Thread: hello from MS

Iranfromthezoo

Default hello from MS

hey guys this is my first time to get back to firehouse since sunday night. I`m up here in Brandon, MS. We are around 120 miles from the coast and we are hit hard. We spent all monday sitting at the firehouse, the ambulance didnt run but we ran emergency calls, we had a code and he died...But we have extensive damage here, we cleared out all of the trees off the road, took around 5 1/2 hours with 5 teams of 4 from our dept. We have no electricity and are running out of gas in our POV's and have been having to wait in line for 4 1/2 hours for gas, shows how much i guess they care about us...I will post some pictures of the katrina damage, but I need some help....Me and some guys want to help down here in MS, but with no way to find out anything out, there are no telephones or electricity still. Can you guys give us information on how to go help our guys down in gulfport or pass christian...also if you guys from alabama know anything about Meridian, MS can you please post on here so I can find out....

thanks,

Jared
    Brandon, MS
    Shell Rd. Fire

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Not from MS, but VERY happy too hear that you and your crews made it through without much damage. Good luck.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Forum Member

I spoke with MarionMedic just on the north side of Meridian last night. It sound like they are running ragget themselves. I am out of florida and am trying to get up to help if I can. I will be the weekend before I can get up there. If you will let me know I will try and bring some stuff. Contact me at tsmss@aol.com or 407-925-3462

Forum Member

I'm over here in Marion on the north side of meridian.
    Good to hear from you in Brandon.
    yep, we're some tired puppies over here. All we did today was catch up on paperwork and rest. (it IS the sabbath)

We're winding down locally as far as being on standby goes. We'll likely go back to business as usual after our regular meeting Monday night.

We did better than Meridian in our cleanup and recovery. That's a good thing with only 8 people.

Please see my other post about NOT WAITING, we may be ok now but there's too many areas in MS that need help like five days ago.

Iranfromthezoo

hey guys a update to the post, the night after i posted this my uncle who is a national guardsman house caught fire, I was on the first arriving, it feels like crap when you get toned out to your families house, but feels alot worse when you cant save it....I have pics of the house, but dont know how to post them....I`m also worn out running on no sleep from overhauling and then helping him salvage what little he has..so please keep my family in your prayers cause it will be a long and hard road.

Forum Member

Thats really tough. Its one of my biggest fears as a firefighter, but I guess its one of just about everyone's. Thoughts and prayers to your family and everyone on the gulf coast too.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Wren, MS Until the forum gremlins pay a visit!

Cato36.....MarionMedic, you guys to the south. What do you need at your FD, or otherwise????
    Chief
    Wren Volunteer Fire Department
    IACOJ
    Southern Division

http://www.wrenfiredepartment.4t.com/

In Memory of:
    FireFighter/Pilot James Archer
    1946-2005
    "Rest in peace James, you now have the ultimate set of wings on you."

Thanks, LeuitEFDems

Forum Member

hey guys, we just got the lights back on in south jxn. right now we are dealing with a lot of people from new orleans and the biloxi/gulfport area who are staying in jxn. it is putting a strain on our call volume, but so far we have been able to handle everything with the resources that we have on hand (23 stations and 390 ffs.) we are currently sending a truck and trailer load of supplies to the coast every other day and are sending a team of 12 ffs. we want to send more and feel that our hands are tied between trying to help our family down in south ms and trying to deal with the damage here and the sudden increase in population that we have to respond to, however we will make do just fine.....just please keep the victims on the coast in your thoughts and prayers because they are the ones who need it most.
    Last edited by peon30; 09-06-2005 at 08:07 AM.

Thread Information