Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The difference

Default The difference

I am going to college for Fire service technology soon, and I have heard of Fire science also, which I dont believe there are any colleges around here with it. Is there a difference between the two, or are they just different nmaes?
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

Arrow Quite possibly, it could be just a name...

Quote Originally Posted by backdraft663
    I am going to college for Fire service technology soon, and I have heard of Fire science also, which I dont believe there are any colleges around here with it. Is there a difference between the two, or are they just different nmaes?
    It totally depends on the institution. My BA was in "Mass Communication," but I was a "Radio, TV & Film" major when I enrolled. It was the same degree for me either way, but the label changed while I was enrolled.

The parent institution of our state fire academy offers two associate degrees for firefighters. They offer an Associate of Applied Science degree in Fire & Emergency Response. I believe this is geared more towards line personnel in the fire department. They also offer an Associate of Science in Fire Science Management. It is geared toward fire officers and those who want to proceed to a bachelor's degree.

Thread Information