Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No Whammies?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Question No Whammies?

A friend called the Helpdesk, and they said Friday would be the day for Round 1, with no hesitation whatsoever. After them saying it's tied up for the past few weeks (and they weren't lying there), at least it's a change in the answer to the same question: Who's gonna show me the money!?!

So maybe the congressfolks find out tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath since we've had more false starts since the '80 Summer Games, but it's nice to know it wasn't the same recording.

Forum Member

Ha, ha Brian . . . I beat you!!

H

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Every now and again I have to do work at work. Details.

Forum Member

That is good news. Will this speed up the questions and 1199 process? In the past the question came on a certain day and usually early in the morning. Is this still the case or are they just coming whenever? What about DJ's any idea when they come?

Bruce

I had to call the Help Desk for a question I had in regards to another matter and while I had them on the phone I couldn't help but ask. I got the same answer. "Actually, yes I do have an answer to that question. Awards will be announced this Friday" was Steve's reply. Right now I think Steve is my new best friend. I know he sure made my day!

FH Mag/.com Contributor

First round of DJs are still expected at the end of this month/first week in September, all notifications by Sept 30th.

Not2L84U2 - we're hurt, we thought we were your best friends.

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er
    Not2L84U2 - we're hurt, we thought we were your best friends.
    Awww, you guys know you're my true friends. This thing with Steve is just a fling.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Best Friend

Not2L84U2, Right now you are my best friend!.....i heard it from you 1st that announcements are this friday....i was too busy to check the forums....lol

Too busy?? HA! You forget we work at the same place. Right now Poppe is my best friend cause he brought me apple pie with ice cream. What can I say? I'm easily persuaded.

Just curious, for those of you previous winners. When your 1199a was updated on site, did you receive an additional email to verify, or are they using the same as last year? Did you also print off and send in or not?

BAClair

MembersZone Subscriber
    DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

4caster, we didn't get an e-mail, the award no. just showed up on last year's 1199. So far we haven't bee told to do anything with the 1199 and we haven't.
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

MembersZone Subscriber

Same here. Showed up on our previous 1199A.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

If you were previously awarded and the banking information hasn't changed, you won't be asked to update it. You can send it if you want, most grant administrators have said it's not necessary. They do trial runs on the accounts to verify them, that's how we found out that JP Morgan had changed the routing number without telling us. DHS called to tell us it didn't work, and we fixed it. If you haven't been awarded before and you have the 1199A link, print it and send it off now, it reduces the time between award announcement and the time when you can withdraw funds. Especially if you have to put a deposit down on a truck order. Limited of course to 25% of the federal funds, chassis prepayment not allowed, just a plain time of order deposit IF required by the sales contract (cough, hint, cough). But of course you must claim any discounts received by making said deposit, and ensure that in the end you still spent your matching or more on the entire amount, discount included.

I have that in other threads around here somewhere, so if you need the full explanation check around for threads started by me. I think I named it something about 'For those going for vehicles' or something. I'm on my way to the station now, so I'll post it when I get back if no one else finds it.

That's what I wanted to know. Probably won't be this week's award, but the way they've been doing it this year, who knows?

BAClair

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Round 1 is supposed to be everyone that's been given the 1199A and questions already. Over 2,000 awards I believe the last count was. Dang near half.

MembersZone Subscriber

[QUOTE=BC79er]If you were previously awarded and the banking information hasn't changed, you won't be asked to update it.

We were asked to update our info before we got an 1199a email for a left over 2004 afg award. Also we got another one again less than 2 weeks later , I believe our chief had already updated the information cause our account numbers changed w/the bank. I try to only check once a day to see if were are one of the lucky....

Thread Information