+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 First 12345 ... Last
    MembersZone Subscriber

Great comments George.

Fawlty: You don't think Saddam Hussein was a terrorist? How about the thousands of people he gassed? That isn't terrorism? Now, the war very well could be about oil, since we need to protect our interests and our country depends on oil for us to all get to work and make a living, but Saddam needed to be removed. He was a threat to everyone's way of life.

This woman (Cindy) makes me sick. Her son knew what he was getting into when he joined the service. They make it very clear when you join, why else would you learn to shoot weapons, practice combat maneuvers etc. This woman is upset because her child is dead, rightfully so. But grieve and honor his memory and not trample on it. It is because of brave soldiers like him that we have the right to voice our opinions.

The sad part is that now all the left wing hollywood whores are in the mix, and this gives them a louder voice. This also means we get to hear more crap spewed from the mouths of people who thing we should hear what they have to say. Ed Begley Jr? When was the last time you did anything worth wild? Richard Dreyfuss? C'mon, phone home brother.

War is hell I guess. God bless those serving in it.
    EMT-B
    Garfield Twp. Fire Department
    http://www.garfieldfire.com

Forum Member

Thats the beauty of this country, everyone has an opinion. And we all know what opinions are like.. I just saw an interesting thing on the news regarding recently released de-classified Penatgon papers. There was a big concern over the stability of a post war Iraq and the lack of a plan/exit strategy. The American public, including myself expects that our government has all their ducks in a row when sending our troops to war. A war that I support but the day I am branded a "liberal" because I dont buy into everything the Administration is handing out, is a very sad day indeed.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

I think somebody should go light this woman on fire, then when the fire department shows up they should refuse to put her out because it might be dangerous and they didn't sign up knowing that they would have to put her out. I mean, they have to think about the firefighter's parents. I'm sure she'll understand.
    When I get to hell
    The devil he will say
    "How'd you put my fires out?
    In just one day?"
    I lift my hose up higher and higher
    that's how I do it, I'm a firefighter!

Forum Member

Default Lighting someone on fire

Briilliant.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

That ain't right,man.
    Disagree with her but don't wish her any harm.There's enough of that going around as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre08
    I think somebody should go light this woman on fire, then when the fire department shows up they should refuse to put her out because it might be dangerous and they didn't sign up knowing that they would have to put her out. I mean, they have to think about the firefighter's parents. I'm sure she'll understand.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson
    That ain't right,man.
    Disagree with her but don't wish her any harm.There's enough of that going around as it is.
    I know it's not right, and I would never actually advocate anything like this. I'm just saying...
    When I get to hell
    The devil he will say
    In just one day?"

MembersZone Subscriber

There's something wrong with you. This is where intelligent discourse is put into the toilet by an ignoramous. Light her on fire? Good thought.

Forum Member

yes there are places you can get help from.
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

Forum Member

I see that satirical analogies are lost on some of you people.

So I'll break it down for ya...

Cindy = Iraq
    Person lighting on fire = Saddam
    Fire = all the torture and evil that he is guilty off
    Firefighters = U.S. Military
    When I get to hell
    The devil he will say
    In just one day?"

MembersZone Subscriber

Specter, everyone spaces once in while, just apologize and let it go.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainS
    Specter, everyone spaces once in while, just apologize and let it go.
    I won't apologize. I have nothing to be sorry for. It's not my fault you people don't understand the difference between a joke to make a point and a serious threat against somebodies life.
    When I get to hell
    The devil he will say
    In just one day?"

MembersZone Subscriber

This is interesting, as I am involved in a similar discussion on another thread.

Violence is not a joke. Violence is not appropriate. You are backpedaling.

Forum Member

Ok Spec,
    I will cut you a TINY amount of slack. You need to understand one thing. Analogy or not, we in the fire service take great umbrage to things like fire setting. Many of us have seen what happens when one human lights another on fire. Next time pick a different analogy.

