+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 First ... 3456

Thread: Walmart

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp
    doldfront...

You know you are out of line when smoke and I agree on something. I too hate walmart and have made that clear, but to joke about an accident that injures people in their store is simply not funny. And your follow up attempts are pitiful.

FyredUp
    I may have to take a nap
    A'int No Rocket Scientist's in The Firehall

Forum Member

Talking

Arch rivals joining forces to roast little me!The ripple effects could be endless.In the beginning there was one now there are many!I shall forever be scared do to my throughtless post.To inject such dry humor is shameful on my part.I am ALSO now blocking the comedy channel in the fear of off cuff humor infecting me.Let me also denounce my denunciation of my buckeye friend.

P.S.
    I **** in the Ohio river daily .Why you ask because Kentucky owns the darn nasty thing!
    Last edited by coldfront; 11-08-2005 at 02:59 PM.
    Always a day late and a dollar short!

Hillbilly Irish!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldfront

P.S.
    I **** in the Ohio river daily .Why you ask because Kentucky owns the darn nasty thing!
    Not where I'm at that would WVA and PA. . That owns the Ohio. Dude all I was saying is that it was wrong to make bad humor like that. Just IMO.
    Training does not make perfect. Training makes permanent!

IACOJ probie

MembersZone Subscriber

Seven pages on why we hate/love Walmart. Can't say it wasn't worth the read at least. I hate Walmart, but for no other reason than I hate their commercials. It seems like every time I go to our local Walmart (which is necessary because they ran everyone else out of town) the people are nowhere near as cheery or helpful as they are in the commercials. No scientific fact here; just my personal observation, which I may or may not get fried for.

However, (disclaimer) I worked at the local Walmart part-time for a while, until I realized I could be mowing lawns part-time for better pay and I wouldn't have to wear a blue vest (and I probably wasn't very cheery or helpful either). Like every other firefighter in this nation, we're willing to try any off-duty job if it will make a buck and sounds interesting.

I do appreciate their contributions to society however; in addition to their corporate citizenship, they were the only place open for us in Slidell and I DEFINITELY needed something to eat other than an MRE. And those people were pretty cheery, especially for having just been through a major disaster, so maybe my Walmart-hating is more of a local issue.
    Michael "Mick" Mayers
    Acting Director, Urban Search and Rescue
    South Carolina Emergency Response Task Force
    www.sctf1.sc.gov

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by truck6alpha
    Seven pages on why we hate/love Walmart. Can't say it wasn't worth the read at least. I hate Walmart, but for no other reason than I hate their commercials. It seems like every time I go to our local Walmart (which is necessary because they ran everyone else out of town) the people are nowhere near as cheery or helpful as they are in the commercials. No scientific fact here; just my personal observation, which I may or may not get fried for.

However, (disclaimer) I worked at the local Walmart part-time for a while, until I realized I could be mowing lawns part-time for better pay and I wouldn't have to wear a blue vest (and I probably wasn't very cheery or helpful either). Like every other firefighter in this nation, we're willing to try any off-duty job if it will make a buck and sounds interesting.

I do appreciate their contributions to society however; in addition to their corporate citizenship, they were the only place open for us in Slidell and I DEFINITELY needed something to eat other than an MRE. And those people were pretty cheery, especially for having just been through a major disaster, so maybe my Walmart-hating is more of a local issue.
    We hire some of our best forklift operators away from WalMart!
    Thanks, WalMart!
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Forum Member

Default Wow, thats alot of money for the biggest retailer in the WORLD

Wal-Mart is still the most unethical companies in this country. I love how they make workers work off the clock, and FIRE them if they even PLAN on organizing.

15 mil is not even a days pay for them.

Forum Member

Default Wal-Mart must pay workers $172m

BBC News

The world's largest retailer, Wal-Mart, has been ordered to pay $172m in compensation to workers who were refused lunch breaks.
    From 2001, state law called for shift workers to get meal breaks or be compensated with extra pay. Wal-Mart workers got neither, the lawsuit charged.
    Wal-Mart is still the most unethical companies in this country. I love how they make workers work off the clock, and FIRE them if they even PLAN on organizing.

LaLaMan
    I think you are correct, the 172m is just for California by the way
    A'int No Rocket Scientist's in The Firehall

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 First ... 3456

Thread Information