MembersZone Subscriber

Default Rappel Tower Plans

Does anyone have any idea where I might find someone who has the plans for constructing a rappell tower using telephone poles. Almost every Boy Scout or Girl Scout camp has one, but no one seems to know where their plans are or where they came from. I am sure they are not real complicated to construct, our city would like to see actually blueprints before approval.

MembersZone Subscriber

Most people no longer build rappel towers out of telephone poles, instead they use cement bridge spans or roofing spans from cement buildings and then put floors in.

Orange County Florida Sheriff's Office had a rappel tower built of telephones poles and their obstical course tower still is, although they did replace the rappel tower with a new cement one. You might try contacting them.
    Last edited by Emberxx; 08-05-2005 at 05:42 PM.
    "When you throw dirt, you lose ground."

IACOJ

Forum Member

Default Also looking for plans.

Quote Originally Posted by dshort32
    Does anyone have any idea where I might find someone who has the plans for constructing a rappell tower using telephone poles. Almost every Boy Scout or Girl Scout camp has one, but no one seems to know where their plans are or where they came from. I am sure they are not real complicated to construct, our city would like to see actually blueprints before approval.

We are also looking for blueprints for a training tower. Please let me know if you are lucky to find any. The cheapest quote has been for $2500.00 to do the plans. Please email me at: chiefchrisjones@yahoo.com if you can locate any.

MembersZone Subscriber

H&M Construction of Jackson, Tennessee was involved in a design/build of a rappelling and climbing tower at the local Boy Scout camp.
    ullrichk
    a.k.a.
    perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

Forum Member

Dont know where you're from....but if you get in contact with your local Boy Scout Council they should be able to give you the plans or put you in touch with the company that built it for them. Email me if you would like me to get you in touch with a council rep.

firehick

MembersZone Subscriber

Asheville, North Carolina, United States of America

Default Power Company

Go see your local power company and ask them if they will/can donate several old tall power poles that have been replaced. Most are still in good shape and have many years of support left in them. Here in westeern NC they will set them for you also in a square pattern and then you add your own platforms/decking. If you have a local Navy reserve near you, see if the SeaBees might help on this as a weekend project also. A couple of local departments got them to construct some really nice three story platforms for them as weekend drill.
    Pray for the dead, fight like hell for the living! - Mother Jones

Thread Information