Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Toyota Highlander Hybrid

The High Voltage Battery for the new Toyota Highlander Hybrid is located under the second row seat and is not accessible. The Safety Disconnect is located on the Drivers Side under the second row seat on the side behind a plastic cover that is not marked. You will need to open the door, remove the sill plate plastic trim and the cover trim to access the Disconnect.

Boy that sure is nice of the Toyota folks

Now assuming we are DC'ng and shutting off power for extrication purposes... how exactly do we get to a shutoff that is under the rear seat.

I realize the cut the 12v source(that being the traditional auto battery), but some of this stuff irks me a bit.

It sort of reminds me of Towering Inferno(i think) when he rips the builder about consulting the FD (emergency services to be PC)

BTW... you heard anything further on the presence of 110 current in contractor trucks. I was in a class about a year back and the instructor stated that Dodge was coming out with a new contractor package that would have 110V AC in it through an inverter. He stated it was already in use in the military and was coming to the US consumer market in the 'near future'
    Last edited by FFTrainer; 08-01-2005 at 09:51 AM.

These have 110 outlets. Rear passenger side of the bed and also center of rear seat.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

It's an option in the hybrid escape as well. Right on the center console in the front is a 110 outlet. I guess it is so you can run a curling iron while talking on the phone, reading the paper, and putting on makeup.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

The Silverados have two outlets in each of the locations mentioned above. If I recall correctly these are have a 20 amp breaker, but that is not for sure. I didn't know about the Escape, but I am not surprised.

Originally posted by nmfire
    I guess it is so you can run a curling iron while talking on the phone, reading the paper, and putting on makeup.
    Actually, I think these are a great feature. To be able to pull up anywhere and have 110v power. I wish we had one on the farm I work on. On some projects we find ourselves running a couple hundred feet of extension cords.
    "We ride and never worry about the fall, I guess that's just the cowboy in us all" - George Strait

Originally posted by Chaos1212
    Actually, I think these are a great feature. To be able to pull up anywhere and have 110v power. I wish we had one on the farm I work on. On some projects we find ourselves running a couple hundred feet of extension cords.
    Of course it is a great idea for people that aren't morons. I have an inverter permanently mounted and wired in my own pickup truck as well. I use it mostly for charging batteries or running a soldering iron. My point being, you know some jackass is going to do something stupid with it like try to dry their hair while driving.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

The Pontiac Vibe was the first vehicle to offer a 110 Volt AC plug on the dash. In fact they still do. The first commercials on TV showed a group on young people making smoothies in the front seat. The vehicle was parked, but what a great message to send out to our young drivers........making drinks in the front seat.

The Chevy/GMC Hybrids also place the High Voltage Batteries (42 Volt) under the rear seat. The cut-off is also behind the passanger side second door, but GM equips their trucks with an automatic cut-off if the vehicle is struck in the right side.

Forum Member

Originally posted by nmfire

My point being, you know some jackass is going to do something stupid with it like try to dry their hair while driving.
    Point taken. Just don't forget what your signature says.
    "We ride and never worry about the fall, I guess that's just the cowboy in us all" - George Strait

Thread Information