Forum Member

Default Ferrara And Katrina

I Don't Know Alot About Ferrara, But Aren't They In Close Proximity To New Orleans? Did They Sustain Any Damge And/or Flooding? I Hope Someone Gets The "brotherhood" Together To Help All Of Our Fellow Brothers And Sisters Who Have Lost Everything.

MembersZone Subscriber

They're in Holden La near I 12. Not sure how close to New Orleans they are. Considering how they were one of the first to step up after 9-11 I think the firefighting community should return the favor however possible.

Forum Member

Default Ferrara

According to Mapquest it is about 66 miles from New Orleans. I am guessing it should at least have wind damage if not storm surge damage as well. I'm not much of a Farrara fan but don't wish that devastation on anyone. I wish all the employees well.
    Fyrtrks

Forum Member

Ferrara had some minor wind damage. They lost some overhead rollup doors and some minor cosmetic damage. Most of the employees are without power, and have been told they will not get it for at least four weeks, but they all still have homes. Many of them have some damage to their homes. Chris Ferrara is hosting all of the employees families in their large meeting room during the day. They at least have a cool place to rest during the day and are being feed by the company. He has also purchase 274 generators for employees for their homes to keep their refridgerators and other essential appliances up and running. They will make it.

MembersZone Subscriber

I just got off the phone with a FFA rep about our pumper and we started talking about Katrina and stated just what Ricky did. No matter how you feel about a company or its board of directors, this company is doing the right thing by its employees. Chris Ferrara does NOT have to do anything, but he has chosen TO do something for his employees and families. For that I say good job and ask others CEO's and owners of fire service equipment companies to do the same by the their employees.

And Chris if you see this, I'll buy the next round.
    Stay low and move it in.

Be safe.

Larry

MembersZone Subscriber

It's great they are helping out there employees. Every company should do the same. It will pay them back 10 fold, and more importantly it's the right thing to do.
    This is my opinion and in no way represtents the opinion of my department.

Forum Member

well I dont much about their apparatus .............but ...........THAT IS A CLASS ACT !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Weruj1
    well I dont much about their apparatus .............but ...........THAT IS A CLASS ACT !
    Ditto on that!! That is an employer who tryly cares for his employees!!!
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Forum Member

It's great to see that a company cares about the people that make it all happen. Chris when you read this I must give you an atta boy
    Fyrtrks

Forum Member

How Do Get Yor Employees To Make Your Company The Best They Can Make It?
    You Treat Them As Family And Make Damn Sure That They Can Always Count On That Same Company When The Chips Are Down. This Is A Noble Thing To Do For Your Employees And Certainly Not A Cheap Gesture (somewhere Around A 100 Grand). I Wish Everyone Surviving Katrina's Terror The Very Best Thoughts And Prayers.
    On Another Note I Hope All Fire Depts. Are Taking Collections To Help Our Displaced Brothers And Sisters. God Bless.

MembersZone Subscriber

If you've ever met Chris, or any of his upper echelon of executives...this move will NOT surprise you at all. Ferrara is a class act, and they build a good piece of apparatus. Nice going Chris...GREAT JOB!

tny
    MembersZone Subscriber

ditto fdny99 --- Chris you’re a Class Act.

I’m sure there are other Corp’s both public and private doing the same, if not -- shame on them. Compassion, generosity and having a conscience, you can’t take it with you.

Stay Safe
    Last edited by tjsnys; 09-02-2005 at 03:20 PM.

dazed and confused

I'm very impressed. That says a lot about the people of Ferrara.
    God Bless America!Remember all have given some, but some have given all.
    Google Is Your Friend™Helpful forum tip - a "must see" if you're new here
    Click this to search FH Forums!

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Thumbs up

Spoke to Chris Browning with LSU Fire & Emergency Training and he said that in addition to taking care of its own, Ferrara is also donating or loaning a considerable amount of equipment and supplies for the rescue effort.
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

MembersZone Subscriber

We bought our new 100 ft mid mount from them, best buying experience we have had, great apparatus as well.

(if you have the FFA calendar, ours is the yellow ladder).
    [FONT=Garamond]Asst. Chief Chris Jennings

Forum Member

Smile Ferrara Fire Apparatus

On Tuesday, August 30, 2005 I was contacted by Ricky Rogers, the Ferrara rep. in Houston. Ricky asked for assistance in finding generators in the Texas area that could be purchased by Ferrara and shipped to Ferrara to be used by their employees and the families of police officers and firefighters (a very noble effort) displaced by Hurricane Katrina. After doing a little research I was able to find a considerable number of generators at the Tractor Supply in Jasper, Texas. To date, Chris Ferrara has purchased 316 generators from here and they have all been shipped to the Ferrara plant in Holden, LA. It is my understanding that to date most of the generators have been distributed to families of Ferrara employees and families of the many firefighters and police officers in southeastern Louisiana who have been displaced by the storm, many of which have not much if anything left. These generators purchased by Ferrara were at a total cost of approximately $211,000. From being involved in the entire process from locating, to purchasing, and getting the generators to Ferrara I can assure you that Chris Ferrara and his employees never hesistated or questioned any cost or expenditure to accompolish this objective.

