Thread: Scott Eagle

Forum Member

Default Scott Eagle

Anybody know anything about the Scott Eagle? I came into work this morning to find one in the DC 's car. We have it on a trial as were looking to replace our old TIC.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Protective Economist

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1983
    Anybody know anything about the Scott Eagle? I came into work this morning to find one in the DC 's car. We have it on a trial as were looking to replace our old TIC.
    If it is the original Scott Eagle, I believe it is a discontinued model. Scott is currently marketing the Scott Eagle 160 and the Scott Eagle X. Both are "small form factor" microbolometers. They use the same engine, but have slightly different features and ergonomics.
    My comments are sometimes educated, sometimes informed and sometimes just blowing smoke...but they are always mine and mine alone and do not reflect upon anyone else (especially my employer).

Forum Member

Different ergonomics? I'll say;like the difference between dragging a VW engine or a cantalope.I've got two of the VW engines(Eagle 1's)Dave ,an Eagle_(insert model number here)would be helpful.And I just gotta ask:What's it doing in the DC's car? T.C.
    Last edited by Rescue101; 09-07-2005 at 04:45 PM.

Forum Member

Wink problem but fixable

We just installed 12 of the new Scott Eagle 160's. We have the 12 volt charge plates that keep the camera and one spare battery charged. When the unit fired up the charger quit working unless the fuse was pulled and reinserted. A call to Scott confirmed a change in vendors and a problem with the new chargers. They are sending us new 12v inverters which we will replace that are supposed to cure the problem. This requires removal of the charger plate, splitting the charge plate, removing the inverter and install the new one and then putting the whole thing back together again. At least they "fessed up" and have a fix, I can live with that. This is just an FYI in case anyone has these and is having this problem.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101
    Different ergonomics? I'll say;like the difference between dragging a VW engine or a cantalope.I've got two of the VW engines(Eagle 1's)Dave ,an Eagle_(insert model number here)would be helpful.And I just gotta ask:What's it doing in the DC's car? T.C.
    Cause the DC goes to all fires in our area. If we put it on our engine, it wouldnt be available for our truck when it runs with MA units on the far east side of our area. If it was on the truck, it wouldnt be available to the engine when it runs with MA units on the far north end. And in either case, our squad (heavy rescue) wouldnt have it for the far south end.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Forum Member

Dave,Thanks,I think you know why I asked.Now how about a model number.Got water? T.C.

Forum Member

We use the Eagle 160 as well as the delapitated cairns helmet - used the 160 a ton over the last month. The only problem that I have had was when the screen fogged up! Sudden change in temp caused mask to fog and camera to fog - made it very hard to see. Quick mask purge and I could see but the camera screen still had a lot of moisture on it. Not sure if this is common. Outside temp was -10 celcius inside climbed to over 800 in a hurry.

The other problem we ran into with our camera was the temperature indicator disappeared never to be seen again, apparently it was a software issue!
    -I have learned people will forget what you said,
    -People will forget what you did,
    -But people will never forget how you made them feel!

MembersZone Subscriber

We use the 160 at work only problems weve had were a bad battery a month after buying it, and the fogging ours was with a 15 degree F day with wind chill in the 0's and below. At my vollie dept we have the first Scott imager as well as the next generation scott that was made by FireFlir no real problems with those but They don't offer either anymore.

Thread Information