Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Will the grants ever come???

Anyone heard any scuttle butt of when the awards may start. i know there are alot of posts on here about when the awards may start but from what i have read its a big game between fire departments and the DHS. Anyone know anything I am starting to think that they are not gonna happen this year.....anyone else get that feeling?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

No, not in the least. By law they must give out the money, but the proper paperwork has to be done and the red tape cut before they can, so to stay legal, they haven't awarded anything yet. The game being played is between federal agencies, not departments and the feds. DHS's grants department is doing everything they can to speed things up, but sometimes it doesn't work that way.

Thumbs up

There is a reference to the AFG program on the Federal Register web page. It is in the list of notices under DHS to be posted in tomorrow's edition of the Federal Register. Hope this is the NOFA!!!!!!

Forum Member

I spoke with my Congressman's office yesterday about the delay of the awards and there response to me is as follows "there is certain legislative procedures that must be followed in order to release federal funding and the grants office in Washington is anticipating on releasing the awards in the coming weeks"

At least its weeks not months......

I don't put too much stock in what I hear from politicians. Most of them don't know any more than we do. That is the same answer we got from our congressman's office on July 12th. I guess we'll just have to see what happens. Like everyone keeps saying, if you got your 1199a and questions it's like money in the bank (almost)
    Last edited by bsfd121; 08-16-2005 at 03:11 PM.

Forum Member

Default Friday???

I heard that Friday is the day....."for the 1st round" is this true...can it be true...only we can hope! anyone else know anything

FireGod,

See the No Whammies thread by BC79er

In a nut shell I talked to the AFG Help Desk today and they said that Round 1 will be announced this Friday for sure.

Could it be????? Our chief got a phone call from one of our congressman's aides this afternoon. She said that hizzhonor would be contacting us tomorrow with an important announcement. I'm not sure if this is in regard to the grants or not. I didn't think they got the info until Wednesdays??? We do have some other events going on with ODP funding and this guys is all hyped about clandestine drug labs. Hope it's not another photo op.

Steve

Maryland (but always a Long Islander first)

Well, usually Congressional Offices find out on Wednesday, so she must know someone if she found out today...
    "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
    -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Yeah, but the last time we were informed of an "important" announcement it was to be used as a backdrop for another issue about water system improvements.

Thread Information