Additionally Ferrara has loaned their facility to FEMA for meetings with local officials, loaned FEMA representatives vehicles to use, loaned equipment to the monumental response effort, and purchased a fuel tanker to assist employees and first responders with their fuel needs for vehicles.

Obviously much has been said regarding what Ferrara has done for their employees, families, first responders, and the community. Having first hand knowledge of what they have done, all I can say is simply is you are truly "Leading the Way".

Having purchased our first Ferrara in 1998 and several since then I knew the quality of workmanship produced by Ferrara. Now I know the quality of the people of Ferrara.

Hats off to Chris, Mike Doran, Ricky Rogers, Bert McCutcheon, Joel Domangue, and all of the Ferrara staff and their families!

James D. Gunter
    Fire Chief
    Jasper Fire Department
    Jasper, Texas

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgunter
    On Tuesday, August 30, 2005 I was contacted by Ricky Rogers, the Ferrara rep. in Houston. Ricky asked for assistance in finding generators in the Texas area that could be purchased by Ferrara and shipped to Ferrara to be used by their employees and the families of police officers and firefighters (a very noble effort) displaced by Hurricane Katrina. After doing a little research I was able to find a considerable number of generators at the Tractor Supply in Jasper, Texas. To date, Chris Ferrara has purchased 316 generators from here and they have all been shipped to the Ferrara plant in Holden, LA. It is my understanding that to date most of the generators have been distributed to families of Ferrara employees and families of the many firefighters and police officers in southeastern Louisiana who have been displaced by the storm, many of which have not much if anything left. These generators purchased by Ferrara were at a total cost of approximately $211,000. From being involved in the entire process from locating, to purchasing, and getting the generators to Ferrara I can assure you that Chris Ferrara and his employees never hesistated or questioned any cost or expenditure to accompolish this objective.

Additionally Ferrara has loaned their facility to FEMA for meetings with local officials, loaned FEMA representatives vehicles to use, loaned equipment to the monumental response effort, and purchased a fuel tanker to assist employees and first responders with their fuel needs for vehicles.

Obviously much has been said regarding what Ferrara has done for their employees, families, first responders, and the community. Having first hand knowledge of what they have done, all I can say is simply is you are truly "Leading the Way".

Having purchased our first Ferrara in 1998 and several since then I knew the quality of workmanship produced by Ferrara. Now I know the quality of the people of Ferrara.

Hats off to Chris, Mike Doran, Ricky Rogers, Bert McCutcheon, Joel Domangue, and all of the Ferrara staff and their families!

James D. Gunter
    Fire Chief
    Jasper Fire Department
    Jasper, Texas
    Hey Jamie,

Kudos to you ricky and the whole Ferrara gang. The response has been AWESOME........

Also thank you and the Jasper team for all the response for the refugees.

I hope to be able to keep helpin yall all I can.....

If yall need any help just let us know......

I know we just bought our first Ferrara truck in 2003............great product and great company......

To Chris Ferrara and the employees in Holden....best of luck to you all and hope everyone stays SAFE there.....

Paul Rutledge
    Tri-Community Fireman

Forum Member

At the request of the Louisiana State Firemen's Association and the Louisiana Fire Chief's Association, Ferrara Fire Apparatus, Inc. has agreed to function as a logistical resource center, collecting and distributing supplies, to be utilized by the firefighting personnel working in Louisiana activities related to Hurricane Katrina. With the massive undertaking of the rescue operation and care for the evacuees, emergency personnel are overloaded. Ferrara's ability to receive, house, and dispatch the large quantities of supplies needed, along with its centralized location makes it a logical choice to take on this monumental task.

Ferrara has received numerous calls from its customers and contacts in the fire service from across the country wanting to know what is needed and how they can help. In passing that information along, Ferrara was asked jointly by these two organizations if they could assist in coordinating this effort. "It is a great opportunity for us to do our part and help care for the firefighter's who are risking their lives to save others." stated Chris Ferrara, President/CEO.

Ferrara Fire Apparatus, Inc. would like anyone interested in donating the items listed below to email bertm@ferrarafire.com or fax to 225-567-7668.

The following items are needed immediately:

Cots, Pillows, Blankets, Towels, Socks, Underwear, Toothpaste, Tooth Brushes, Deodorant, Bottled Water, Air Mattresses, MRE's and non-perishable snacks, etc.

These items will be updated based upon firefighter's needs.

We are working diligently to develop additional command post communications thru the use of satellite cell phones with the fire departments in the affected areas so that we may deliver these supplies where they are most needed.

Should you be interested and are able to help please either transport or ship by Fed-Ex Freight any of the above listed supplies to the following address.

Ferrara Fire Apparatus, Inc.
    27855 James Chapel Rd.
    Holden, LA 70744-0249

Thank you from the Louisiana Fire Service

MembersZone Subscriber

Lightbulb ?????

Has E-One ever done anything like this with all the Hurricanes in Florida?

Stay Safe
    FF/Instructor
    "Train as you life depends on it, IT DOES!!"
    IACOJ
    MABAS 32

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up

Way to go Ferrara
    Buckle Up, Slow Down, Arrive Alive
    "Everybody Goes Home"

IACOJ 2003

Thread Information