1. #1
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Aug 2005

    Default Need a little advice

    I am trying to figure out what specialty to get within the fd....
    hazmat spec.

    i really dont want to be a medic because I dont have the time or money to take a yr. off to go to medic school.. what is the next best thing..

  2. #2
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Richfield, NC


    Well what is your department needing?

    If you operate at the medic or haz mat specialist level then you will have to obtain those certifications I would think and by all means brother knock yourself out.

    If you do heavy rescue you might want to look at getting your ERT certifications.

    Do you have all of your Fire Fighter certifications. I don't know where you live but maybe you might want to look into becoming an instructur.

    Hope I helped

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register