Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45
  1. #1
    Forum Member stm4710's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,713

    Default An open letter Kanye West.

    Last edited by stm4710; 09-03-2005 at 06:07 PM.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.


  2. #2
    MembersZone Subscriber Thaddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Riverton, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    65

    Default

    I agree. The last thing at the moment people need is to hear the race debate. I saw a civil rights activist on Fox news last night who absolutly made an *** of himself on Bill O'Riley's show going on about if the population was white there wouldn't be all the delays in which happened.

    I think I can speak for everyone here by saying that we don't care if your black, white, blue, green, pink or even teal, if your a person in need we as members of the fire service, ems, police and emo are going to help you to the best of our abilities.

    I offer a big friendly kick in the *** with a steel toe boot for anyone who thinks that emergency services are based on a race to race basis.
    Last edited by Thaddie; 09-03-2005 at 06:51 PM.

  3. #3
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    You don't need a civil rights activist. You got that clown of a Congressman from NYC Charles Rangel. What a moron. He essentially accused the Pres. of deliberately holding back the rescue because the victims were black.

    What the hell are you people in NYC thinking when you keep electing this idiot?

  4. #4
    MembersZone Subscriber Thaddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Riverton, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    65

    Default

    makes you wonder sometimes what purpose these people serve. Obvously the only thing they learned was to get in front of the cameras at all cost.

  5. #5
    MembersZone Subscriber firemedic487's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    6

    Angry Re: An Open Letter...

    Spoken like a true redneck hillbilly white boy.

  6. #6
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firemedic487
    Spoken like a true redneck hillbilly white boy.
    Spoken like a true idiot racist.

  7. #7
    MembersZone Subscriber Thaddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Riverton, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firemedic487
    Spoken like a true redneck hillbilly white boy.
    Its nice we have people like this althought what you don't seem to realize that I don't care what color you are, if your human your human. I have numerous friends of different ethenic origin including but not limited to blacks, hispanics, japanese and chinese. In my country we encourage people to express their ethenic culture. When you say Canadian, you really mean people of multiple descents and origins . Why don't you get off your rocker and not judge people based on how little you know them.

  8. #8
    MembersZone Subscriber firemedic487's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    6

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    Spoken like a true idiot racist.

    Gee George... did I touch a nerve?? Since when are you not allowed to openly critisize someone and give an opinion based on when you see and know to hold true. Everyone here in these forums seems to do it all the time. First of all... Racist.. not even close... idiot... again... nope... true... well you're right on that. Until you have lived as a POOR black person in the ghetto, (or a poor latino in the bario, or a poor white person in a trailer park,) you really can have no opinion on how a poor black person feels when he walks into a grocery store, or when you can see 2 different news stories in New Orleans, one showing a black person after "looting" and another showing a white person "looking" for food. They are both scavenging for food the best they know how in the situation that your President didn't help mitigate sooner. Now if you can prove to me that there isn't a racial bias in this country (and believe me for every one non-biased item you come up with, I'll throw out 3 to counter)...

  9. #9
    MembersZone Subscriber firemedic487's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    6

    Default

    So, Thaddie, you being from Canada, how much do you know of being a black man in America?

  10. #10
    MembersZone Subscriber Thaddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Riverton, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    65

    Default

    what because I don't believe what certain civil rights advocates spew, automatically it makes me a racist? Firemedic, mabee you don't realize but there are wingnuts in every organization, hell you even see it in fire service management. Don't tell me for a seccond that you believe everything you see on television that you see.

    I don't see anything wrong with what I said, because at this point in time I DON'T see anything racist about what has been happening down south. When you put the shear size of the area devistated to prespective you will then understand that FEMA or who ever the hell is in charge cannot be everywhere all the time. Just because the media focuses on the big easy does not mean that other places are as desperate as seen there. I don't like how things are being handles down there as much as the next person however I can see they're doing the best they can give the cards they were delt. Even though their preplanning sucked the big one.

  11. #11
    Forum Member MEck51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    444

    Default

    No no, george is right. You're an idiot.

    "Until you have lived as a POOR black person in the ghetto, (or a poor latino in the bario, or a poor white person in a trailer park".

    You just sterotyped 3 races in one sentence. I know plenty of people that are white and lived in the ghetto or bario. I know blacks that have lived in trailer parks. I know people of every race that have lived in such diverse conditions you probaly couldn't even begin to understand. **** I lived in a trailer for a year. I guess that automaticly makes me poor. I don' even know how you can make statements such as you did and than try to find a way to defend them.

