Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forum Member

Hey guys.....

Im with the 896 rehab group in Dallas (Box4). Just found the forum.

I was wondering if anyone could help me identify some folks from photos Ive taken. Id like to get them copies if i could or at least caption the photos and give them credit.

Here's a link - many thanks in advance.

Fire Photos

~DFD896-429

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JHR1985
    it all depends on what your looking for. If you want to fight lots of fire, and quickly, Forest Hill or Kennedale would be a good choice. Kennedale has pretty good pay now compared to what it used to and you get lots of fire. Forest Hill gets lot and both forest Hill and Kennedale run mutal aid for each other. Fort Worth would be a good choice also.

Dallas runs there butts of and if you want to be busy, go there. But, be prepared to ride the Medic A LOT. Bonus to working for Fort Worth, Arlington, and Forest Hill is that they have no medic units. But, if your like me, I love riding the box and getting the best of both worlds
    What dept. in DFW are you with? If you'd rather not post it on the board, you can send me a private message.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HookEm
    I am hoping to become a firefighter somewhere in the DFW area and was wondering if there were certain departments that were thought of as the best ones to work for based on pay, benefits, workload, etc. I've heard good things about Fort Worth but not so great things about Dallas. I'd also appreciate any info on the HEB departments because I haven't heard much about them. Also, does anyone know anything about the Allen fire department. Any info would be much appreciated.
    PM or e-mail me and I will get you information on the HEB departments. I can tell you about all of them.
    K-9 hunt, the ultimate challange.
    EVERYONE GOES HOME
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by irishff513
    What dept. in DFW are you with?
    Box 4 is at station 28's with DFD.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxster
    Actually I just got hired with Dallas FD. I start the academy next Wednesday, the 19th of October. From what I understand you Mesquite guys did your Acadeny training there, right? Is there anything I need to know before I start?

How do you like it so far at DFD? I go to the physical on the 10th and polygraph after that.

Forum Member

Default firefighter around dallas

im in traing to be a fire fighter in fate but going to be in dallas next week

Forum Member

"How do you like it so far at DFD? I go to the physical on the 10th and polygraph after that."

How was the physical? I take mine on Monday, the 15th. I'm kind of clueless as to what the remaining process is. Do you know what follows? How long after the date of the physical is the polygraph? I haven't heard any mention of oral boards or interviews or anything like that. You know about any of that stuff? Aslo, do you know how many they're looking to hire and by what date?

Thread Information