Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Forum Member

Just heard some good news --- Louisiana just hired James Lee Witt.

Forum Member

Exclamation New Orleans Threw in the towel early!

The break down occur too early with city services.50 % half the police force walked.Hell ! I heard in one report that some police officers were looting.When half the police force walks away from duties you can expect loss of order.Let me add that the other half have of the police force deserve a medal for operating under true hardship.The city of new orleans infurtructure fail apart early which cause a huge gap in services.

FEMA,DOD,Coast Guard and private groups like the Red Cross and the Salvation Army can not pull a can of fix all out of there *** and SPRAY OVER THE ENTIRE CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will take time!The race card is being played heavy by certain groups.Shame on them.This is about saving lives not being saving face or throwing mud.
    Always a day late and a dollar short!

Hillbilly Irish!

MembersZone Subscriber ROOKIELZ's Avatar

I happen to be a soldier in the US Army. I am currently stationed at Ft. Campbell KY as a soldier in the 101st airborne division (air assult). For those of you that dont know what the 101st does we are the worlds only air assult division. Air assult is useing helicopters to insert people and equipment quickley into remote areas. You know what really surprises me we are just sitting here. We have military medics, we have infantry soldiers we have the helicopters and yet no one has gone
    How many of you thought the same as our brave friend from the 101st? I know its exactly what thoese of us gathered around the tube at work were thinking (and saying). Why couldnt the people running this country see it? By the 3rd day, the 101st should have been in the air.
    Tristan and Dave 1983: I asked this very same question on the first page. Canadians have an IRU: Immediate Reaction Unit. Their functions seem very similar to the 101st. In fact, Canada has offered their IRU and other resources in support of US efforts. Papers are reporting that the US won't be able to give their answer to the Canadians until at least Wednesday, Sept, 7th. I guess we'll see then what the US plan of action will be.
    IACOJ
    If you are willing to teach;
    I am willing to learn.

MembersZone Subscriber

This quote is from the National Response Plan:
    'The primary means of hurricane evacuation will be personal vehicles. School and municipal buses, government-owned vehicles and vehicles provided by volunteer agencies may be used to provide transportation for individuals who lack transportation and require assistance in evacuating'...
    Oh. My Bad. It's from the Louisiana disaster plan, pg 13, para 5 , dated 01/00.

Somehow, this will be Pres. Bush's fault, too.

I worked with a paramedic last night on the ambulance who worked in Dade county (Miami area) when Andrew hit. That was 13 years ago and he tells me they ran into some of the exact same problems then. Complete collapse of local management, the state spinning their wheels waiting for the Feds to come in and of course, the Feds not doing anything cause nobody asked for help. So while the state and Feds were busy pointing fingers at each other, the people in Dade waited almost 5 days before any help arrived.

Nice to see we learned from Andrew and were so much better prepared (at all levels) this time.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs down finally

I see CNN news FINALLY admitted that there are hundreds of Firefighters at the Fire Institute at Baton Rouge awaiting something to do. FEMA calls them up and then they just sit.
    It is a sad thing to have all this equipment and manpower to get r done and fema has to go through the red tape.

TIME FOR A CHANGE

Forum Member

The Red Cross had food and water ready to go for the people in the Superdome and Convention Center and were DENIED access by the state because they didn't want people going there, they wanted them out. What each and every one of us should be doing is checking up on our own mayor or corasponding individual and our governor. Perhaps we will find that they are as incompenant as the mayor of NO and governor of LA.

MembersZone Subscriber

This is completely bad news for all of you George W. Bush haters.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=46224

Of course, someone will post that this is his fault, too.

Forum Member

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by oldman21220
    The mayor didn't want a moratorium on press conferences when he was making the rounds multiple times. Have you heard him explain the plan that the city had in place to evacuate those who were unable to self evacuate? Of course not and you never will, nor will anyone demand that he do so.

What plan? New Orleans had acres and acres of school bus's just sitting in the bus depot, now flooded. You can not say "there was no way to evacuate those who wished to". Those who wished to stay are to blame for there own predicament. The Mayor is to blame if anyone wanted to leave and could not.
    The Governor would have activated the state resources for LA's damaged areas immediatly. If these were insufficient then she would then ask FEMA for aid. She has to ask for help. She did .... four days later. Once activated FEMA's response is not overnight.
    The state of Miss first asked Florida for assistance. Florida Task Force 3 was mobilzed on sunday before Katrina hit. It was staged in Crestveiw Florida. We had a fast team on the ground in Biloxi Tuesday morning. Responders have to wait for the winds to drop below 20mph before they can travel. The logistics of moving that amount of equip and responders is pretty tough.
    The Feds are getting to the accessible areas ASAP. The media's rants about FEMA not getting to needy people in a reasonable amount of time is BS. The areas shown by the media has either 4 ft of water or armed looters. do you expect them to be in there like that.
    We had a FEMA team ( Indiana Task Force 1 ) arrive the wednesday after Katrina hit. Lets see, Monday morning, Tuesday morning, Wednesday morning. Thats 48 hrs. Thats quick by most standards.
    N'orleans Mayor and LA's Guv'na better watch what they say. Any blame lies with local and state politicos.
    Last edited by khallman; 09-09-2005 at 08:31 PM.

Thread Information