Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Mabas Deploys to Katrina!

Mabas Division 47 (and I believe several others) have been activated. Salem is sending and Engine, a pickup. This will be staffed by two firefighters from Centralia, two from Salem and one from Odin. They are scheduled to meet in Effingham at Noon on Monday.

We plan to update our MABAS47.org website with as much public info as possible.

Steve Murphy
    Salem
    www.salemfire.org
    www.mabas47.org
    Steve Murphy
    Safety Captain
    Salem Fire District
    Salem IL

Forum Member

Yes the call came from red center yesterday. They want 1 engine with 1 officier and 4 FF and 8 additional FF from each Div. 14 day deployment, need to bring your own food and water full gear with SCBA. Div 31 is sending a few, noy bad with less than 10hrs notice. Radio sure was busy last night. Hard to get vol's to go 1000 miles away on short notice on a holiday weekend where they can't notifi there work place. I know I could get more guy's after tommrow. For those of you that are going ...be safe...and let the boy's back at the station know whats going on.

We had 4 guys from Erie leave this AM with an engine.
    In the picture Left to Right - Firefighter/EMT Scott Miner, Firefighter/Paramedic Chad Miner, Cordova Firefighter Lewis Sebert III, Firefighter Jamie Melton and Captain Scott Melton
    We pray for a safe trip and a safe return!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lilyogi

Forum Member

Division 7 of Kankakee County was called up yesterday. They're supposed to leave this morning. They requested a squad, two engines, two chiefs, and our engine. We didn't send the Engine, but our Deputy Chief went. Wish everyone the best of luck down there! Be safe.

Has anyone heard any news about sending another team after this first two weeks is over?

MembersZone Subscriber Crisb1419's Avatar

Exclamation Mabas 32

Mabas 32 (St. Clair Co & Monroe Co) is activated and enroute to staging area in Southern IL . East Side FD, North West FD, Freeburg FD have FF's going, there are other's going but not sure what depts. Be safe all...

Stay Safe
    Last edited by Crisb1419; 09-05-2005 at 12:33 PM.
    FF/Instructor
    "Train as you life depends on it, IT DOES!!"
    IACOJ
    MABAS 32

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Tampico

Tampico sent Firefighter Bruce Anderson with the Mabas 33 guys. (This is lilyogis group) I desperately wanted to go, but I am starting my full time job in less than a month. And I anm moving in a little over two weeks. It is just too close to go. I cant leave my wife to pack the house all alone. My thoughts and prayers are with all of the brave men and women who are answering the call. May God bless them and may he watch over them and may he grant them success in the mission and give them safe return. God Bless you guys.
    To those whom much has been given, much shall be required.
    Chickens don't really exist....they are actually eggs with legs!

My thoughts and prayers are with all who are going. May God keep you safe while performing your duties and may He see to it that you return safely to your loved ones.
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Division 8 sent a number of folks, I believe Cherry Valley sent an engine, we sent a 4wd squad (they really wanted 4x4 stuff), Rockton sent equipment and personnel, and I know some Rockford folks were supposed to be heading down with our guys.

They say there will be another deployment in two weeks, and more in two week cycles, but I don't know what to think.

Good to see Illinois has provided what looks like a good response. I know we had a lot more guys on my department sign up to go than were allowed to.

I just talked to my guys at 10:30am, they said they are almost to Effingham, they said the number of apparatus they have seen is unbelievable! They are going to call me when they know where they will be going.
    Lilyogi

Thumbs up More info

We heard that is should be round 1 of a few rounds, The turn around is 14 to 18 days. So you may see the next cycle come in that time frame. Just talked to some guys heading south, they are meeting up in Marion IL and from there it sounds like Atlanta GA is where they are headed. I will try and keep info going on forums as much as I can. Stay Safe
    Last edited by Crisb1419; 09-05-2005 at 12:53 PM.
    FF/Instructor
    IACOJ
    MABAS 32

MembersZone Subscriber

Division 21 sent somes guys and equiptment down mostly the fulltimers. I was told the POC's were going after they came back so, Ill be heading down also....

MembersZone Subscriber jaybird210's Avatar
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

Div 6 sent 15 dudes/dude-etes and a couple rigs; I know Div 13 and Div 2 are also en rotue....
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilyogi
    I just talked to my guys at 10:30am, they said they are almost to Effingham, they said the number of apparatus they have seen is unbelievable! They are going to call me when they know where they will be going.
    That convoy would be a site to see! At least its all going for good use. I put my name in for the next round if they need additional teams. Sounds like they're gonna need a lot more.

Default Next Round

I am in on the next round, would of gone this time but have to go to Baltimore on Wed for a training seminar. It's good to see IL helping out down there. Stay Safe
    FF/Instructor
    IACOJ
    MABAS 32

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Convoy passes Salem

We have Pics on our www.MABAS47.org web site of the SEVEN convoys that passed by Salem this afternoon. The first convoy passed Salem at about 1:00pm, the last convoy passed at about 3:34pm.
    Last edited by Smurph; 09-05-2005 at 07:13 PM.
    Steve Murphy
    Safety Captain
    Salem Fire District
    Salem IL

Excellent shots...nice to see you caught our division's folks going through...

MABAS 8 rigs

The shot shows Cherry Valley's Engine 501, North Park's Squad 843 with our training trailer, and Cherry Valley's Chief 590 pulling another trailer full of stuff to live off of.

I will say they did good picking the engine, not many in this area are air conditioned, and I'm pretty sure the Valley's is. Not a bad choice, if you ask me. Our squad is, which is nice, but the rear SCBA seats in that thing are brutal.

Good luck to all, and I'm awed by what our state has put together.
    Last edited by npfd801; 09-05-2005 at 08:02 PM.

Default Mabas Update ...

Just got a phone call from my guys and they are heading straight into New Orleans. No stoping in Atlanta, straight in. Stay Safe
    FF/Instructor
    IACOJ
    MABAS 32

Forum Member

Thumbs up

great job guys i run with a couple departments on the se side of illinois im from indiana stay safe and great pictures.

MembersZone Subscriber BVFD1983's Avatar

Whoops, edited.
    Last edited by BVFD1983; 09-07-2005 at 12:35 PM.

Forum Member

Sounds like round 2 in 2 weeks. Talked to my guys they were headed stright to New Orleans for there shots.

Thread Information