+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 First ... 23456 Last

Thread: Walmart

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp
    George...

Thanks for proving my point.

"1. There is no such word as irregardless."

I guess this is the only way you know how to carry on a discussion. Attack and nit pick anyone else's point of view.

Have a nice life George...it must be great to believe you are ALWAYS the only one who is right.

FyredUp
    That's an attack? You haven't seen an attack if you think that is an attack.

I'm not always right. If one word of what I typed is wrong, prove it. Otherwise, see ya!

Forum Member

For a place that is so evil and loathsome, I sure do have a hard time finding a parking place on Saturdays....

MembersZone Subscriber

I realize the thread is about WalMart. But when you start talking about monopolies and such, I don't see some of the others mentioned with the same exuberance, such as BP Petroleum, McDonalds, Verizon, Radio Shack, Ace Hardware, Walgreens, Winn-Dixie, GM, Ford, Chrysler; just to name a few. Oh yeah; can't forget Microsoft. Look at Firehouse. Their goal is to be Number 1.
    WalMart has never driven anyone out of business. Supply/demand and basic economics HAS. If I set up a lemonade stand and sell it for a buck a glass and the person down the street is selling it for 75 cents a glass, guess who gets the business?
    I either find another supplier, lower my price, add products/diversify or I am out of business.
    Irregardless of my bubbly and peppy nature.
    CR
    Last edited by ChiefReason; 09-17-2005 at 08:28 AM. Reason: spelling
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

MembersZone Subscriber

I agree with you CR, but I also find it unfortunate that the low-quality discount chains can so easily displace the small business.

It is not Walmart's (or any other chain's) fault that we don't support the little guy. I used to avoid the big box stores like the plague thinking I was doing something good, but in the end, I couldn't save even one of those little guys. They all closed in due time, and now I have given in and shop the big stores like everyone else. All I can do now is lament at how I can't find the service or quality that I once took for granted.

I do have a big problem with businesses in general (not just retail) who operate on the principle that success is inextricably tied to growth. That can obviously indicate a degree of success in the short term, but it is simply not sustainable. Eventually, the business must either become a monopoly (which we know is bad), or collapse under the weight of a competitor. A business can maintain a good size and long-term profitability without becoming a mega-store. Unfortunately, the sheer design and structure of corporations often lends itself to this "growth at all costs" mentality.

But that is an argument for another day.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefReason
    ...Radio Shack...
    They were just bought out by Circuit City.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Early Adopter

Exclamation Not quite...

Quote Originally Posted by mcaldwell
    They were just bought out by Circuit City.
    Only in Canada. Circuit City bought the company that owned the rights to the RadioShack name in Canada. From what I've read, the RadioShack corporation sued and Circuit City will rename Canadian RadioShack stores. In the states, both Circuit City and RadioShack are still competitors.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by cozmosis
    Only in Canada. Circuit City bought the company that owned the rights to the RadioShack name in Canada. From what I've read, the RadioShack corporation sued and Circuit City will rename Canadian RadioShack stores. In the states, both Circuit City and RadioShack are still competitors.

OK, I guess that's why they re-named them all "The Source", by Circuit City.

IACOJ

Forum Member

I really can't believe that we have 6 pages of dicussion on Wal-mart .. there must be something better to talk about. The simple truth is they provide jobs to people who need jobs and in all liklihood would have a tough time finding jobs elsewhere due to job history, lack of education, lack of motivation, etc. What the hell do you think a HS flunkee, or someone with a splocchy job history deserves to be paid ? If they workout, Wal-Mart rewards them well given the average level of education. As a former restraunt manager, I can honestly say that a fair percentage of the folks who worked for me, and probably a fair percentage who work for Wal-Mart as well, should get on thier knees every day and thank god (and Wal-Mart)they have a job. That's the reality of the Wal-Mart workforce ... and if they think things are that bad ..let em' try to find a better paying job with someone else (but ..it ain't gonna happen in most cases).

Forum Member

Talking Walmart does have rock bottom prices!

Wal-Mart Damaged In Construction Blast

A construction blast damaged a Wal-Mart and injured three people.

It happened in Perry County around 10 Wednesday morning.

A construction zone near the Hazard Wal-Mart apparently sent rock crashing through the store's roof. Customers say it sounded like a bomb went off.

One customer and two employees were hurt. They are in the hospital but there injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.

State Police are investigating the incident.

The Wal-Mart is still open for business
    Always a day late and a dollar short!

Hillbilly Irish!

Forum Member

Question

Quote Originally Posted by coldfront

A construction zone near the Hazard Wal-Mart apparently sent rock crashing through the store's roof. Customers say it sounded like a bomb went off.

One customer and two employees were hurt. They are in the hospital but there injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.

So, what is the point??

Forum Member

What's so funny about people being injured?
    A'int No Rocket Scientist's in The Firehall

MembersZone Subscriber

Imagine how funny this would have been if people were killed?

You're an idiot.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    Imagine how funny this would have been if people were killed?

You're an idiot.
    You would be right on that one George and you beat me to it.
    Training does not make perfect. Training makes permanent!

IACOJ probie

Forum Member

Talking Chill Pill Needed For Gw And The Gang!

