Thread: Radios

Forum Member

Post Radios

Does your company have a portable for every member if they are active? We do XD finally after waiting 6 months

Forum Member

Default Re: Radios

Originally posted by EngCo29 Does your company have a portable for every member if they are active? We do XD finally after waiting 6 months
    Are you asking if Explorers are issued radios or the general membership of the dept??

Only officers are issued portable radios. The rest are on the apparatus. There is one for every air pack.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

I have my own radio(s), so it's not an issue.

1 Motorola HT 1550 (had a 1250)
    2 Motorola Maxtrac's (repeater, VHF)

The repeater is for amateur radio, but also covers the normal "public safety" bands (if ever programmed to do that. Which it's not!)

As a department the officers and the members are all issued radios / portables. Juniors are issued pagers, but no radio.
    Last edited by Res343cue; 08-02-2005 at 02:38 AM.

Forum Member

at my dept., only officers are issued their own personal radios, but when we're on calls everyone has a radio cause all of our trucks have a radio in every seat

Forum Member

I have a pager, and the dept. has radios for every seat on every truck, but I am not issued a portable. Depending on the activity, etc. we may get portables or just family radios.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

Default Re: Re: Radios

Originally posted by nmfire

Are you asking if Explorers are issued radios or the general membership of the dept??

Only officers are issued portable radios. The rest are on the apparatus. There is one for every air pack.
    No I mean for the firefighters, I only have one since I'm in Firefighter I, but I told my chief, if he needs it to pull it till im 18.

And I completely forgot I put this thread in the Jr & Explorer Section,sorry about that.
    Last edited by EngCo29; 08-02-2005 at 05:34 PM.

Thread Information