Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber thejdubb02's Avatar

Lightbulb Student section...

I think there should be a area on the board specifically for students. Where we can ask questions and get answers.

I understand that you can ask questions in any section, but you run the risk of getting ignored or you get answers you arent lookig for.

It should be moderated so that only posts that are posted are ACTUAL answers. (Not smart *** comments) I think that this would benefit all of the fire/ems stundents a lot.

That is all.
    "You don't know what a real family is until you spend a day at the firehouse"

Visit my "fire stories blog" here.

I'll second that

MembersZone Subscriber ftfdverbenec770's Avatar

you know. thats a really good idea. their alot of people asking real questions and their really isnt a good spot to ask them.

the only thing that i can think of is that you might not get alot of people looking at that thread at first. unless people just view threads through the " New Posts" feature, it might not get alot of answers to your questions. but then again, could be wrong.

good luck with the thread, i think it would be a great idea
    Your a daisy if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by ftfdverbenec770
    you know. thats a really good idea. their alot of people asking real questions and their really isnt a good spot to ask them.

the only thing that i can think of is that you might not get alot of people looking at that thread at first. unless people just view threads through the " New Posts" feature, it might not get alot of answers to your questions. but then again, could be wrong.

good luck with the thread, i think it would be a great idea

You are right about people not seeing it, but if people are truly into the idea they will stop by and share any information about the subject as they can.

I know that I would use this feature a lot, since I am erolled in fire science classes right now. I have plenty of question, but I am very uneasy about posting them in an uncontrolled environment, based on the fact people dont really care for the most part, and will post random crap.

I hope the Firehouse.com staff hears us! We'll see what happens!

Well... I dont know if anyone is interested...

MembersZone Subscriber

I think that is a really good idea.

I have a lot of questions (seeing as I'm just starting out) and I honestly don't have anyone to ask. At school they kind of just teach you basics, give you tests, ect..but never really gave an answer to questions about what I should do to continue education. I got a "it's going to be tough, you really have to want it.." which, if I didn't want it I wouldn't have wasted my time going this far..

I think it would be very beneficial to have a space on the forums for the students!

Hello all:

If you really think about it, all of the threads are for students. Everyone on this entire forum is a student. We are all students in this huge network and it's great.

Don't be afraid to pop into ANY firefighting area and start a thread asking ANY question you want the answer to. I am sure the same holds true for EMS, Technical Rescue, Fire Prevention, etc...

We all do it, and if someone knows an answer or has an opinion for you, then they become an instructor for their post. I never had this forum when I started out to bounce things off of other people in the profession. I have 12 years in the fire service and learn something everyday (many days, I learn something from here).

You just have to remember that their are people from all walks of life, many fire departments around THE WORLD (yes, you heard me right), and they have many different ways to do something. Some of them work, some do not. The great thing is, I can ask someone how to force an inward opening door on a forcible entry thread and have 30 people give me 20 different ways how to do it. Someone from London will tell me what they do, someone from Illinois will give their input, and then someone from the West Coast will throw in their way also. You might be able to pick little things up from each of them all the way down to a preferred hand position on the halligan bar. Pick what is right for you and try it out!

That's the beauty of the forums!

Nate DeMarse
    FDNY Engine 68
    Good Luck, Stay Low & Stay Safe

Nate DeMarse
    Co-Owner, Brotherhood Instructors, LLC.
    http://brotherhoodinstructors.com
    Facebook Users: Join us here
    -------------------------------
    GET IN THE JOB, BE A STUDENT OF THE JOB!

MembersZone Subscriber KYFireMedic1's Avatar

Good job Nate! Very well put.
    KyFireMedic
    Leather Forever ** FTM~PTB
    I'm clear, you're clea... OOPS... Sorry.. my bad..

"If Prometheus was worthy of the wrath of heaven for kindling the first fire upon earth, how ought all the gods to honor the men who make it their professional business to put it out?" John Godfrey Saxe

Thread Information