Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone into cars here?

if so what kind of car do you have?

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

I was waaaaay into cars during my youth. I had both a 72 and a 73 Dodge Charger (MOPAR BABY!). The 72 was a slant six donor car, and the 73 was my 360 driver. Too much fun for a high school kid.

Today I am all about practicality and soft stuff under my butt. I live in the mountains, and now drive a 92 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.8L. She's old, but CHERRY! (and Red too ). From a detailers point of view, Capt. Gonzo would love this thing. The engine compartment looks like the day it rolled off the lot. Gas is a killer, but I don't commute, so it doesn't bother me that much.

I like life without a car payment, but I have been seriously considering a 2006 Dodge Charger. I'm only 34, it's not too early for my mid-life crisis is it?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Forum Member

Yes, I get into my car every morning.

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Yes, I am into Cars...................

If I'm running a call, I am into my FD vehicle which is an unmarked White Chevy Impala Police Package. More LEDs than a Galls catalog. (I didn't build it, I just drive it)

If I'm out on the town, I am into my lovely bride's 2002 Lincoln Town Car. Remember the Lincoln TV commercial where the guy walks up to the Valet Parking booth and says "The Lincoln Town Car, Please"? and all the car jockeys start fighting over which one gets to retrive the Lincoln. Been There, Done That. In a Tux yet. It was fun................
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Talking cars & trucks

Like my 73 Ford F100. Had it since it was one year old. Somewhere over 350,000 miles on it now. Went from a 360 to a 390 to a 390 slightly built up and now working on a 450hp 390 to stuff under the hood. Never left me on the side of the road or stranded.

Forum Member

My all time favorite 68 Olds 442. I got it 25 years ago, and had lots of fun with it. It needs to be restored and it's been 15 years since we used it. The crew cab chevy hd is my current ride.
    There goes the neighborhood.

It may sound wimpy (but since when do I give a damn?) but I have come to really like my '05 Subaru Outback.

A truly sweet riding car, and I have to say getting 32 MPG on the highway out a of an all-wheel drive 4 banger ain't bad at all. I might have to buy another one once school is done next year if we move.

The Mrs. has an '01 Impala LS that goes like a snot - just wish it had a sunroof.

My dream car? Give me either a '63 Split Window Stingray, a '69 GTO, or "68/'69 Camaro. They don't build machines of pure beauty and power anymore. Of course that Charger that mcaldwell wants is close.

P.S. 34 is not too early for a mid-life crisis so long as you die at the age of 68.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Sr. Information Officer NJFFSA16's Avatar

1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special

Pure handling excitement!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

I've been "working on" my 69 cutlass forever, why can't money grow on trees? My everyday is either a o4 qaud cab f150 slightly moded or a Honda 800 interceptor. I try to stick with the bike because gas is getting so outrageous, but I can't get the car seat to stay put.

Loaded, paid for 88 TBird with just under 62K original miles.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Forum Member

Currently riding a bicycle from choice.Previous ride was a 1983 S-10 Blazer in basic black.It was a truck that doubled as an early evening jacket.

And remember that at a lot of valet parked venues,when you get back in your car,it's like you have never been in it in your life-the radio station is changed(sometimes the presets,too!),the seat and mirrors are moved and unless you have remote mirrors,it's a pain to reset to your needs,and once it smelled like they cooked burritos in my car.When braced on it,the valets admitted"No Sir,we only ate them in your car.We cooked them in that Lincoln over there."

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods
    Remember the Lincoln TV commercial where the guy walks up to the Valet Parking booth and says "The Lincoln Town Car, Please"? and all the car jockeys start fighting over which one gets to retrive the Lincoln. Been There, Done That. In a Tux yet. It was fun................

My station is a block away from a rest. that valets. I WILL NEVER VALET. The guy that does their parking whips around turns like starsky and hutch.

I have two Fords:

And then, I woke up

Quote Originally Posted by MEck51
    The guy that does their parking whips around turns like starsky and hutch.
    Does he crash into randomly piled stacks of cardboard boxes too?
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

No but the alley that he whips into is heavily traveled by pedistrians. So one day it might be similar to the boxes, only with a deeper thud.

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm all about my cars....lol.

73 Chevy Camaro LT.

Far from stock at the moment,...and getting farther as I can afford it...lol.

Here's a link to my site and where its sitting as far as resto :

http://www.cardomain.com/profile/rscamaro73

I JUST got in from Ky a dash/cowl/windshield track piece (it barely fit on top of my van in the box it was shipped in). Lots of cutting/griding and welding needed to be done to put this on, then its small stuff as far as patches for rust. I have ANOTHER 454 ( ) in the basement just waiting the funding for a good rebuild....a pair of 4 spd manuals on the shelf....and not too much in the bank

Forum Member

My current project is a '72 Chevelle Pro-Touring style. Not much into looks yet. Mostly working on the chassis and getting it track ready. I hope to go to my first autocross next weekend.

http://www.buffnet.net/~airrj/My%20Chevelle.html

Quote Originally Posted by E229Lt
    I have two Fords:
    Wow Lt. FDNY's pay scale must have improved greatly.

Keep the GT. Now the Shelby Cobra I'll have one of them too.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Quote Originally Posted by rscamaro73
    ....and not too much in the bank
    That's OK. When you have a project car, money in the bank is just parts you haven't got around to ordering yet.

IACOJ

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Uh Huh...................

Quote Originally Posted by MEck51
    My station is a block away from a rest. that valets. I WILL NEVER VALET. The guy that does their parking whips around turns like starsky and hutch.

I see where you're coming from, but when you arrive in a Lincoln, you HAVE to valet, it's THE thing to do....
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Thread Information