Forum Member

Exclamation Firefighting video games

Anybody else play any of these?

I picked up Emergency: Fire Rescue at Fry's the other day and have been playing it like crazy. And the best part is that becuase it's a fire I can' play the same scenario 100 times and play it different every time.

My only complaint is that my fire fighters are freakin' idiots. They have to be micromanaged like you wouldn't believe. They'll be standing in the middle of a burning building, but if the fire isn't directly on top of them they won't fight it. It would also be easier if you were able to run handlines instead of just using compressed water cans that run out every 5 minutes and have to be replaced.

anyways, after I finish this game I think i'm gonna go buy Firefighter Command: Raging Inferno that's being advertised at the top of the screen all the time. It's made by the same people, but looks like it's much better.
    When I get to hell
    The devil he will say
    "How'd you put my fires out?
    In just one day?"
    I lift my hose up higher and higher
    that's how I do it, I'm a firefighter!

Forum Member

I've never played either of the two you've mentioned, but for PS2 -- Firefighter FD 18 i believe is the name, is a pretty good game. Its mostly running around fighting fire, but your timed so its more like "clear a path to victim, rescue, repeat". It was fun just cuase you ran around putting red stuff on the wet stuff while sitting on the couch.

Forum Member

I have

'911 fire response' kinda a helmet cam sort of view. You do the search, extinguish the fire...

'Emergency fire response' I think this is the better one, Overview of the entire scene, you control the FF.

I just got '911 paramedic' over the weekend. My pt's stopped dying on me once I figured out select my tools and how to use them. I also have 'Emergency room code red' (it was a package deal) Haven't tried it yet.

MembersZone Subscriber

On Sundays we have "Mandatory Trauma Training" AKA -Halo. One of the guys decided to bring in a firefighting game for the x-box (not sure of the name). It was hard to get the characters to do what you wanted & it was kinda boring. We had it in for about thirty minutes before everyone got bored and we went back to our "training".
    "When you throw dirt, you lose ground."

IACOJ

Forum Member

can you find out the name Emberxx.

and nice "mandatory trauma training"

MembersZone Subscriber

I'll ask the guy tomorrow what the name was...

And..hey, ya know training is a very important part of our job!
    "When you throw dirt, you lose ground."

IACOJ

Thread Information