Mike
    CFI
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

MembersZone Subscriber

OK first
    Spec, your analogy, although I understood what you were implying, was wrong. We do not even talk that way around here. you should apologize for using poor taste. 'nuff said

OK, on to the topic.
    I sincerely greive with Mrs. Sheenan over the loss of her son. Just as I greive with the 1900 other parents, wives, children and relatives of the other losses in this war. My problem with her little vigil and her desire to talk to President Bush is that it is nothing more than a publicity stunt. It always has been and that all it ever will be. Someone please explain to me why President Bush should meet with her. He did once and what we are all forgetting is that she was grateful for his time and his sympathy. Now all of a sudden, she has this change of heart. She believes that this is all because of the Jews. (yup, she has said that it is because of our policy in support of Israel that terrorism exists, and she has garnered the support of David Duke!) She is spouting off about how President Bush is the biggest terrorist in the world. Her comments are right out of Michael Moores script. Why should he meet with her. She wants it to be a one way conversation with her berating him on his foreign policy, and she does not want meaningful dialoge so it would be a waste of his time to do so. President Bush has time and time again showed the respect that he has for our armed services. That he mourns over the loss of every one. He has expressed his deepest sorrow to Mrs Sheenan about the loss of her son, who had signed up for a second tour in Iraq. (which tells me right there that he would not approve of his mothers actions).
    On a side note, to those that believe that President Bush lied. He used the same intelligence that President Clinton did along with many democrats who wrote a letter to President Clinton asking him to take care of Iraq, once and for all. The Intelligence was wrong. Saddam Hussein did a great job in making everyone think that he did have the weapons. It is believed that he did so because he thought that while we thought he had them we wouldn't do anything about it. This does not prove that he did not want them or was trying to get them. The whole nigerian report that was "proved false" was done so not by an independent investigation but was done so by Joe Wilson who went down to nigeria just to prove that there was no such connection. He was there, met with a couple of people and declared the report false although he never met with anyone in the intelligence reports.
    Many countries believed, including the UN Security council that he had the weapons, they just wanted more time to find them. Saddaam Hussein was give ultimatum after ultimatum which he scoffed at and tried his best to appear as though he had the weapons. he had 12 years to hide them in a country as big as his. (heck we can't even find an 18yo girl in aruba) Sadaam was a threat to this country, he supported terrorist operations. Maybe not directly Al-Queda but he supported terrorists. He gave them money, and according to this Abel Danger report we have confirmed that Muhhamed Atta met with the Iraqi minister of finance prior to 9-11. (Those that say he didn't because his cell phone was used here in the US, well have you never let anyone use your cell phone) (His wouldn't work there anyway.)
    And beyond all that, Even without the WMD, the fact that this man and his Army were raping and pillaging and starving and murdering his own people should be cause enough to stir up the anger in our hearts to stop it. 120,00+ people lost their lives in th tsunami in Indian Ocean. We all cried about the tragedy of it all. Do you realize that Sadaam laughed at that number because he killed over 300,000 of his own. The people there had no say. If they rose up he squashed them. We stopped the Genocide in Serbia and Bosnia and Iraq. We need to do more. We need to stop the genocide in Rawanda and in Africa. But our national security cames first.
    I do think that this was was about oil. Indirectly of course. Not because President Bush wanted it for his "cronies", but because the world requires a steady and uninterrupted supply of it. An unstable Middle east is an unstable world. Iraq was one of the major destabilizing forces in the area. Terrorist trained there. opur troops have uncovered location after location where terrorist trained and set up camp.
    We need to stay in the fight, help the people of Iraq get back on their feet. Our soldiers have helped rebuild schools and hospitals that Sadaam let fall apart as he was building his gold lined palaces. Th epeople of Iraq are better off and will be better off in the future. This is not an easy process. We never had an exit stategy for Germany after WWII. No one ever said we will be done there on such and such a date. We pledged to get Europe back on it feet and we did it took decades. Why would anyone think that we could do it a two years in Iraq.
    Back to Cindy Sheenan, my heart cries out to you for your loss. Your Son died a hero to this country and he will be remembered as such. You have your right to protest this war. By all means please do, I can understand it if you were just protesting the war, but your not. you have a history of cussing out the leaders of this country and you are spouting off anti-semitic drivel. Protest in peace but please get the facts straight. Don't accuse a man of being an uncaring b-terd and a terrorist without getting your ducks in a row. I know that you really believe the BS that youve been hearing from Michael Moore and Howard Dean and the Hollywood crowd. But do some research on your own before you let the accusations fly.
    Mourn your son, and don't try to make his sacrifice in vain.
    To those whom much has been given, much shall be required.
    Chickens don't really exist....they are actually eggs with legs!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default About Spec...

