MembersZone Subscriber

Default pump operations check sheet

Does anyone have a sheet you use to check off firefighters on pump operations? Just trying to come up with one and thought I would check to see if anyone already has one. Thanks
    Lilyogi

MembersZone Subscriber

Might take me a few days, but I could try to get you ours. Pretty standard fare, we make them run through the deck gun off tank water, transition to the hydrant, charge an 1-3/4, shut down the deck gun, charge a 2-1/2 while flowing the 1-3/4, shut down the 1-3/4 while still flowing the 2-1/2, etc. It may not be exactly like that, but you get the idea. We try to make the newbies acutely aware that everything you do to that pump with people on the lines has an impact.

We also make them do a rural water/drafting evolution with porta-ponds.

Is this what you're looking for? Between the pumping evolutions and the EVOC course we have to do every year, I'm fairly confident that once these guys are turned loose (they have to do so many runs with their officers before they are) - they'll do fine. Every once in a while some idiot gets through, but we remedy the situation pretty quickly.

MembersZone Subscriber

Still want them? Toss me a PM with an e-mail, and I'll forward what I pulled off the network tonight.

Thread Information