Forum Member

Default An open letter Kanye West.

Last edited by stm4710; 09-03-2005 at 06:07 PM.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

MembersZone Subscriber

I agree. The last thing at the moment people need is to hear the race debate. I saw a civil rights activist on Fox news last night who absolutly made an *** of himself on Bill O'Riley's show going on about if the population was white there wouldn't be all the delays in which happened.

I think I can speak for everyone here by saying that we don't care if your black, white, blue, green, pink or even teal, if your a person in need we as members of the fire service, ems, police and emo are going to help you to the best of our abilities.

I offer a big friendly kick in the *** with a steel toe boot for anyone who thinks that emergency services are based on a race to race basis.
    Last edited by Thaddie; 09-03-2005 at 06:51 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

You don't need a civil rights activist. You got that clown of a Congressman from NYC Charles Rangel. What a moron. He essentially accused the Pres. of deliberately holding back the rescue because the victims were black.

What the hell are you people in NYC thinking when you keep electing this idiot?

MembersZone Subscriber

makes you wonder sometimes what purpose these people serve. Obvously the only thing they learned was to get in front of the cameras at all cost.

MembersZone Subscriber

Angry Re: An Open Letter...

Spoken like a true redneck hillbilly white boy.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic487
    Spoken like a true idiot racist.

MembersZone Subscriber

Its nice we have people like this althought what you don't seem to realize that I don't care what color you are, if your human your human. I have numerous friends of different ethenic origin including but not limited to blacks, hispanics, japanese and chinese. In my country we encourage people to express their ethenic culture. When you say Canadian, you really mean people of multiple descents and origins . Why don't you get off your rocker and not judge people based on how little you know them.

MembersZone Subscriber

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    Spoken like a true idiot racist.

Gee George... did I touch a nerve?? Since when are you not allowed to openly critisize someone and give an opinion based on when you see and know to hold true. Everyone here in these forums seems to do it all the time. First of all... Racist.. not even close... idiot... again... nope... true... well you're right on that. Until you have lived as a POOR black person in the ghetto, (or a poor latino in the bario, or a poor white person in a trailer park,) you really can have no opinion on how a poor black person feels when he walks into a grocery store, or when you can see 2 different news stories in New Orleans, one showing a black person after "looting" and another showing a white person "looking" for food. They are both scavenging for food the best they know how in the situation that your President didn't help mitigate sooner. Now if you can prove to me that there isn't a racial bias in this country (and believe me for every one non-biased item you come up with, I'll throw out 3 to counter)...

MembersZone Subscriber

So, Thaddie, you being from Canada, how much do you know of being a black man in America?

MembersZone Subscriber

what because I don't believe what certain civil rights advocates spew, automatically it makes me a racist? Firemedic, mabee you don't realize but there are wingnuts in every organization, hell you even see it in fire service management. Don't tell me for a seccond that you believe everything you see on television that you see.

I don't see anything wrong with what I said, because at this point in time I DON'T see anything racist about what has been happening down south. When you put the shear size of the area devistated to prespective you will then understand that FEMA or who ever the hell is in charge cannot be everywhere all the time. Just because the media focuses on the big easy does not mean that other places are as desperate as seen there. I don't like how things are being handles down there as much as the next person however I can see they're doing the best they can give the cards they were delt. Even though their preplanning sucked the big one.

Forum Member

No no, george is right. You're an idiot.

"Until you have lived as a POOR black person in the ghetto, (or a poor latino in the bario, or a poor white person in a trailer park".

You just sterotyped 3 races in one sentence. I know plenty of people that are white and lived in the ghetto or bario. I know blacks that have lived in trailer parks. I know people of every race that have lived in such diverse conditions you probaly couldn't even begin to understand. **** I lived in a trailer for a year. I guess that automaticly makes me poor. I don' even know how you can make statements such as you did and than try to find a way to defend them.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs down Whoever you are...

Hey racist, (firemedic487)
    I grew up in Southwest Detroit until we got evicted from our house and had to move. That's about as "poor" and "ghetto" as you can get. Does that qualify me to call you a racist for calling someone "a true redneck hillbilly white boy"? Your damn right. What if I called you "...blah, blah, black boy?" You'd scream racism to anyone who would listen.

Stealing food is one thing, cops looting shoes when they are wearing shoes is another. I think that is the kind of thing people here are upset about.

There definately is racism in America, and you are just as guilty as anyone.
    KC
    "PHILIPPEANS 4:13"

MembersZone Subscriber

So, Thaddie, you being from Canada, how much do you know of being a black man in America?
    Gee I don't know firemedic487, how about you educate me?

What I do know is that your country has in some places severe racial problems and poverty is rampant for both white and black. However if you think that because people are poor that the recovery effort is lax like that civil rights expert last night in which I mentioned above, you go against everything emergency services stand for.

