Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Fire Explorer Leader in Trouble

Who knows what goes through the minds of people.

The Associated Press

August 10, 2005

Police arrested the leader of a training program for aspiring firefighters for allegedly having sex with three female group members over the past two years, police said Tuesday.

Antonio Scott Graham, who headed the Palo Alto Fire Department's Explorer program, was arrested at his cottage in Los Altos Hills on Friday. Graham, 28, was booked into Santa Clara County Main Jail on four charges relating to sex acts with children.

Graham, who is known as Tony, started the Explorers group while he was still in high school in 1995. When a makeshift bomb exploded at Gunn High School in 1994, the American Red Cross heralded him as a hero for helping students who were injured in the explosion.

But after one of his alleged victims contacted authorities, Palo Alto detectives executed a search warrant at Graham's home, police said. Detectives are still working on determining the length of time Graham had relations with each girl, said Police Chief Lynne Johnson.

Nik Kaestner, who knew Graham at Gunn, said he was passionate about his work in the emergency medical technician club in high school.

"He was very pro-active in wanting to help students and that continued after high school, all on his own time," Kaestner said. "That's why it's so surprising."

Graham coordinated the fire department's Explorer program, which trains teenagers to be firefighters, from 1998 to 2002, and returned as coordinator about four months ago. The program is run by the Pacific Skyline Council of the Boy Scouts of America, and has members who range in age from 14 to 21, said a council official.

Graham also works as an emergency medical technician for American Medical Response, police said.
    Jacktee

IACOJ

"Insert quotation here."

Apparently not the thought of jail time, nor the effect that this will have on the teens involved or anyone else around them....
    "When you throw dirt, you lose ground."

IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber dmleblanc's Avatar
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Graham, who is known as Tony, started the Explorers group while he was still in high school in 1995. When a makeshift bomb exploded at Gunn High School in 1994, the American Red Cross heralded him as a hero for helping students who were injured in the explosion.
    Hmmmm.....anybody besides me get the weird feeling he may have been involved in that one?
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Thread Information