Thread: Congrats!!

Forum Member

Default Congrats!!

Congrats to 2 FD's in Northwest Ohio who got word today that they are getting FIRE Act Grants!!!

You know who you are....... I'll wait for someone from within to announce it or for it to be released before I give names......
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by firenresq77
    Congrats to 2 FD's in Northwest Ohio who got word today that they are getting FIRE Act Grants!!!

You know who you are....... I'll wait for someone from within to announce it or for it to be released before I give names......
    Well I know it ain't us

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WTFD10
    Well I know it ain't us
    Ditto........
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber
    Last edited by tyler101; 08-25-2005 at 05:38 PM.

Forum Member

Talking

Press Release of Senator DeWine

WILMOT RECEIVES FIREFIGHTING GRANT THROUGH DEWINE BILL

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Click here for
    U.S. Senator Mike DeWine (R-OH) today announced that Wilmot Fire & Rescue, Inc. will receive $35,202 as part of his Firefighter Investment and Response Enhancement (FIRE) Act, which provides competitive grants to local fire departments to help them better serve and protect residents and their property.

Senator DeWine wrote and passed the FIRE Act (S. 1941) in 2000, establishing a grant program dedicated to providing federal assistance to local fire departments. Senator DeWine’s legislation increased the federal commitment to firefighting and emergency response services. During the fiscal year 2005 appropriations process, Senator DeWine, a member of the Appropriations Committee, helped secure $650 million for the FIRE Act. In the fiscal year 2004 appropriations process, Senator DeWine passed an updated version of the bill that improves the FIRE Act by adding a provision guaranteeing federal funding for Emergency Medical Services (EMS) and extending the entire program through 2010. Since 2001, more than 878 separate grants have been awarded to Ohio fire departments, totaling more than $73 million. This money will assist in firefighting and fire prevention programs, and can be used to fund firefighter health and safety programs, acquire new firefighting equipment, and enhance EMS programs.

“I am pleased to know that Wilmot families and the Wilmot Fire & Rescue, Inc. will benefit from this grant,” said Senator DeWine. “I acknowledge the many sacrifices that firefighters and rescue workers make each and every day while protecting our families, homes, and businesses from the devastating effects of fire. By working to pass and fund the FIRE Act, we have ensured that fire departments in Ohio and elsewhere will have the resources to meet future service demands.”

The Office of Domestic Preparedness (ODP), part of the Department of Homeland Security, awards the grants through a competitive need-based process. Approximately 20,000 fire departments nationwide applied for grants in 2005, and ODP expects to award nearly 7,000 in 2005. The U.S. Fire Administration processes the applications and 300 fire service representatives from across the United States review the grant requests.

Forum Member

Well, here are links to Press Releases........

http://dewine.senate.gov/pressapp/record.cfm?id=244937

http://dewine.senate.gov/pressapp/record.cfm?id=244934

Schnikes...... Here's another one of our neighbors......

http://dewine.senate.gov/pressapp/record.cfm?id=244935

Congrats to all 3!!!!!!!
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Ya its us ......we done got it ............new SCBA ! Masks for everyone .......I cant believe we got the grant.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Talking we did too

we're in NE Ohio but we found out that we're getting awarded!! This was our first try at any grants at all. I have only been on the dept. for under 2 years and really took this on as my baby...the asst. chief and I put a lot of work into this and it really paid off.
    CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO GOT IT!! ....and good luck to those who haven't heard anything yet.

MembersZone Subscriber

Departments like ours (WTFD) who operate on a shoe string budget and have top hold several pancake and other fundraisers to purchase new equipment dont get those grants. Congrats to those in our area that did, for some this is their second award. So much for spreading out the wealth.

Forum Member

Locally in this round ...........Huron City, Gibsonburg, Bettsville ! Good job.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Count the eastern side of Ohio in now. Didn’t get the call from our Senator how ever our local report that takes great care of us call. She said “I see that you received a grant for $56,631 what can you tell me about it.” Told her it was great news, that the senators get the news on Wednesday and they get to release it. If not I would not have found out till Friday. She wrote us up a nice little story for the paper. New turn out gear an Amkus combie tool and vehicle stabilization kit coming to Glenmoor VFD.
    Training does not make perfect. Training makes permanent!

IACOJ probie

Forum Member

http://www.reviewonline.com/news/sto...04grant928.asp

Glenmoor VFD receives $56,000 Grant

By JENN TODD/Review Staff Writer

GLENMOOR - The Glenmoor Volunteer Fire Department was awarded $56,630 Wednesday as part of Ohio Senator Mike DeWine's Firefighter Investment and Response Enhancement Act.

The act, written and passed in 2000, provides competitive grants to local fire departments to help them better serve and protect the residents of their community.

"I am pleased to know that East Liverpool families and the Glenmoor Volunteer Fire Department will benefit from this grant," Senator DeWine said in a press release. "I acknowledge the many sacrifices that firefighters and rescue workers make each and every day while protecting our families, homes and businesses from the devastating effects of fire. "

According to Vice President and Captain Max Linville, the Glenmoor VFD applied for the $56,630 grant in April. The money will be used to fund 24 sets of turnout gear and a new Jaws of Life rescue tool system, complete with a vehicle stabilization kit.
    Training does not make perfect. Training makes permanent!

IACOJ probie

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Congrats Glenmoor........

Wilmot, Dellroy (love the lake and lodge), and other winners.

my 2nd department was awarded in the 1st round for a new tanker. hope the "easterly" trend continues.....my primary department could really use the new turnouts we requested.
    the motto of every midnight shift dispatcher - "I'm up - You're up"

Thread Information