Forum Member

Gee George... did I touch a nerve?? Since when are you not allowed to openly critisize someone and give an opinion based on when you see and know to hold true. Everyone here in these forums seems to do it all the time. First of all... Racist.. not even close... idiot... again... nope... true... well you're right on that. Until you have lived as a POOR black person in the ghetto, (or a poor latino in the bario, or a poor white person in a trailer park,) you really can have no opinion on how a poor black person feels when he walks into a grocery store, or when you can see 2 different news stories in New Orleans, one showing a black person after "looting" and another showing a white person "looking" for food. They are both scavenging for food the best they know how in the situation that your President didn't help mitigate sooner. Now if you can prove to me that there isn't a racial bias in this country (and believe me for every one non-biased item you come up with, I'll throw out 3 to counter)...
    Yesterday on CNN( first mistake) with Wolfe Blitzer( second mistake) the leader of the Black congressional caucus said this hurricane had "racial motivations" . Im glad there were other people with me at the station when he was on........I couldnt freakin belive it. Racist hurricanes are surley a scurge on this country.

The last thing we need right now is poloticans and stars to use this disaster as conduiet for there personal agendas and to start driveing false wedges between ourselves.
    The greatest asset America has is not our tall buildings or shiny cars. The greatest asset is the hearts of the American people who overlook petty differances and come together in the time of crisis to hold there fellow Americans hand.

God Bless the American people.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Thaddie
    what because I don't believe what certain civil rights advocates spew, automatically it makes me a racist? Firemedic, mabee you don't realize but there are wingnuts in every organization, hell you even see it in fire service management. Don't tell me for a seccond that you believe everything you see on television that you see.

I don't see anything wrong with what I said, because at this point in time I DON'T see anything racist about what has been happening down south. When you put the shear size of the area devistated to prespective you will then understand that FEMA or who ever the hell is in charge cannot be everywhere all the time. Just because the media focuses on the big easy does not mean that other places are as desperate as seen there. I don't like how things are being handles down there as much as the next person however I can see they're doing the best they can give the cards they were delt. Even though their preplanning sucked the big one.
    I never claimed that you were a racist. And I do see plenty of wingnuts... even in my own family. My biggest gripe was with the person that started the thread. Second of all, I don't have to believe what I see on TV, or what I don't see on TV. I know what I see when I go out to a nice restaurant, or drive on to the car lot and start looking at the not bottom of the barrel cars. Was there anything "racist" about what happened in the Big Easy? most likely not, but since when should you (not meaning you inparticular, but you in general) tell someone that has 1/2 of 90 seconds of air time to a national audience "F*uck You". Thats what set me off in the first place.
    Oh and by the way, There are plenty of places where the poverty line is as bad as it is in Louisianna. If you would like a tour, let me know and I'll arrange it.

MembersZone Subscriber

I never claimed that you were a racist. And I do see plenty of wingnuts... even in my own family. My biggest gripe was with the person that started the thread. Second of all, I don't have to believe what I see on TV, or what I don't see on TV. I know what I see when I go out to a nice restaurant, or drive on to the car lot and start looking at the not bottom of the barrel cars. Was there anything "racist" about what happened in the Big Easy? most likely not, but since when should you (not meaning you inparticular, but you in general) tell someone that has 1/2 of 90 seconds of air time to a national audience "F*uck You". Thats what set me off in the first place.
    Oh and by the way, There are plenty of places where the poverty line is as bad as it is in Louisianna. If you would like a tour, let me know and I'll arrange it.
    I've seen parts of it myself, from Newark to areas in philly. I get a good majority of American news from the countless US stations on Television and have seen what politicians have done to poorer people, However my comments were directed to these civil activists who were mixing racism in with the rescue and recovery efforts in the south. Perhapse I have not stated my position clearly enough in regards to this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

Yeah... well they do suck... the one I hate the most is Al Sharpton. Long standing since the late 80's (1987 to be exact...)

Forum Member

I'm surprised that conservatives would support any type of federal assistance.

When the subject of FireACT came up to provide funding for additional staff, we liberals were blasted with how this was a 'local' issue and should be funded accordingly.

Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Race and/or Class

Legally, the primary responsibility for the health and safety of the citizens of the City of New Orleans rests with local government. Is the Mayor of the City of New Orleans not African-American? Isn't the Chief of Police of New Orleans African-American? Isn't the Chief of the Fire Department of New Orleans African-American? Aren't the majority of representatives to the City Council of the New Orleans African-American?

