Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Cool Greetings fellow earthlings!

~clearing throat...stepping up to the mic....

Hello,

Thought I would take a sec and introduce myself. A few years ago I was on the forums pretty regularly - in fact had a few bouts with George. Don't expect he'll remember me since it seems he has a few bouts with lots of people! ~just kidding george...really...~

I have lurked quite a bit, laughed often. Especially the Thread Killer. Cause that's me.

As for work, I'm a full time professional ff/emt who is going to go to medic school sometime soon. I was waiting to become an engineer first - cuz even though it's not the PC way of thinking - I don't want to be an officer that's never been an engineer. I'm in my 7th year at my department, which has 15 stations which are dual fire/rescue, with some ALS engines, a large hazmat and special ops unit, a flight chopper staffed with our medics, and lots of other stuff that would take too long to mention!

Sooo...I guess that's it! Hello!

Default Re: Greetings fellow earthlings!

Originally posted by Emberxx
    ~clearing throat...stepping up to the mic....

Hello,

Thought I would take a sec and introduce myself. A few years ago I was on the forums pretty regularly - in fact had a few bouts with George. Don't expect he'll remember me since it seems he has a few bouts with lots of people! ~just kidding george...really...~

I have lurked quite a bit, laughed often. Especially the Thread Killer. Cause that's me.

As for work, I'm a full time professional ff/emt who is going to go to medic school sometime soon. I was waiting to become an engineer first - cuz even though it's not the PC way of thinking - I don't want to be an officer that's never been an engineer. I'm in my 7th year at my department, which has 15 stations which are dual fire/rescue, with some ALS engines, a large hazmat and special ops unit, a flight chopper staffed with our medics, and lots of other stuff that would take too long to mention!

Sooo...I guess that's it! Hello!

So, you have a sign on date of AUGUST 2, 1005, Today, and you have posted 10 posts, which most are just posts. Nothing earth shaking but just every day post that someone new wants everyone to know that they are new!

Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Ummm...okay, and hello to you too!

As I said in my post, which you have just copied to your reply - I used to post here quite frequently until they changed over to the new forums. At that time there were other things in life that got in the way of posting and I never logged in as a member on the new system until today.

But...I am a little confused. What does that matter? I have been lurking for two years! Do I understand that you want me to continue to lurk becaue I didn't come equipped with a 1000 earth-shattering posts??

If so...well, hope that isn't the feeling you'll continue to have of me as I plan to be around a while.

Nice to meet you.
    Last edited by Emberxx; 08-02-2005 at 01:07 PM.

So, you have a sign on date of AUGUST 2, 1005, Today, and you have posted 10 posts, which most are just posts. Nothing earth shaking but just every day post that someone new wants everyone to know that they are new!

How are you and welcome!
    Last edited by JackTee09; 08-04-2005 at 10:58 AM.
    Jacktee

IACOJ

"Insert quotation here."

His intelligence stops at the tops of his boots.

~giggling~

I'm sorry, that's not nice. "Lord, I apologize and please be with the starving pygmies down in New Guinea. Amen. ..." ~grinz

Thanks for the welcome...it's nice to meet you!

Originally posted by JackTee09

His intelligence stops at the tops of his boots.

How are you and welcome!

Well you are a very smart one as well.

Probably a whacker like ember is!!!

Welcome to you both young ones.
    OUTSTANDING

Make It Happen

Never forget 9-11-2001
    343 Brothers Who Were MURDERED!!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer

The "internet" of August 2, 1005 was just a bunch of fisherman tieing their boats together!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Welcome Back......I guess.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Lol...believe it or not Capt - I do remember you, although I apparently made little or no impression. Guess I better work on that.

I work just a little bit south of you.
    "When you throw dirt, you lose ground."

IACOJ

Just one question.....

Why is there so much hatred for other members on this forum??????????
    Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

I don't feel any hatred, just people who've 'been there and done that' enough to know that people aren't always what they seem, or are only here to start trouble. They're a little leery when people say certain things, that's all.
    "When you throw dirt, you lose ground."

IACOJ

Thread Information