  12. #12
    MembersZone Subscriber prymtym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    175

    Thumbs down Whoever you are...

    Hey racist, (firemedic487)
    I grew up in Southwest Detroit until we got evicted from our house and had to move. That's about as "poor" and "ghetto" as you can get. Does that qualify me to call you a racist for calling someone "a true redneck hillbilly white boy"? Your damn right. What if I called you "...blah, blah, black boy?" You'd scream racism to anyone who would listen.

    Stealing food is one thing, cops looting shoes when they are wearing shoes is another. I think that is the kind of thing people here are upset about.

    There definately is racism in America, and you are just as guilty as anyone.
    KC
    "PHILIPPEANS 4:13"

  13. #13
    MembersZone Subscriber Thaddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Riverton, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firemedic487
    So, Thaddie, you being from Canada, how much do you know of being a black man in America?
    Gee I don't know firemedic487, how about you educate me?

    What I do know is that your country has in some places severe racial problems and poverty is rampant for both white and black. However if you think that because people are poor that the recovery effort is lax like that civil rights expert last night in which I mentioned above, you go against everything emergency services stand for.

  14. #14
    Forum Member stm4710's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firemedic487
    Gee George... did I touch a nerve?? Since when are you not allowed to openly critisize someone and give an opinion based on when you see and know to hold true. Everyone here in these forums seems to do it all the time. First of all... Racist.. not even close... idiot... again... nope... true... well you're right on that. Until you have lived as a POOR black person in the ghetto, (or a poor latino in the bario, or a poor white person in a trailer park,) you really can have no opinion on how a poor black person feels when he walks into a grocery store, or when you can see 2 different news stories in New Orleans, one showing a black person after "looting" and another showing a white person "looking" for food. They are both scavenging for food the best they know how in the situation that your President didn't help mitigate sooner. Now if you can prove to me that there isn't a racial bias in this country (and believe me for every one non-biased item you come up with, I'll throw out 3 to counter)...
    Yesterday on CNN( first mistake) with Wolfe Blitzer( second mistake) the leader of the Black congressional caucus said this hurricane had "racial motivations" . Im glad there were other people with me at the station when he was on........I couldnt freakin belive it. Racist hurricanes are surley a scurge on this country.


    The last thing we need right now is poloticans and stars to use this disaster as conduiet for there personal agendas and to start driveing false wedges between ourselves.
    The greatest asset America has is not our tall buildings or shiny cars. The greatest asset is the hearts of the American people who overlook petty differances and come together in the time of crisis to hold there fellow Americans hand.

    God Bless the American people.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

  15. #15
    MembersZone Subscriber firemedic487's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    6

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaddie
    what because I don't believe what certain civil rights advocates spew, automatically it makes me a racist? Firemedic, mabee you don't realize but there are wingnuts in every organization, hell you even see it in fire service management. Don't tell me for a seccond that you believe everything you see on television that you see.

    I don't see anything wrong with what I said, because at this point in time I DON'T see anything racist about what has been happening down south. When you put the shear size of the area devistated to prespective you will then understand that FEMA or who ever the hell is in charge cannot be everywhere all the time. Just because the media focuses on the big easy does not mean that other places are as desperate as seen there. I don't like how things are being handles down there as much as the next person however I can see they're doing the best they can give the cards they were delt. Even though their preplanning sucked the big one.
    I never claimed that you were a racist. And I do see plenty of wingnuts... even in my own family. My biggest gripe was with the person that started the thread. Second of all, I don't have to believe what I see on TV, or what I don't see on TV. I know what I see when I go out to a nice restaurant, or drive on to the car lot and start looking at the not bottom of the barrel cars. Was there anything "racist" about what happened in the Big Easy? most likely not, but since when should you (not meaning you inparticular, but you in general) tell someone that has 1/2 of 90 seconds of air time to a national audience "F*uck You". Thats what set me off in the first place.
    Oh and by the way, There are plenty of places where the poverty line is as bad as it is in Louisianna. If you would like a tour, let me know and I'll arrange it.

