Forum Member

Default Okay, I need some ideas folks.. I'm stumped!

Alrighty folks, here's the problem....

I have no freaking clue what to do for my senior photos! I wanted something creative, and I've got a few ideas relating to who I am, but I'm looking for some more input.

Idea #1: Do your standard "You go pose over there while I take pictures" type of photo.

Idea #2: An idea one of my friends had, since I'm in the fire service, to get into my duty uniform after I wax / wash one of the frontline trucks, and do a few pictures around that. Possibly do a picture of my EMS bag and helmet on the hood of our rescue, with me standing beside it.

Idea #3: Wear a nice pair of jeans, and a collared denim shirt and go up to the local granite quarry and try to get a few photos with the quarry walls as a backdrop. Looks just like a mountain side.

Not too many ideas. I want something unique, any input?
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Forum Member

I'd vote for # 3. Senior photos are to show how you look, not what you do. I'd almost say to go to the granite quarry in a suit, just for the contrast. Those granite quarries are georgeous. Wear something dark.
    9/11/01 Never forget Never forgive

Dusty, working on Crusty IACOJ

Forum Member

just dont take them with a tiger !
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BFDNJFF
    just dont take them with a tiger !
    WOW!

I say do what the kid in Nashua, NH did. He wanted a picture of himself holding a shotgun broken over his shoulder. Lots of flaming liberal PC freaks whined about that one.

Me? Don't go all out. It's just a picture and in 10 or 15 years no one will recognize you anyway. Of course my high and tight is still the same, except it's tinged with gray - 13 years later.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

Question

We always did ours in the auditorium. Whats up with the "on location" shoot? Man, have I been out of school THAT long?
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Cpt. Common Sents

We always did ours at a studio or in our front or backyards at our house. A few kids did them on the football field or the track. stuff like that. We never did anything like quarries or firehouses. but the quary idea(deffinetly in a suit) sound damn cool!!

Forum Member

I took the standerd suit and tie, with a Maltesse cross pin on my collar.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Forum Member

We went into the back stage of the theater at my school and got them with the school hired photographers. They all looked the same, and for the longest time weren't even color! I think the class after me ('04) got color senior pics. I was just glad I'm a guy, the pervert photographer always had to "adjust" the black slip that the girls had to wear.....

Forum Member

I made the mistake of letting one of my mom's friends "who's a photographer" take my senior pic...Let's just put it this way...The pic could be in the backround at an Italian restaraunt in a Godfather movie....
    The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Res343cue
    Alrighty folks, here's the problem....

I have no freaking clue what to do for my senior photos! I wanted something creative, and I've got a few ideas relating to who I am, but I'm looking for some more input.

Idea #1: Do your standard "You go pose over there while I take pictures" type of photo.

Idea #2: An idea one of my friends had, since I'm in the fire service, to get into my duty uniform after I wax / wash one of the frontline trucks, and do a few pictures around that. Possibly do a picture of my EMS bag and helmet on the hood of our rescue, with me standing beside it.

Idea #3: Wear a nice pair of jeans, and a collared denim shirt and go up to the local granite quarry and try to get a few photos with the quarry walls as a backdrop. Looks just like a mountain side.

Not too many ideas. I want something unique, any input?
    Whatever it takes to get the free comb!
    If you have the option, have a photo taken that captures the kind of person that you are.
    For our son, the photographer set up his back drop and props to show his interests at the time. His sports jerseys, footballs, baseball and bats and we even had his Honda Rebel motorcycle in it.
    If a photographer is taking them, they should have some ideas after you tell him your bio.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking No, Different Reason, Dummie..............

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1983
    We always did ours in the auditorium. Whats up with the "on location" shoot? Man, have I been out of school THAT long?

No, It was because of YOUR location. You guys were always taking shelter in there from the "Disaster of the day" whatever it might have been.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Bump!

Meeting with the photographer tomorrow, hmmmmm.

Trying to come up with some more ideas
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up Well..............

If you want to be in a different light than the rest, Then your idea # 2 would do it.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Thread Information