Forum Member

Thumbs up Why didn't I think of that??

I am a security person, and the one problem that always comes up when something is stolen is the fact that there are locks that are a pain in the but# to lock. This is the case with most deadbolt locks, as you leave your house, the lock in the door knob, all you have to do is turn it, but you have to get out your keys to engage the deadbolt.
    I just watched HGTV's "I Want That" and saw the first product that I actually thought "I have to have that". It is a deadbolt lock, that, to engage, all you have to do is to turn the outer metal collar. No key, nothing to do but turn the collar.
    It has an inside thumbturn lock, so it isn't a problem for the fire service side of me. I do not work for this company, I just wanted to bring it to the attention of more people. Here is the link:
    http://www.turnerlock.com/howItWorks.aspx

I will be buying one for both my condo in NY and my new house in VT!
    9/11/01 Never forget Never forgive

Dusty, working on Crusty IACOJ

Forum Member

Default Re: Why didn't I think of that??

Originally posted by fflynn17
    I am a security person, and the one problem that always comes up when something is stolen is the fact that there are locks that are a pain in the but# to lock. This is the case with most deadbolt locks
    Are you kidding me? I can see how this product is an easier to use version but i highly doubt that deadbolts constitue a pain in the butt when you weigh it against the fact that you are protecting your valuables, not to mention HOME. People are so amazingly lazy. You take out your key, insert it, turn, remove. Whats next? A machine to chew your food for you so we can get fatter and lazier quicker?

Forum Member

Default Re: Re: Why didn't I think of that??

Originally posted by adamkhalil

Are you kidding me? I can see how this product is an easier to use version but i highly doubt that deadbolts constitue a pain in the butt..
    Sorry dude. You might not find it annoying, but I can assure that millions of people all over the nation are exactly as he describes. Hell, even I say 'screw it' sometimes when I'm in a rush.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up I'm With Lynn............................

This seems like a good idea, and not because I'm lazy. When I'm responding out the door from home, fishing out the right key, etc. IS a royal pain you-know-where. Keys to the Chief's Buggy and the Station Keys are on one ring, stuff at home is on another, etc....
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

When they're too lazy or stupid to give the right of way to a 20 ton code 3 BRT, they definitely can't be bothered to fish a key out.
    There goes the neighborhood.

Forum Member

As long as it cannot be UN-locked from the outside in that manner,it sounds like a good idea.

Thread Information