MembersZone Subscriber

Default Wet and Wreckless Troubles?

Hi Thanks for reading,
    I am currently working for a department as a paid call and a few years ago i recivied a wet and wreckless. I hold my hands up and admit it was my fault. I paid my fine and my driving record was never affected. Now I am looking to go forward in my chosen proffesion and i am worried that I may not be able to live out my dream of being a proffesional firefighter. Iam hoping that this will not end it all here.
    My question is at the departments that you are at would this automaticly stop me from getting hired or would it just be a hurdle.

I trully have learnt my lesson and now I want to move forward.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post

MembersZone Subscriber

What is a Wet and Wreckless? I've not heard of that charge here.

MembersZone Subscriber

My guess is a DUI.
    Jim
    Firefighter/EMT
    IACOJ
    ftm-ptb-rfb-egh-ktf-dtrt!

September 11, 2001 - NEVER FORGET!

BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES!

Forum Member

DUI's

No department wants one of their firefighters cited with a DUI. If you have already had a DUI, it's difficult but not impossible to get hired. Candidates who have been cited with wet and reckless (less than a DUI) can also have problems getting hired. A candidate who seldom drinks was stopped after his wedding reception. He was cited for wet/reckless. Even though nothing happened before this incident, over one year later, he is still having problems getting hired.

If you do a psych, the doctor could DQ you because he might feel (I have actually seen this written on a report from a psychologist) because of the pressures of the job; you could end up drinking more.

You should never bring this situation up in an oral interview unless the panel does. Many candidates feel they have to do repair work. It will only bury you. The panel probably won't because this is something that is handled with the background investigator. Either way what can you say to demonstrate and convince the powers to be what you have learned, who are you now and why it will never, ever happen again?

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the replies,

A weta nd weckless is less than a DUI but never the less it is a bad thing to have on my record. I blew a 0.07 and a 0.08 and I got arrested. The only other blemish on my record is a speeding ticket many moons ago.
    If this helps I would really like to hear your suggestions and or comments
    Thanks again
    Nic

Thread Information