Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Very well. I will edit my remarks to be "less offensive"

I think somebody should go light this woman's house on fire, then when the fire department shows up they should refuse to put it out because it might be dangerous and they didn't sign up knowing that they would have to put out her house in particular. I mean, they have to think about the firefighter's parents. I'm sure she'll understand.

there you go, now nobody gets hurt
    When I get to hell
    The devil he will say
    "How'd you put my fires out?
    In just one day?"
    I lift my hose up higher and higher
    that's how I do it, I'm a firefighter!

Maryland (but always a Long Islander first)

Mother Supports Bush
    Son Killed in Baghdad on Jan. 7, 2004

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...081801401.html
    "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
    -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    5. Who in the hell does she think she is? George W. Bush is not an insurance salesman. He is the leader of the most powerful nation on earth and that nation is at war. Do you suppose that he might have something better to do than meet with er for a second time?
    Since he is a public servant, that would make her his boss.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86
    Since he is a public servant, that would make her his boss.
    He's as personally accountable to her as Bill Gates is to a person who owns a single share of Microsoft stock.
    When I get to hell
    The devil he will say
    In just one day?"

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre08
    He's as personally accountable to her as Bill Gates is to a person who owns a single share of Microsoft stock.
    Not a bad analogy I guess. But Gates' decisions haven't cost anyone their lives nor has he spent almost $200B on an effort that wasn't going to cost the taxpayers a dime. Technically I guess that is true. It has cost much more than a dime.

We're already starting to see what I consider part of the upside down logic of this administration and its apologists. The war isn't going as well as expected and liberals are being blamed.

Cracks me up since it was pushed by a GOP President with the help of a GOP majority Congress.

Yes I know there are dems who voted for this, but it is the GOP who controls the agenda.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

I think she has done more to smear her own name as well as her son. He died a hero saving american lives (indirectly). I lost a 3rd cousing in Iraq last week and his parents are sad that he is gone, but they are proud that he died serving his country and they will forever miss him and remember him as he left them on the way to serve his country.

God bless all our service men and women and may he watch over them all so that no more die....but if and when they do, may he comfort their families.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Forum Member

Who the hell is Cindy Sheehan, and why does anyone care about her?
    -Bozz

Air Force Medic

Quote Originally Posted by captstanm1
    He died a hero saving american lives (indirectly).

actually he dies saving american lives quite directly. He died while on a RESCUE MISSION that he VOLUNTEERED for.
    When I get to hell
    The devil he will say
    In just one day?"

Forum Member

Angry My two cents...

I would rather deal with the mother complaining in Crawford all day than the
    mother complaining in Aruba for 10 minutes.

I think Mrs. Sheenan is excercising the very rights that everyone "thinks" her son died for. He did not die for his country, Bush, the flag or any of this other crap that makes folks "feel" good. He died to save his buddies. Now thats a Fu#$ing American Hero!!!

Anyone who does not believe she has that right has no right believing in the war, the sacrifices the soldiers have made or any of the other "stuff" i could write.

Go ahead, be patriotic, fly your flag, put the yellow ribbon on your SUV and then say, "She has no right to protest."

Geez....

I don't think anybody is saying she shouldn't have the right to protest. She very much has every right to protest.

What we're saying is that we also have every right to yell at her and call her nasty names for trashing her sons good name and draging him around like a banner for her own political agenda. If she has a right to protest Bush, then we have a right to protest her.
    When I get to hell
    The devil he will say
    In just one day?"

Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

News is that she is leaving the site (yeah for me) and going back home for her sick mother. Hopefully the news media will leave and we can get back to other things.

The news here got complaints from alot of people since all they were reporting on was her, so they had to do the other side for a bit. Since she is local news, there hasn't been much else to report other then the crime rate and all.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Forum Member

Angry Spectre...

You said she should be set on fire.....

You have recently joined the military. The militarys job is supposed to be to protect the constitution and freedoms of America. I served 8 active duty years, so i can say that.

