Thread: Major Problems

Forum Member

Question Major Problems

I am really suprised not to see anything on here about the problems with the county yet, Anyone have anything to say about the scandels?

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Question And??..........

Maryland has 23 Counties. Which one are you asking about?
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

I'm in Garrett County up in the Mountains... I don't see my thread about an open door policy, so I guess Firehouse.com deleted it. Things have changed concerning my situation, but being the person I am I haven't re-applied to the Kitzmiller Volunteer Fire Department. Who wants trouble after trouble? People posting that don't have any sense and not any fire fighting experience to where they disgrace and harm what fire and rescue is supposed to stand for. The open door policy didn't take away any control, still gave departments and squads the ability to determine if someone wasn't able to be a part of their service, and it gave people like me a chance to re-join with no vote until some things were accomplished, but it didn't provide protection from unscruplous, dangerous, and sick people. My County and the State Fireman's Association did not adopt an open door policy even though I tried to get them to just listen to me or present them with some options. My life got better not trying any more.

Sincerely,
    Becky

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeWitt7
    I'm in Garrett County up in the Mountains... I don't see my thread about an open door policy, so I guess Firehouse.com deleted it. Things have changed concerning my situation, but being the person I am I haven't re-applied to the Kitzmiller Volunteer Fire Department. Who wants trouble after trouble? People posting that don't have any sense and not any fire fighting experience to where they disgrace and harm what fire and rescue is supposed to stand for. The open door policy didn't take away any control, still gave departments and squads the ability to determine if someone wasn't able to be a part of their service, and it gave people like me a chance to re-join with no vote until some things were accomplished, but it didn't provide protection from unscruplous, dangerous, and sick people. My County and the State Fireman's Association did not adopt an open door policy even though I tried to get them to just listen to me or present them with some options. My life got better not trying any more.

Sincerely,
    Becky
    Becky, your thread is still there, you can look at it at http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...t=52011&page=3

just no one has posted it since march, so it dropped off the list of "threads with posts in the last 30 days." you also never responded to what HWoods said, and he happens to be a PGFD commisioner. He can also answer any questions and clarrify any problems you have with the Maryland fire system. and I stand by what I said in the original thread (and you can check it out in the old thread if you forgot).

scandals are scandals, you can probably find a whole lot about it on thewatchdesk.com
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Thread Information