Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Forum Member

Well I agree with all of you, I shouldn't have bashed'em about it since they are in another state,i apologize for it everyone...i guess I was in a "gung-ho omg i just saw an awesome response video" type of moment sorry about it Hope.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

ok, I see some posts in this thread have been edited since my last visit.

Joking about blowing up the Q was not the problem, we are joking about it ourselves at our station. The issue is false information was being posted about the videos, and users were basing opinions on that false information. The line was crossed when the crew was called a bunch of ***'s.

The accusations that 11-10 had if "floored" are false, when I listen to the video I hear the jake brake most of the time, hardly "flooring it". I suggest turning up your bass or buy new speakers.

The accusations of tailgating, again, obviously not true.

To EngCo29, apology accepted, as far as we are concerned this issue is closed.

Now some backround about this incident:

Engine 11-10 was responding from a parade in a neighboring town, the OIC was in the process of gearing up, donning the pack, operating the radios, operating the sirens, all at the same time. The crew was gearing up and donning also.

Incident was paged as a building fire with possible entrapment, Chief arrived on scene with heavy fire showing and upgraded to second alarm.

Screaming could be heard coming from the second floor, Chief ordered the first in truck company for search and rescue operations. Chief request a third alarm.

In the video, the engine in front was turning towards the incident and hitting the plug on Side D, Engine 11-10's assignment was to hit a hydrant on Side C. This was best accomplished by traveling an additional 2 blocks before making the turn.

The operator of 11-10 was in complete control, knew exactly were he was going, and was not driving recklessly.

Listen to the radio traffic, you can here the truck company on the interior with search and rescue, at this point, no water supplies have been established, heavy fire was showing, and three tennants were unaccounted for.

In the end, a total of six alarms were transmitted. One tennant suffered burns and was transported, all other occupants were eventually accounted for. Thank god there were no fatalities.

-- Be safe everyone

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

Thanks for the extra info Hopefireco.

Don't sweat the armchair QB'ing, it happens all the time. Next someone is bound to comment on gearing up while responding, but we'll wait to cross that bridge.

Most of us are just genuinely intersted in how the incident played out. When you don't get the runs, you have to learn by studying others. Sounds like a good run with a good outcome.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hopefirecompany
    ok, I see some posts in this thread have been edited since my last visit.

Joking about blowing up the Q was not the problem, we are joking about it ourselves at our station. The issue is false information was being posted about the videos, and users were basing opinions on that false information. The line was crossed when the crew was called a bunch of ***'s.

The accusations that 11-10 had if "floored" are false, when I listen to the video I hear the jake brake most of the time, hardly "flooring it". I suggest turning up your bass or buy new speakers.

The accusations of tailgating, again, obviously not true.

To EngCo29, apology accepted, as far as we are concerned this issue is closed.

Now some backround about this incident:

Engine 11-10 was responding from a parade in a neighboring town, the OIC was in the process of gearing up, donning the pack, operating the radios, operating the sirens, all at the same time. The crew was gearing up and donning also.

Incident was paged as a building fire with possible entrapment, Chief arrived on scene with heavy fire showing and upgraded to second alarm.

Screaming could be heard coming from the second floor, Chief ordered the first in truck company for search and rescue operations. Chief request a third alarm.

In the video, the engine in front was turning towards the incident and hitting the plug on Side D, Engine 11-10's assignment was to hit a hydrant on Side C. This was best accomplished by traveling an additional 2 blocks before making the turn.

The operator of 11-10 was in complete control, knew exactly were he was going, and was not driving recklessly.

Listen to the radio traffic, you can here the truck company on the interior with search and rescue, at this point, no water supplies have been established, heavy fire was showing, and three tennants were unaccounted for.

In the end, a total of six alarms were transmitted. One tennant suffered burns and was transported, all other occupants were eventually accounted for. Thank god there were no fatalities.

-- Be safe everyone
    Hey Hope,got a quick quesiton for you, how did the fund drive go for the rescue?

Thread Information