I think it is supporting the troops by saying they should be brought home when they should not have been there in the first place. Everyone has their right to comment and protest.

But to say that one of them who protests should be set on fire for it, well, that kind of sounds like something they would say in North Korea, China or the sorts.

Soectre, take a moment and reflect on why you joined the Air Force. Set her on Fire? Thats shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by turnout733
    You said she should be set on fire.....

You have recently joined the military. The militarys job is supposed to be to protect the constitution and freedoms of America. I served 8 active duty years, so i can say that.

I think it is supporting the troops by saying they should be brought home when they should not have been there in the first place. Everyone has their right to comment and protest.

But to say that one of them who protests should be set on fire for it, well, that kind of sounds like something they would say in North Korea, China or the sorts.

Soectre, take a moment and reflect on why you joined the Air Force. Set her on Fire? Thats shameful.
    for the LAST TIME. I did not say to set her on fire. I was not advocating such an action. I was making a point. Were somebody to set this bitch on fire, she should understand if the firefighters decide not to put her out because of the danger to themselves.

It was an ANALOGY. But some of you don't seem to understand what an ANALOGY is.
    When I get to hell
    The devil he will say
    In just one day?"

Forum Member

"The war hasn't gone as well as expected" ....

The more I hear this comment, the more it baffles me. How many wars have gone "as well as expected" ? Think about most of the conflicts we have been in ... Korea, Vietnam, World War I were all meatgrinders that saw little or no progress at times. Even WWII had moments where todays liberals may have said "it's too costly .. lets pull out" (Guadacanal, Siapan, Iwo Jima, Okinawa, "Hedgerow Country", etc...). the reality is that we lost as many boys in 2 hours on the beaches of Tairwai (spelling may be off) that we have lost in this entire conflict. It just seems to me that society today has such an expectation of immediatte success and data-base neatness that anything beyond that seems to demand an answer to the question "well why didn't you foresee that?".

Stay the course.

I think all anybody has to do to see just how successful this campaign is is to look at it in comparison to Vietnam, Korea, or any SINGLE battle in WWII.

The unheard of LOW numbers of American casualties is just amazing. 3 years and barely 1000 men lost. That's astonishing. When we went into this confict I would have guessed 10 times that many loses in the initial engagement.
    When I get to hell
    The devil he will say
    In just one day?"

Forum Member

There is a distinct difference as to why we were in WWI and why we are still in iraq, those reasons cannot even be slightly compared. If it could be, there would not be such a public outcry. Americans are by nature patriotic. You did not witness the public distaste like this in WWII.

Spectre...Good luck in your enlistment. If you end up in Iraq, don't ever complain, don't ever wonder why they won't bring you home. Supporting the troops means the public should shut up and go along for whatever ride the present administration takes you on, right? The military does not end wars, the public does. Remember, the folks who support you enough to say bring you home will and should be set on fire.

Hmmm...Vietnam is coming to mind more and more each day...

How on earth does Vietnam even come to mind? What about the 2 are similar?

There is no formal enemy left in Iraq, the "insurgents" couldn't mount an effective offensive if they all attacked the same place at the same time. They are underequiped, undermanned, spread out over the entire country, have no formal intelligence or recon capabilities, and not enough numbers to even consider pushing the UNITED STATES MILITARY out of a single base, let alone the entire country.

We're losing on average less than 10 men a week in combat, tell me what other war have we had that kind of kill/loss ratio? More police officers are probably killed in this country every week than that. I guess we should pull out of America too.

We toppled a corrupt despot who was a danger to the entire region, a region that is economically VITAL to the rest of the world. I'd like Bush to say we went in just for oil, I think that would have been a BETTER justification than going in for WMDs. Our country SHOULD be fighting to secure and control oil reserves as large as those in Iraq, not to would be just plain stupid in the long run.

And I don't think anybody who says "bring our troops home" is supporting the troops AT ALL. If you support the troops your support them doing their job, you don't tell them to quit. You don't support policemen by telling them not to patrol high crime areas, you don't support firefighters by telling them not to respond to fires.

