Thread: Round 2 is out

Forum Member

Default Round 2 is out

Round #2 has been announced to the departments. Heard on our local news this morning that round #2 is out with 2 local departments getting awards. As usual as it has been since the beginning of the grants, my department did not get an award. I have a question that I hope someone can answer. Our Chief does not send in fire reports to the state(NFIRS reports), How important are those reports to the grant process? The reason he does not is because he don't like to do them and he will not do them electronically, so I have no idea why we have a $3000.00 computer in the fire station, since no one uses it except to surf the net and play games on it. If anyine can help let me know.

MembersZone Subscriber

I believe they are looking tom see if you turn your NFIRs in or not. I know ehen you get the standard questions they want to make sure you are reporting your NFIRs.

We just got notified this mrning they we got a grant.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Reporting to NFIRS is a requirement after receiving the award, so it's not a prerequisite, although it doesn't hurt to be reporting already because that's what they sometimes use to make sure there aren't any inflated call volumes on apps to try and get past the computer. Yes, it has been done, and people caught.

Forum Member

Is there a round 2 listing yet?

I think we got ours, but I'm not positive. Overheard the Chief and a few occifers discussing the equipment that we're going to be purchasing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

MembersZone Subscriber

Exclamation

No there is not. What is happening is that many of the congressional representatives office's have recieved their email listing of who will be in the second round and the calls are starting to be made and newswires and press releases are occuring but, the official list of all awards has not, and will not be posted until tomorrow.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Got my 10 questions twice...Once in early July and again in early August. We have the 2005 number on our 2004 1199 too. Still nothing. Called about getting questions twice they said it doesn't mean a thing. Last year went so much smoother.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Just means that someone didn't mark your answers the first time around or something along those lines. You have the 10Q's and 1199A, it's only a matter of time until it's all in black and white on the awards page.

Thread Information