Sheesh,

Kids these days.......
    Be safe y'all!
    IACOJ Animal Control
    Ladder 8
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

Forum Member

Very well. I will edit my remarks to be "less offensive"

I think somebody should go light this woman's house on fire, then when the fire department shows up they should refuse to put it out because it might be dangerous and they didn't sign up knowing that they would have to put out her house in particular. I mean, they have to think about the firefighter's parents. I'm sure she'll understand.

there you go, now nobody gets hurt
    When I get to hell
    The devil he will say
    In just one day?"

MembersZone Subscriber
    Maryland (but always a Long Islander first)

Mother Supports Bush
    Son Killed in Baghdad on Jan. 7, 2004

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...081801401.html
    "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
    -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    5. Who in the hell does she think she is? George W. Bush is not an insurance salesman. He is the leader of the most powerful nation on earth and that nation is at war. Do you suppose that he might have something better to do than meet with er for a second time?
    Since he is a public servant, that would make her his boss.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86
    Since he is a public servant, that would make her his boss.
    He's as personally accountable to her as Bill Gates is to a person who owns a single share of Microsoft stock.
    When I get to hell
    The devil he will say
    In just one day?"

Forum Member

He's as personally accountable to her as Bill Gates is to a person who owns a single share of Microsoft stock.
    Not a bad analogy I guess. But Gates' decisions haven't cost anyone their lives nor has he spent almost $200B on an effort that wasn't going to cost the taxpayers a dime. Technically I guess that is true. It has cost much more than a dime.

We're already starting to see what I consider part of the upside down logic of this administration and its apologists. The war isn't going as well as expected and liberals are being blamed.

Cracks me up since it was pushed by a GOP President with the help of a GOP majority Congress.

Yes I know there are dems who voted for this, but it is the GOP who controls the agenda.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

District Chief

I think she has done more to smear her own name as well as her son. He died a hero saving american lives (indirectly). I lost a 3rd cousing in Iraq last week and his parents are sad that he is gone, but they are proud that he died serving his country and they will forever miss him and remember him as he left them on the way to serve his country.

God bless all our service men and women and may he watch over them all so that no more die....but if and when they do, may he comfort their families.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Forum Member

Who the hell is Cindy Sheehan, and why does anyone care about her?
    -Bozz

Air Force Medic

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by captstanm1
    He died a hero saving american lives (indirectly).

actually he dies saving american lives quite directly. He died while on a RESCUE MISSION that he VOLUNTEERED for.
    When I get to hell
    The devil he will say
    In just one day?"

Forum Member

Angry My two cents...

I would rather deal with the mother complaining in Crawford all day than the
    mother complaining in Aruba for 10 minutes.

I think Mrs. Sheenan is excercising the very rights that everyone "thinks" her son died for. He did not die for his country, Bush, the flag or any of this other crap that makes folks "feel" good. He died to save his buddies. Now thats a Fu#$ing American Hero!!!

Anyone who does not believe she has that right has no right believing in the war, the sacrifices the soldiers have made or any of the other "stuff" i could write.

Go ahead, be patriotic, fly your flag, put the yellow ribbon on your SUV and then say, "She has no right to protest."

Geez....

Forum Member

I don't think anybody is saying she shouldn't have the right to protest. She very much has every right to protest.

What we're saying is that we also have every right to yell at her and call her nasty names for trashing her sons good name and draging him around like a banner for her own political agenda. If she has a right to protest Bush, then we have a right to protest her.
    When I get to hell
    The devil he will say
    In just one day?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 First 12345 ... Last

Thread Information