If you guy's could chill a little.The main point in the story was the bottom line.WALMART IS STILL OPEN FOR BUSINESS.

You would throught a caring company like walmart would has closed the doors out of respect.

I have cared for the injured for over twenty plus years.Nothing is funny about injury or death.If DIP ****S like you can't see the humor in walmart remaining open after the event.YOU CAN KISS THIS hillbilly *** ON THE COURT HOUSE LAWN.YOU FIRST GW .The bottom line for walmart is sale sale sale!

This could have been much worst if the customers had be struck by fallen prices along with rocks!

WARNING THIS MAY NOT BE FUNNY TO YOU! If you find this funny do not let GW know.
    Last edited by coldfront; 10-20-2005 at 02:17 PM.

Hillbilly Irish!

MembersZone Subscriber

If you guy's could chill a little.The main point in the story was the bottom line.WALMART IS STILL OPEN FOR BUSINESS.

You would throught a caring company like walmart would has closed the doors out of respect.

I have cared for the injured for over twenty plus years.Nothing is funny about injury or death.If DIP ****S like you cant see the humor in walmart remaining open after the event.YOU CAN KISS THIS hillbilly *** ON THE COURT HOUSE LAWN.YOU FIRST GW .The bottom line for walmart is sale sale sale!
    Nice try on your attempt at spin after you have been called on a stupid statement.
    Walmart does have rock bottom prices with a big smiley, no less.

I'll stick by my post. I will also take a pass on your invitation, too. But thanks for the offer.

MembersZone Subscriber

WALMART IS STILL OPEN FOR BUSINESS.

People were injured. Not killed. It's not good when people get injured, but people get injured every day and businesses don't shut down over it. If an employee were killed, I could see shutting down - or I hear of companies *offering* employees a day off to mourn, and if enough employees do take the day off the store may have to shut down.

But you're just picking because you don't like Walmart. They've got two injured employees and a hole in the roof - I see no reason not to keep the store open.

So I don't see the humor - I guess you'd better get on the courthouse lawn and pull those pants down, coldfront! But I probably won't kiss it, more like kick it!

Forum Member

Thumbs down

I have cared for the injured for over twenty plus years.Nothing is funny about injury or death.If DIP ****S like you can't see the humor in walmart remaining open after the event.YOU CAN KISS THIS hillbilly *** ON THE COURT HOUSE LAWN.YOU FIRST GW .The bottom line for walmart is sale sale sale!

This could have been much worst if the customers had be struck by fallen prices along with rocks!

WARNING THIS MAY NOT BE FUNNY TO YOU! If you find this funny do not let GW know.

Nasty - Nasty

Such language!

I bet he could say others nasty things, if he knew how too!!

Maybe he needs to have a good talking too and sit on the side lines for a few games!!

Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Talking I So Sorry!please Forgive Me Walmart!

So I don't see the humor - I guess you'd better get on the courthouse lawn and pull those pants down, coldfront! But I probably won't kiss it, more like kick it![/QUOTE]

Dear Donkey

Walmart is wonderful .Please forgive me!

Crap that was close.I almost got my it kicked.

Hillbilly Irish!

Forum Member

Whether WALMART is wonderful or not is open for discussion, I happen to dispise the place, however no one but you seems to think that humourous that people were injured.
    A'int No Rocket Scientist's in The Firehall

Forum Member

So I don't see the humor - I guess you'd better get on the courthouse lawn and pull those pants down, coldfront! But I probably won't kiss it, more like kick it!
    Dear Donkey

Walmart is wonderful .Please forgive me!

Crap that was close.I almost got my it kicked. [/QUOTE]

You are wright we should all find amusement in people being injured and hurt. So what they stayed open. I work for auto dealer, couple of years ago a tire blew apart on the tire machine. As you can imagine the guy that was working on the tire was blown about 15 feet from the machine try not to laugh to hard. A few of us stabilized him and when the ambulance showed up they loaded him up and left. This is the best part, maybe hard to imagine but being a business we all went back to work. Hard to believe isnít. A business staying open to make money how dare they. Just for the record it did put a hole in the wall by the machine.

IACOJ probie

Forum Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke20286
    Whether WALMART is wonderful or not is open for discussion, I happen to dispise the place, however no one but you seems to think that humourous that people were injured.
    I GIVE UP!
    I have applied for a job with walmart.Apparently they have some opening to FILL.
    Last edited by coldfront; 10-20-2005 at 03:18 PM.

Hillbilly Irish!

Forum Member

I GIVE UP!
    I have applied for a job with walmart.Apparently they have some opening to FILL.
    Sounds like you may have found a job you can handle. Remember when you are pushing the carts back to the store. Watch out for traffic I would hate to see you get hit and have to close the town down.

IACOJ probie

Forum Member

I am more concerned about flying rock and buckeye drivers!

Hillbilly Irish!

MembersZone Subscriber

Waiter:
    There's a fly in this thread.
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

doldfront...

You know you are out of line when smoke and I agree on something. I too hate walmart and have made that clear, but to joke about an accident that injures people in their store is simply not funny. And your follow up attempts are pitiful.

FyredUp

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 First ... 23456 Last

Thread Information