MembersZone Subscriber

Default Does your department sell shirts?

No offense to the big cities like FDNY and such, but I am looking for small town FD volunteer of full time shirts I can buy. Just picked one up from Mackinac Island this last weekend, thought that was kind of cool since there are no motor vehicles allowed on the island The FF's ride their bicycles to the fire hall and then take out their trucks (ok, only the Fire Department has motorized vehicles).

Anyhow would be interested in picking up shirts from different departments if you guys sell them. We don't have any to trade or sell , otherwise I would make offers to trade.

Post here with an email or something I can use to get in touch with you and a price.

Thanks,
    Andy
    EMT-B
    Garfield Twp. Fire Department
    http://www.garfieldfire.com

Forum Member

We don't have any... it'd be cool though.
    2005 Pontiac Wave 5 Hatch
    Pontiac... built for drivers

Forum Member

We have shirts - PM me. Cost is $20.00 cdn.
    -I have learned people will forget what you said,
    -People will forget what you did,
    -But people will never forget how you made them feel!

MembersZone Subscriber

Go to our Website www.clintonvfd.org and there is an online store there. Our basic blue t-shirt is $10.00 I think.
    Proud Right-Wing Extremist since 1992

"Extreme Liberalism is a Mental Disorder"- Michael Savage

Forum Member

Yeah, to the employee's. They require we wear them but we have to pay for them.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Forum Member

Dave: I know how you feel. They bought us class Bs, but required we buy the t-shirts if we wanted to wear them. That has since changed, thankfully.
    "Captain 1 to control, retone this as a structure and notify the fire chief...."

Safety is no accident.

Forum Member

No, due to security concerns.

Yeah, to the employee's. They require we wear them but we have to pay for them
    City supplys us the polos,T-Shirts, BDU/EMS pants,hats,gear bag,ALICE pack for our S&R operations+the gear that goes in it. In addition to our PPE.

They go half and half on boots.........if you buy them off a list and provide a recipt.

Jackets and ff job shirts are out of our own pocket.

And not to hi jack......but we just fought and got the city to pay for half your EMT training upon sucessful completeion.

Not to bad for small,all vollunteer station.

PD they supply the shirt, badge,hat and Baton.

Duty belt,mace,cuffs out of your own pocket.

Gun you buy your self but it has to be off a "approved" list. You also have to buy a NIJ rated triple rentention holster.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by stm4710
    No, due to security concerns.

City supplys us the polos,T-Shirts, BDU/EMS pants,hats,gear bag,ALICE pack for our S&R operations+the gear that goes in it. In addition to our PPE.

They go half and half on boots.........if you buy them off a list and provide a recipt.

Jackets and ff job shirts are out of our own pocket.

And not to hi jack......but we just fought and got the city to pay for half your EMT training upon sucessful completeion.

Not to bad for small,all vollunteer station.

PD they supply the shirt, badge,hat and Baton.

Duty belt,mace,cuffs out of your own pocket.

Gun you buy your self but it has to be off a "approved" list. You also have to buy a NIJ rated triple rentention holster.

Must be nice. When we start we get 2 blue uniform shirts, 1 blue long sleve dress shirt, 2 pair duty pants (cheap, not fancy BDUs), 2 department T-shirts, a uniform jacket, a belt, a tie, a sweatshirt, a raincoat and a jumpsuit (coveralls).

After that, you can ask for more uniform shirts, pants and jumpsuit (after they wear out). We have to pay for additional T-shirts and sweatshirts, boots are all on us as are ball caps. Most of the guys buy jackets, since the ones the departmnt buys are cheap-o's that wont keep you warm much under 65 degrees.

Its always driven me nuts that our admin is SOOOOO worried about how "professional" we look, but they buy the cheapest crap they can get for us to wear.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

MembersZone Subscriber

We went to a quartermaster system this year. Annually, we are to get 2 t-shirts, one polo and one pair of duty pants. Every other year we will get a jacket, a ballcap or job shirt. Anything else is at our expense.

We give t-shirts out to some individuals but not the general public.

Forum Member

Dave:
    I'm a neighbor 2 counties north of you... it amazes me that we have crap for equipment, the original hurst spreaders I believe, no extinguishers on the engine at our station, but they constantly give us new uniform clothing. I have a closet filled with shirts and pants still wrapped in plastic. I don't get it.

Forum Member

PM me bro and I'll send you one (my treat)
    IAFF

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1983
    Most of the guys buy jackets, since the ones the departmnt buys are cheap-o's that wont keep you warm much under 65 degrees.

Anything over 40 is shorts weather! You spoiled Florida peeps!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1983
    2 pair duty pants (cheap, not fancy BDUs),

Its always driven me nuts that our admin is SOOOOO worried about how "professional" we look, but they buy the cheapest crap they can get for us to wear.
    BDU's are the worst possible pants on the planet. They are cheaply made because uncle sam supplys them.
    They dont fit right, they tear like paper, the button fly is always comeing open, they dont insulate at all, the pockets have buttons on them so you have to take time to seal them and you look like a wanna be johnny swat running around.

I bought my self Galls EMS and duty pants and I love them. Death to BDU's!!!!!!

Our admins are so worried about us looking professional too on details and respones. I stopped wearing my BDU' all together......cause they are terrible and went to plain duty pants and I got an earful about how we dont look the same yadda yadda. The next detail........every one but the officer that complained swtiched to plain duty or galls EMS pants!!!!!!

So now if I am down there for just a meeting or anything else its duty pants. If I know im going to be on the ambie its EMS pants.
    Last edited by stm4710; 08-11-2005 at 10:48 PM.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by TillerMan25
    Go to our Website www.clintonvfd.org and there is an online store there. Our basic blue t-shirt is $10.00 I think.

Didn't see the link to the store, maybe I am missing something.

Anyhow feel free to PM me or leave a message here if you guys want to sell one of your department shirts. I completely understand the security concerns, and it makes sense.

I know some departments sell different shirts than their actual work shirts.

Thanks for the responses and that sucks for those of you full time guys that have to buy your own gear, is there a clothing allowance too or do they just make you eat it out of your own paycheck?
    EMT-B
    Garfield Twp. Fire Department
    http://www.garfieldfire.com

Thread Information