Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber firepimp's Avatar

Default Marion County I bombed .

Well I tested out last week for marion county as a fire / first responder and failed out within the first hour and a half. I'm pretty bummed , I got great scores on my fire test but I failed my first responder test . I feel embarressed to even say i failed that test but I did with a 62 . The test to me was hard as heck and alot of the material I've never seen before on the first responder side , and then on other parts of it there were such dumb questions I had to chuckle while taking it. They said they're going to hold my application and call me in a month or two when they test again . I know I'm goign to hit bumps in my road to success otherwise anyone would be doing this job .

My first responder course was only 2 weeks long and I did hit the books prior to the test , but I guess I don't know the material as well as I thought I did. Alot of the questiosn were " If this was your situation pick the least right answer " . I was liek crappppppppppppppppppppp . lol But anyways wish me luck and here comes more study time. And a message to all hit the damn books with me as well.
    " We are not extraordinary people , we are people caught in extraordinary situations. " Chapter 1 IFSTA Manual

keep trying....get your applications in everywhere. I know that Brooksville will be most likely giving a test in the next several months. You can work as a reserve without having EMT. Have to have EMT to go full time.

There is a company in Tampa named Florida Medical Training Institute. I understand that they may be having an EMT Class starting in Sept that will graduate in DEC.

www.fmti.edu
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

I'm signing up for CFCC's emt program and I should be enrolled by january is the soonest they can get me in I'm taking care of all that this week.

Thanks for the info I know a guy who works out in brooksville , but don't they only have like 2 stations , and also a full department of guys , just asking if your familiar with that area , I might need to give that guy a call he was in my pump op's and hydraulics class with me.
    " We are not extraordinary people , we are people caught in extraordinary situations. " Chapter 1 IFSTA Manual

One station right now with anothter slated to open in next 6-12 months and a 3rd in 3-4 years. Growing Department. 15 full time firefighters, 1 Chief, Administrative Assistant and 15 reserve (part time ) firefighter one of which is a female. 3 firefighter positions and an assistant chief position in this years budget so far.

Question????? What does:
    and also a full department of guys
    have to do with anything??
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

I never meant guys in general , I meant people . Don't they have a full department of people just used guys as a generic term.

I retest for marion county sept. 12th and 13th , anyone know any good first responder study guides tests or anythign I need soem major help with it all. marion countys first responder test is a border line state emt test. It's hard .

Forum Member

knightline.com might have what you are looking for. I use some of their products to review before teaching.

Brooksville has 15 full time slots plus the chief and 15 part time slots. Currently there are 14 full time positions filled and 15 part time with one of those moving to full time soon. Then a test will be given, list established and another reserve hired.

Good luck on your test.
    BMI Investigator

We are advertising for a big hire right now. We're looking to hire around 50 guys right now. I understand that we are slated to have three new stations in the next two years, as well as the addition of three week kelly's. We aren't that far from you - so you might want to look into it.
    "When you throw dirt, you lose ground."

IACOJ

Ember does your area hire single cert. fire fighters currently working on emt ??

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile How did you don on the second attempt?

Just wondering how you did on the second attempt. As you know we have a 3.2M dollar shortfall becuase of taxes that were not approved. However they do plan to keep hiring, and they have made budget cut's elseware.

MCFR is a good dept to get on, it's very progressive and growing leaps and bounds. At my station we run on average of 15 calls a day 80% Medical, 20% Fire and MVA. I think we'll work about 3-4 structures a qurater.

However when the arsonist was here last year we were working 3 structures a week...

Thread Information