Did the leadership of the City of New Orleans not recognize that a significant portion of the population of the city would not have the means to adhere to the "mandatory evacuation order" issued by the mayor on Saturday? Did the mayor not truly understand the implications of his statement This is not a test, this is the real thing? Were these not the same individuals of local government that are responsible for the preparedness to and response from the events of the last week? Were they unaware of the planning conducted within the last two years contemplating the events that unfolded during the last week? Didn't they not recognize these deficiencies? Did they not address these deficiencies with DHS HSGP funds provided to New Orleans during the last four years?

Did the City of New Orleans not have the appropriate, disaster-resistant command and control infrastructure in-place prior to the landfall of Hurricane Katrina? Was funding to reinforce the levee system around New Orleans cut from the federal ACE budget for the past three years?

Is this really an issue of race and/or class or is it an issue of incompetence and/or budget priorities?

MembersZone Subscriber

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by fletchem202
    Legally, the primary responsibility for the health and safety of the citizens of the City of New Orleans rests with local government. Is the Mayor of the City of New Orleans not African-American? Isn't the Chief of Police of New Orleans African-American? Isn't the Chief of the Fire Department of New Orleans African-American? Aren't the majority of representatives to the City Council of the New Orleans African-American?

Did the leadership of the City of New Orleans not recognize that a significant portion of the population of the city would not have the means to adhere to the "mandatory evacuation order" issued by the mayor on Saturday? Did the mayor not truly understand the implications of his statement This is not a test, this is the real thing? Were these not the same individuals of local government that are responsible for the preparedness to and response from the events of the last week? Were they unaware of the planning conducted within the last two years contemplating the events that unfolded during the last week? Didn't they not recognize these deficiencies? Did they not address these deficiencies with DHS HSGP funds provided to New Orleans during the last four years?

Did the City of New Orleans not have the appropriate, disaster-resistant command and control infrastructure in-place prior to the landfall of Hurricane Katrina? Was funding to reinforce the levee system around New Orleans cut from the federal ACE budget for the past three years?

Is this really an issue of race and/or class or is it an issue of incompetence and/or budget priorities?
    Well said. I first thought the feds really dropped the ball on this one but I have changed my mind in the last 24 hrs. or so.
    ...and I though Detroit had the dumbest city leaders in America.
    KC
    "PHILIPPEANS 4:13"

Disillusioned Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by fletchem202
    Louisiana disaster plan, pg 13, para 5 , dated 01/00

'The primary means of hurricane evacuation will be personal vehicles. School and municipal buses, government-owned vehicles and vehicles provided by volunteer agencies may be used to provide transportation for individuals who lack transportation and require assistance in evacuating'...
    Incompetence? Budget Priorities? I'd say they go pretty much hand in hand in this case.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Forum Member

Default reporting

Downunder and other places in the world the news is not good and has done irreparable damage to America' s reputation. Watched the German news yesterday and although my German is not fantastic the words were all about the effect on the urban underclass etc. Australian news is not good with foreign consulates ie Australia, Germany and Canada being denied access to New Orleans. Australian news crews are left to rescue stranded Aussies with the resulting horrific stories. - not good media managment. Not only is Pres GB3 on the nose but my own countries government is copping flack as well. I wonder whether you guys are getting sanatised news reports or the reality that is being released to the rest of the world. GB3's comments on shooting looters whilst the majority of the stranded were without food or water showed just out of touch those up the hierarchy are from reality.
    Disclaimer
    These views are my own and not of either my brigade or any other organisation.

Forum Member

Angry

I totally agree with the first post of this thread!! Why didn't he send one of his limos to pick up some survivors? Also with the rant about white=looking for food, blacks=looting, maybe the ones I saw on Tv carrying the flat screen TV and the arm load of electronic equipment were just getting them to munch on later.

It sure seems the banner of racism is carried the highest by the ones supposedly oppressed by it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default The American Response

Wombat,

With all due respect, I could not care less what you or others (read anyone other than US citizens) think about the response of the US Government (FEMA) to the disaster in US gulf coast. While I may be critical of the response of the officials of New Orleans (certainly) and the State of Louisiana to the recent disaster, I will not tolerate anyone from a foreign nation criticizing the US response to this disaster. In all reality, DHS, FEMA and the US Government still reigns supreme in terms of our ability to respond to and mitigate any natural disaster regardless of the location anywhere in the world. I stand ready to debate this issue with you or anyone else.

MembersZone Subscriber

Kanye West is a p*rick for making those comments during that broadcast. It was the wrong time and place for it. The time for debate is long in the future after all have been helped.

Bottom line: there are lowlife black people, lowlife white people, lowlife mexicans, lowlife indians, lowlife whatever! I can hardly believe that those reporters sought out people of one color or another doing anything. Fact is New Orleans is a poor city and a city with a large black population. By the law of averages it was pretty likely that some of those filmed would be black people who are poor.

Another point to ponder...seems like those who are racist are usually the ones accusing others of discrimination. Go figure Al Sharpton...

Thread Information