Forum Member

Red face Question about the 10 questions?

I received word from the AFG that we have not been awarded a grant yet, but they just had some questions for me and we had been favorabled reviewed by our peers. I was wondering if anyone knew:

1. Should these answer be short answer (yes/no)? Or are they looking for an expanded explanation- it doesn't clearly state either.

2. What are the chances that we receive a grant after receiving this message.

Thanks

Forum Member

Default Additional question

One more question:

As I checked my status on the AFG website I noticed that I had a 1199 update form, which I have never seen before. I did not receive any instructions on changing/modifying this. Is this good news? What's next?

Any help would be most appreciated.

MembersZone Subscriber

Good news in store for you. Read through the threads over the past year on this forum and you'll find all the answers you need.

MembersZone Subscriber

Don't know if it's right or wrong, but for my replies (once in the spring and once yesterday--yee haw!!) something like:
    1 Yes, if awarded we will accept.
    2a. Yes, we can pay....
    ...and so on. If i may offer a tip--when i did my reply yesterday after typing my response, i copied the entire text and pasted it to MS Word and saved it. That way i didn't have to retype it all the first three times i tried to reply directly through the ODP site. Just a copy and paste. When the site gets busy, the mail server is spotty. Learned that trick last spring when i typed the reply for the FPS award like 4 times!!

Chances of a grant award are pretty darned good once you get the questions. Best of luck.
    earl

MembersZone Subscriber

Amery's right, the news is good. Print the form, take it to the bank, get the proper signatures, and send it to them as they instruct--Express or Fed-UPS. Regular mail takes a long time to deliver in DC.

What's on the shopping list??????

Forum Member

Thanks for the help you guys; unfortunately, I have never had this opportunity (receiving a grant). Do you know how long it takes to receive the award?

Forum Member

Green acres:

$60,000 to include a thermal imaging camera, Rit Pack and all new SCBA's with spare cyclinder for our truck. I am thrilled to have this opportunity.

MembersZone Subscriber

If you get the reply and 1199 back directly, you could see an announcement in as little as two or three weeks. Read through the threads, all the answers are, as ameryfd said, here. And...keep excellent records.
    Sounds like good equipment. I'd be curious to know the planned equip list for the RIT pack, i'm working on a private sector application and that's an area we are considering. Get yourself signed up, and study the forum, you'll appreciate the info.
    earl

Thread Information