Forum Member

Default Emergency entertainment

Emergency entertainment?Is this about what are the favorite things to do at the firehouse or what do we find funny on the fireground?Or is it what to do when the Tv is full of reality shows and no one can find the remote control?

Forum Member

this is quite possibly going to be the best subforum
    When I get to hell
    The devil he will say
    "How'd you put my fires out?
    In just one day?"
    I lift my hose up higher and higher
    that's how I do it, I'm a firefighter!

Forum Member

WebTeam, are you gonna move the Rescue Me thread over here?
    When I get to hell
    The devil he will say
    "How'd you put my fires out?
    In just one day?"
    I lift my hose up higher and higher
    that's how I do it, I'm a firefighter!

Forum Member

Lets see...We all like to watch sports, or a good movie. If theres nothing on we fall back on PS2 or the "net".
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1983
    Lets see...We all like to watch sports, or a good movie. If theres nothing on we fall back on PS2 or the "net".
    "The Net": Gack! What a horrible movie!

http://movieweb.com/movies/film.php?2156
    We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering.

Forum Member

tsk tsk sir. Sandra Bullock.

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Skwerl530
    "The Net": Gack! What a horrible movie!

http://movieweb.com/movies/film.php?2156
    And what is wrong with Sandra Bullock in a swimsuit sitting on the beach?
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

MembersZone Subscriber

I guess I'm antisocial but in my bunk I got a 20 inch flat screen and I either bring my PS2 up or my X-Box and normally its around 11 or 12 that I finally turn the thing off. I'm tempted to bring my cheap surround sound system up there and turn my bunk into gamer's paradise

Forum Member

My favourite form of Emergency entertainment has been the continuous "Paid vs. Vollie" and " Why can't I have lights?" discussions.

Unfortunately they have seemed to have died off along with the " Fog vs. Smoothbore".

First Gilligan and now this......

Forum Member

The world goes to Hell when you get to the Virgin Islands and can't find one anywhere,doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz363
    First Gilligan and now this......

Forum Member

I dont think anything can quite beat the old game of snake on your mobile phone. Oh and picking on newbies and teaching them stuff they will never need to know. Its amazing how much useless information you can teach them and they absorb it like a towel. Try telling them the reason that you use a certain type of soap at your firehouse is because some types react with firefighting foam. They will believe you, and next time you are at their house, go to the bathroom and take note, it WILL be the type of soap at the firehouse.

I was once one of them and i got my share, so now they deserve theirs.
    "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

Forum Member

You need to bond with your teammates,there,my friend.Either share with the house or take that stuff home.
    There shouldn't be any "one dog,one bone motherf*****s"in any firehouse,paid or volunteer.
    You rely on them to look out for you,you need to make sure that they can and will rely on you to look out for theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by JHR1985
    I guess I'm antisocial but in my bunk I got a 20 inch flat screen and I either bring my PS2 up or my X-Box and normally its around 11 or 12 that I finally turn the thing off. I'm tempted to bring my cheap surround sound system up there and turn my bunk into gamer's paradise

Forum Member

Nothing beats tying a proby or two around the post to the sand volleyball court and dousing him with a concoction made of left overs from the kitchen. Or putting a proby on "weather watch" with the air traffic control tower....old Air Force trick. Weather watch; First, a few guys hide outside with some pressurized H2O extinguishers. Then you get the air traffic control tower in on the stunt to signal back with their lights. Then you send the proby onto the FD tarmack that leads to the airfield which is in site of the air traffic control tower with a couple colored flashlights. But you first have to make up some cockamamy signals for this proby to give the tower. Then when he least expects it those few guys that were hiding jump out of nowhere and hose him down with those H2O extinguishers.

Forum Member

We found out about this FNG reporting aboard literally as we were slipping our moorings to transit to Norfolk from CHASN for an overhaul.
    The Chief had his name passed on the 1MC to report to the forecastle for Mail buoy watch.The guy arrived all flustered because he was brand new aboard,and didn't know he'd already been assigned a watch.
    After the required chewing out for not reading the Plan of the day,newbie got rigged for watch:huge purple phone talkers helmet that looks like Dath Vader's helmet,a sound powered phone hooked up to an unused circuit,binoculars with shoe polish on the rims,oversized rubber boots,safety harness and cargo straps draped over him to avoid going overboard,and a boathook to catch the mail buoy.
    While we were making comments about hoping to get mail today,the ship arrived at the channel buoy("2 Charlie")and turned north to clear the harbor entrance.
    The Chief started hollering that he'd"Missed the mother bleepin' buoy now we gotta blankin' go back and waste time pickin' the God CENSORED thing up,what is WRONG with you Sea-MAN Hornsby?Or did they send me Muthaeffing Gilligan again?".
    Even the Captain was watching from the bridge and having a fine old time laughing about that.Last I heard,the newbie had made good and ended up getting out as a Senior Chief Bosun Craftmaster out of Groton.

Quote Originally Posted by DugdogFiredog
    Or putting a proby on "weather watch" with the air traffic control tower....old Air Force trick. .

MembersZone Subscriber

You need to bond with your teammates,there,my friend.Either share with the house or take that stuff home.
    Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah.. I'm around them enough. When I get my free time, I want to do what I want to do. Which is kill lots and lots of nazis, aliens, gunslingers, and fluffy rabbits. Besides, what if I dont like them?

Thread Information