  16. #16
    MembersZone Subscriber Thaddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Riverton, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firemedic487
    I never claimed that you were a racist. And I do see plenty of wingnuts... even in my own family. My biggest gripe was with the person that started the thread. Second of all, I don't have to believe what I see on TV, or what I don't see on TV. I know what I see when I go out to a nice restaurant, or drive on to the car lot and start looking at the not bottom of the barrel cars. Was there anything "racist" about what happened in the Big Easy? most likely not, but since when should you (not meaning you inparticular, but you in general) tell someone that has 1/2 of 90 seconds of air time to a national audience "F*uck You". Thats what set me off in the first place.
    Oh and by the way, There are plenty of places where the poverty line is as bad as it is in Louisianna. If you would like a tour, let me know and I'll arrange it.
    I've seen parts of it myself, from Newark to areas in philly. I get a good majority of American news from the countless US stations on Television and have seen what politicians have done to poorer people, However my comments were directed to these civil activists who were mixing racism in with the rescue and recovery efforts in the south. Perhapse I have not stated my position clearly enough in regards to this.

  17. #17
    MembersZone Subscriber firemedic487's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    6

    Cool

    Yeah... well they do suck... the one I hate the most is Al Sharpton. Long standing since the late 80's (1987 to be exact...)

  18. #18
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,131

    Default

    I'm surprised that conservatives would support any type of federal assistance.

    When the subject of FireACT came up to provide funding for additional staff, we liberals were blasted with how this was a 'local' issue and should be funded accordingly.

    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  19. #19
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Burlington, Kentucky
    Posts
    5

    Default Race and/or Class

    Legally, the primary responsibility for the health and safety of the citizens of the City of New Orleans rests with local government. Is the Mayor of the City of New Orleans not African-American? Isn't the Chief of Police of New Orleans African-American? Isn't the Chief of the Fire Department of New Orleans African-American? Aren't the majority of representatives to the City Council of the New Orleans African-American?

    Did the leadership of the City of New Orleans not recognize that a significant portion of the population of the city would not have the means to adhere to the "mandatory evacuation order" issued by the mayor on Saturday? Did the mayor not truly understand the implications of his statement “ This is not a test, this is the real thing?” Were these not the same individuals of local government that are responsible for the preparedness to and response from the events of the last week? Were they unaware of the planning conducted within the last two years contemplating the events that unfolded during the last week? Didn't they not recognize these deficiencies? Did they not address these deficiencies with DHS HSGP funds provided to New Orleans during the last four years?

    Did the City of New Orleans not have the appropriate, disaster-resistant command and control infrastructure in-place prior to the landfall of Hurricane Katrina? Was funding to reinforce the levee system around New Orleans cut from the federal ACE budget for the past three years?

    Is this really an issue of race and/or class or is it an issue of incompetence and/or budget priorities?

  20. #20
    MembersZone Subscriber prymtym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    175

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by fletchem202
    Legally, the primary responsibility for the health and safety of the citizens of the City of New Orleans rests with local government. Is the Mayor of the City of New Orleans not African-American? Isn't the Chief of Police of New Orleans African-American? Isn't the Chief of the Fire Department of New Orleans African-American? Aren't the majority of representatives to the City Council of the New Orleans African-American?

    Did the leadership of the City of New Orleans not recognize that a significant portion of the population of the city would not have the means to adhere to the "mandatory evacuation order" issued by the mayor on Saturday? Did the mayor not truly understand the implications of his statement “ This is not a test, this is the real thing?” Were these not the same individuals of local government that are responsible for the preparedness to and response from the events of the last week? Were they unaware of the planning conducted within the last two years contemplating the events that unfolded during the last week? Didn't they not recognize these deficiencies? Did they not address these deficiencies with DHS HSGP funds provided to New Orleans during the last four years?

    Did the City of New Orleans not have the appropriate, disaster-resistant command and control infrastructure in-place prior to the landfall of Hurricane Katrina? Was funding to reinforce the levee system around New Orleans cut from the federal ACE budget for the past three years?

    Is this really an issue of race and/or class or is it an issue of incompetence and/or budget priorities?
    Well said. I first thought the feds really dropped the ball on this one but I have changed my mind in the last 24 hrs. or so.
    ...and I though Detroit had the dumbest city leaders in America.
    KC
    "PHILIPPEANS 4:13"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. World Of Fire Report: 12-21-04
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-2005, 08:12 AM
  2. World Of Fire Report: 12-20-04
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-31-2004, 09:39 PM
  3. World Of Fire Report: 04-03-04
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-04-2004, 12:58 PM
  4. World Of Fire Report: 02-19-04
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-2004, 12:24 PM
  5. Open Letter to Forum Participants
    By webteam in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-01-2002, 04:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts