MembersZone Subscriber

Default Meriden Fire Dept. Testing

Does anybody know how many the are looking for to hire after testing is completed?

Forum Member

i heard one person. Undoubtly it will be someone from south meriden as it usually is. My chief knows chief trainor well and i guess they thought about one. I was planning on taking that test today but i took stamford instead... big mistake. How many turned out for the test today?

MembersZone Subscriber

Unfortunately, JAC it will be more than one. I know of at least three positions that will be available within the next year. And it is not necessarily true that they will be from South Meriden. The chief seems to be going right down the list starting at the top.

MembersZone Subscriber

I took Meridens test instead of Stamford seeing that they were going to give 5pts for fire I and Stamford wasnt. There was about 180-190. How many showed up for stamford? And did you get the study guide for Stamford's test?

Forum Member

well i was in a room with 125 guys and one girl. That was one of two rooms. i assume they were both the same size room wise. Two test times 8:30 and 11:30 I want to say 500 candidates today. I bought the study guide. It did help but the questions were worded very different than i had thought. Other than that it was good. What test are you taking next?

MembersZone Subscriber

When I took Greenwich's test there was close to 400 so i figured Stamford would be the same.

Danbury is the next test coming up.

Forum Member

same here....are they hiring or just making a list?

Forum Member

Orals are next!!!

Got the letter in the mail today

MembersZone Subscriber

They will be hiring off of this list!!!

Forum Member

Talking

Nice to hear that they will be hiring of the list. I was happy with my written score and I'm looking forward to shinning at the orals (cross my fingers)

MembersZone Subscriber

Has anyone heard anything yet? they said the 30th a letter will be sent out but nothing yet.

MembersZone Subscriber

Meriden isnt sending out letters this time, you have to call and get your score and placing on the list.

I wonder if they do second interviews, or just hire off the list as it is. I heard they already hired one off the list so far.

Goodluck..
    Last edited by spyonline; 10-07-2005 at 07:04 PM.

Forum Member

Default Meriden FD

I have heard varring stories about Meriden. I could have sworn that when I called prior to the oral personell said they were hiring 4. When I called after I got my score on the oral and ranking on the list they told me they were hiring just one right now. I took Bristol's test on Saturday and a guy next to me swore they were hiring 3 by the end of October and up to 8 in the next coming months. I really would like to find out the real answer as I did well and I am anxious to find out.
    Anyone have any more insight as to the true number they are looking to hire?

Forum Member

I called and received my score and was told that they already hired one and no new news on any other hirings.
    I dunno how many they considered for that one spot, but maybe there going right down the list I dunno.

As far as Bristol, last test was the test to be on, they hired like 12 and are considering hiring the next three in the coming months from the old list not the new list forming now.
    I heard the same with the 8 or 9 after that but who knows. I'm just hoping that they hold off on the 3 for the new list seeing that old list is totally exausted.

Forum Member

I've heard similar for Bristol as well. I hope they hold off, the old list is about up anyway. I feel like I did well on Sat at the written. We'll see in a couple of weeks when results come out

Forum Member

Default Bristol

I called Bristol Personel today and asked about hiring. She didn't give me any info on hiring anytime soon. In fact she didn't give me much info at all. The current list does however end in December. So if they are hiring now it would be from the old list. I can't see them doing that. From what i have been told Fire Depts don't like to do that cause once they get down the list the pickins are as good. We'll see!

Forum Member

The "old list" ends Dec. 1
    the fire dept doesnt like hiring from the end of the list but that deosnt mean that the fire commision thinks the same way.

Thread Information