this thread was hounded by the people on here. It seems most of us saw through him like a cheap shower curtain. So where exactly is your beef? Maybe it was later in the post and I missed it.
    Jacktee

IACOJ

"Insert quotation here."

Forum Member

Default What's my beef...

My beef is that I am so tired of people that speak about my department, but are not close enough to the situation to know all of the dynamics. I also used several statements sarcastically to point out the stupidity of generalizations. I also added my personal e-mail address so that anyone who would like to reach me can. As with America as a whole, people are all to ready to sue and to blame others for their situation. I hope that whoever gets on the job actually appreciates it. Just finished hangin' out on the apparatus floor of Engine 6 - Central Avenue (12:20 am) with a white chief's aide and lieutenant, and a puerto rican firefighter. We talked and laughed our sides off. What was cool was that we were just being plain old firefighters, even more just some plain old guys shooting the sh*t. That's how we do it...
    Last edited by bptfireslayer; 08-17-2005 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Missed something

MembersZone Subscriber

Darrien,
    I have read this entire thread and I certainly appreciate you coming on board and at least trying to explain the situation and shed some light on this. After reading your response, I gather that you are a proud firefighter who is proud of the department. Damn glad to see some of that these days.

PetJack77,
    Get a clue. The village called and reported you missing months ago. After reading this entire thread and making some attempt to decode your posts, you have an axe to grind with something or somebody. Your attempt to come out on a public forum and rally sympathy for your "cause" has failed. My time will now be spent interacting with real brothers and sisters with real issues. Good day to you sir.

Thread Information