Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Forum Member

PS

I have a Whelen Dash King, Whelen Slimlighter, and a 90W six-outlet strobe pack running a double head Code3 dashlight and hide-aways in the front turn-signals and tail lamps.

So, flame away, oh great haters of the lights.
    Stupid People.......Providing Job Security to Public Safety Professionals for ........forever

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMikey
    That was the worst run in I have had. I lost count on how many I have seen in this year alone.

Im not saying that all people with pov lights should stop. I am saying that major changes need to take place that govern who can and who cant use pov lights. Penalties need to be strengthend and enforced.
    This is where the command leadership of the department should step up and tell their members that if they violate station policies / traffic laws, then they will lose red light permits or be terminated. My chief has made it very clear to all members what the consequences are for violations. He has made it very clear to our Sheriff and to our state patrol that he expects his guys to uphold the highest standards of the department. If they get a complaint or witness an unsafe act, they are expected to do their job in regards to whatever citations and enforcement action they feel necessary.

This has worked for my department and departments that I have volunteered for around me.
    Stupid People.......Providing Job Security to Public Safety Professionals for ........forever

Forum Member

So tell us, Capt. Mikey, did you make a complaint to the police, or to the department of the guy who passed you? Or did you just "let a brother slide"?

And how will you feel when he kills someone ""responding"" ?

For me, "brotherhood" stops when lives are at stake.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by trytobeatfire
    Can anyone tell me what is the best emergency light for my personal vehicle?

If you are looking for a dash light LEED Lights makes a great light. Depending on what you want the price is between $80 and $150. if you have any questions you can e mail me at chadcardwell@charter.net

Thread Information