Our soldiers signed up KNOWING they might have to go to war. And we've been at war long enough the quite a few people signed up after we started, so they knew EXACTLY what their chances of going to Iraq were. If they didn't wanna go, they shouldn't have enlisted, simple as that. There are other ways to pay for college than carrying an M16.

I'd be more than excited to go to Iraq. I think what we're doing there is noble and a moral obligation, and anything I can do to help is worthy of my life if necessary. And I'm confidant that if I fell in Iraq, no matter what I was doing, that my parents wouldn't be out dragging my name and my career around like a flag to use for political gain. They'd be like the hundreds of other parents who look at this bitch in Crawford and shake their heads.

I'm an adult, I signed my name on the dotted line. I know what I'm signing up for.

And yes, I'll go along for whatever ride this President, or the next President decide to send me on. Why? BECUASE IT'S MY JOB. Do you refuse to go fight fires in neighborhoods you don't like? Or neighborhoods you don't think are worth saving becasue the people look, talk, or act differently than you? I would hope not, or you don't belong in this business.

I look at the military the same way. We know how to do it, and we're damn good at it. We have a moral obligation to do what we can to help other people where we can.

I don't get out and protest when Clintoon went into Somalia, Kosovo, or any of the other dozens of places he sent our troops to die. And many of them were FAR more futile and hard fought than anything our troops are seeing in Iraq.
    When I get to hell
    The devil he will say
    In just one day?"

Oh, and there is a public outcry in this country because the generation of people protesting, 20 - 50 have never seen a REAL war. They've never seen what has to be done. They've grown up with movies and video games, instant gratification. They expected us to roll into Iraq, set up a government, and be out in 6 months. Slam, bam, thank you ma'am.

These same bunch of panty waist ingrates would be out in the streets RIOTING if they'd been around during WWII. People back then supported the war because they UNDERSTOOD IT. They UNDERSTOOD what was at risk. Our country wasn't directly at risk any time during the war. Hawaii wasn't even a state yet, they attacked a base of ours on foreign soil. There is no way any army could have gotten even CLOSE the U.S. The people of america are in greater danger NOW than they were at any time during any other war.
    When I get to hell
    The devil he will say
    In just one day?"

And another thing. My grandfather is a 20 yet of Air Force Intelligence. He was IN vietnam for 2 tours and earned 2 bronze stars, a purple heart, and several other medals for meritorious service there.

He doesn't like bush, he didn't agree with the war when we went in, he still doesn't. But one thing he REALLY hates is when he hears people comparing this to Vietnam. He in no way supports pulling out our troops until the job we started is DONE. He saw first hand what happens when you quit something half way through before you're done. He would have prefered that we never went in, but as much a mistake as he thinks it was to go in he realizes that to pull out now would be 10000 times worse.
    When I get to hell
    The devil he will say
    In just one day?"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre08
    Oh, and there is a public outcry in this country because the generation of people protesting, 20 - 50 have never seen a REAL war. They've never seen what has to be done. They've grown up with movies and video games, instant gratification. They expected us to roll into Iraq, set up a government, and be out in 6 months. Slam, bam, thank you ma'am.

These same bunch of panty waist ingrates would be out in the streets RIOTING if they'd been around during WWII. People back then supported the war because they UNDERSTOOD IT. They UNDERSTOOD what was at risk. Our country wasn't directly at risk any time during the war. Hawaii wasn't even a state yet, they attacked a base of ours on foreign soil. There is no way any army could have gotten even CLOSE the U.S. The people of america are in greater danger NOW than they were at any time during any other war.

Uhh... ever heard of the Cuban Missile Crisis?

Oh wait, we weren't technically at war then, so I guess your statement is correct.

And I guess you weren't around then, so you couldn't have known.

You're going to learn a LOT in basic training. Lets see you argue with your TI like this.
    Last edited by Plattsfire2; 08-20-2005 at 12:50 PM.

Thread Information