Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Exclamation Breaking News: 50-100 Firefighters held hostage in NO

Watching it on FOX news right now

You only have to be stupid once to be dead permanently
    - - - - - -
    I A C O J

Last edited by RLFD14; 09-02-2005 at 06:08 PM.
    - - - - - -
    I A C O J

Last edited by RLFD14; 09-02-2005 at 06:08 PM.
    - - - - - -
    I A C O J

On the flatest land around! (In central Il.)

Unhappy

RFLD14, Lets just hope your wrong..... At this point I'd rather hear you were wrong on your post then for it to be correct.

Last edited by RLFD14; 09-02-2005 at 06:09 PM.
    - - - - - -
    I A C O J

Thumbs down

I also heard that about 15 minutes ago. And it was repeated just now.The reporter said a police officer may be dead and the FF's and their families are being fired upon. The FF's are returning gunfire.
    I feel the military needs to be used, with the authouity to use deadly force against these lowlifes and others that use deadly force against innocent civilians and emergency workers. You don't have to agree with me,but don't debate me here. There are other more important things.Send me a nasty e-mail
    Last edited by len1582; 09-02-2005 at 06:07 PM.

st bernard's parish, 50-100 firefighters and their familes held hostage by sniper fire, now it is on the news.... it was true all along.

AND THEIR FAMILIES!!!!

PRAY HARD!!!
    - - - - - -
    I A C O J

Shoot the mother f u c king hostage takers. No warning shot. No mercy.
    Last edited by stm4710; 09-02-2005 at 06:17 PM.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

On the flatest land around! (In central Il.)

Good luck brothers! We're praying for all of you!

There is nothing on the FOX news webpage and none of the other channels are reporting this. Hopefully this is rumor!!
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

They're still reporting it on Fox News TV..supposedly the brothers and their families are holed up in the BellSouth building....as far as the snipers go, what the f*$#! is WRONG with these people??? People try to help em and the turn around and S#$! on them...it truly, truly ****es me off

Wishful thinking, I just saw the report on FOX news as well. Hopefully maybe they just have a bad report. The news has been known to screw stuff up. Hopefully thats the case here.
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

MembersZone Subscriber

So what's up guys? I can't find anything!? The brothers alright?
    "The more we sweat in training, the less we bleed in battle."

Forum Member

someone please give us an update for those of you watching. for some reason I can't find fox news on my TV. I'm like tv-impaired but am dying to know what is going on....

The shooters need to be "green lighted"..................God Bless the NOFD !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

There were also reports of a hostage situation in the New Orleans area in which snipers and armed gangs were preventing between 50 and 100 St. Bernard's Parrish firefighters and their families from leaving a building.

The gangs reportedly shot and killed several sheriff's deputies and were in a gunbattle with firefighters. A rescue effort was under way, FOX News confirmed.

It is still going on as far as I know. I saw them break to the story live the moment it began and nothing has been said about a conclusion of it yet. It's been going on for a few hours at this point.

I for one have had about enough of this crap. We need to cut the beurocratic bull$hit that is making everything take so long and start doing what needs to be done when it needs to be done. We have thousands of MILITARY TROOPS with GUNS down the road. There should have been a detachement of blackhawks with god damn hellfire missles and 50 caliber machine guns overhead at that location the moment word spread that it was happening. We know where the good guys are. There are no innocent bystanders roaming the streets over there. It is good guys inside, bad guys hiding outside. Everything in the area is trashed already. We can formulate a strategic plan for 5 hours while they hide in the bushes and around cornerns sniping innocent rescuers and families, or we can say enough is enough, lay down the smack down and take care of buisness. It's time to stop playing games and start blowing $hit up as needed. There will be no measurable properly loss and the only deaths will be the domestic terrorists holding these people hostage. No one is going to complain and no one will miss them. We should have done this with the hospital, the superdome, the police station, and everywhere else having a rebel problem. If we see a known terrorist in Afganistan, we can say the word and within 5 minutes, an F16 at 50,000ft going 1000mph can hit the street and kill all the bad guys leaving the buildings untouched. WHY oh god in heaven WHY can we not gain control of some hoodlems with guns they stole from WALMART! (exageration to make a point)

Please note, I am in no way blaming the people on the ground doing the work in there. It's not their fault. It's command and control that has some serious flaws over the last 5 days and obviously still isn't working.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

There is a detachment of SEALs in town from what I heard to do water rescue, I think they need to be reassigned if this is true.

Somedays I wonder if responsers should not be armed with side arms like LE, this is one of those times.
    [FONT=Garamond]Asst. Chief Chris Jennings

From the sounds of it, I think they have armed themselves and are returning fire. This is like a bad movie.
    Last edited by nmfire; 09-02-2005 at 08:50 PM.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber firepimp's Avatar

Omfg , I actually hope this is a rumor because my heart just ropped that some ********* muther f-ers would do this , please someone say its just some bad news or false reporting , lol I feel like a woman I'm ready to cry cause this ish is gettign out of hand.
    " We are not extraordinary people , we are people caught in extraordinary situations. " Chapter 1 IFSTA Manual

MembersZone Subscriber

I have been watching Fox for the last 15 minutes and heard nothing.

I almost wonder if there is some sort of media blackout in effect for certain things, I see post about police officers telling the situation that is more like a warzone than what is reported on TV. I hear on the net reports of many police officers dead, police snipers on the roofs and the police locking themselves up at night, bands of armed thugs in trucks etc etc... But I see little on the news or main media outlets.

Not sure what is truth or rumor any more.
    Last edited by cjennings; 09-02-2005 at 09:20 PM.

Thread Information