Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Question Rosenbauer 1000gpm pump

Has anyone had much experience with Rosenbauer pumps? The rep stopped by last night and we were impressed with the pump and it's capabilities. We liked that it can pump high and low pressure at the same time. We also liked that once the pump is primed the first time, it will self prime if you lose it when you open a line. If this pump is dependable, it will save a good bit of money not having to buy a seperate CAFS system.
    Please give me as much feedback as possible...

We have one coming, but again - we're taking a bit of a risk with it.

Having said that - these pumps are in operation all over Europe, and seem to work well there.

Just remember, you're producing a "CAFS like" foam with the NH series of pumps. We'll have the 1000 gpm pump with the Fix-Mix system to pipe Class A to the high pressure side. Sink or swim, the truck is half done, so we're locked in. Give us a few months with it, I'll be happy to let you know what we think. Personally, I think it'll fill the niche we need it for quite well.

And for all the pro-CAFS folks, I know it isn't CAFS, but us putting CAFS on a rig was about as likely as me growing another body part. We just couldn't ask for the money for a full-blown CAFS system.

Personally, I'd ask your salesman to provide references of folks using that pump. Quite a few Timberwolf units have been delivered, and they've been in service for a while. Someone out there has to have a good bit of experience with them here in the U.S.

I'm curious if they can mount the 1000 gpm rear mount to that GM 5500 chassis.

Forum Member

yes...they can mount the 1000 gpm rear mount on the 5500. That was one of the first questions I asked. The other situation that concerns me is that we're a rural department. How is the pump going to handle if we suck a stone or something through the dry hydrant. We've never had any of our other pumps have any problems (even sucked a fish into one, which is a completely different thread! LOL). We've got several members of our department doing research today on the pumps in Europe...i really haven't heard much bad about them at all...just wondering why more people haven't switched to them. The CAFS like foam seems to work very well. We "played" with it a little last night and were very impressed.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default my opinion

Use F-500 as opposed to any CAFS system. CAFS will create tons of service problems in the future. Also I would recomend looking at an E-One if you want a rig that will last you 20+ years!!

Why you think E-one? T.C.

I dont know much about this, but since its a CAFFs type system, does it meet NFPA? NFPA requires a 1250 pump for class "A" pumpers. Does this set up met that? I think this could have an effect on your ISO rateing.
    Last edited by Dave1983; 09-07-2005 at 06:51 PM.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Quote Originally Posted by jake2415
    Use F-500 as opposed to any CAFS system. CAFS will create tons of service problems in the future. Also I would recomend looking at an E-One if you want a rig that will last you 20+ years!!

Your kidding, right? Nobodys E-Ones around here lasted 20 years, which is why most now buy Pierce.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

MembersZone Subscriber

NFPA 1901 only requires a 750 GPM, not 1250.

However, the Rosenbauer pump is available in the 1250 GPM version. It was on display at I-Chiefs in Denver.

The CAFS-like foam is definately a nice feature on this pump especially for those who can't afford a complete CAFS system. But the ease of pump and roll capabilites really make this an outstanding pump.

Forum Member

This pump won't effect our ISO rating because we're replacing a 1000 gpm pump with a 1000gpm pump. I guess I really don't understand why you were saying it would effect our ISO rating being under 1250 gpm. Regardless...I certainly like the idea of the CAFS like foam as well as the pump & roll capability. I was very impressed with the pump when we tried it out...just wanted to see if anyone else has had one for awhile to see how it will stand up.

Dave,Unless this is a local restriction in your State,I think you're mistaken.I'm showing Class A as 750 and up.I've got an old gas rig that started life as a 1000 now a 800 due to a little "sandblasting".Still qualifys as a Class A. T.C.

Thread Information